1.2.2 Patch Notes

"
iGanc wrote:
"
Awaklin wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

General Balance:

We have restricted skills to only work with a single trigger gem at a time. Skills supported by multiple triggers will be disabled and won't work with any of them.

Is it just me, or is this a very controversial thing that is going to kill most of the ongoing crazy DPS builds that are dominating the tables out there??

And if so, could there be info on the support skill so we know which ones are triggers and which ones are not??

I am VERY interested in this too. Does this mean you cannot use 'curse on hit' to cast 2 curses for you? Now can you not cast more than one skill with Cast on Crit? What about 'Cast When Damage Taken', can it only cast 1 skill? I hope there is some elaboration on this!

I think the patch meant to say that you can use Assassin & Warlord's mark on curse on hit, but not those two with curse on hit & cast on critical strike. Hope this clarifies a bit.

Edit: Mark beat me to it. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 11, 2014, 12:04:22 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PORTALS MY fucking GEAR PORTAL will BE GLORIOUS

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Qarl wrote:

General Balance:

We have restricted skills to only work with a single trigger gem at a time. Skills supported by multiple triggers will be disabled and won't work with any of them.

Was there a point to this? I'm curious. Is there some broken application I'm unaware of?
Loving this patch! It's one that makes me excited to buy more MTXes! :D

Question: I currently right click my pets in hideout as per normal to have them trail me around my wraeclast expeditions...

How does the UI differentiate between me wanting the pet to grudgingly follow me vs me wanting the pet to do a hideout hangout?

"
Qarl wrote:

No, it doesn't mean that at all. It says that one skill can't have multiple triggers, not that one trigger can't support multiple skills. Those are very different things.
You can totally have Curse on Hit supporting two different curses. You can't have one curse supported by both curse on hit and cast on crit - that skill (the curse) can't have two triggers.

Just like any trigger prevents casting things manually, they now also prevent other triggers.

Hmmmm, ok, it is not as bad as i thought it to be, and it won't affect most of the builds out there, it is just that you cant trigger the same thing twice on an attack, for example, but you can trigger several skills anyway.

Good to know, thank you Qarl
Awaklin - Awake, Living and Loving
For Tornado Shot's bug fix about returning arrows, does that mean arrows coming out of tornado's or does that only apply to arrows that have the mod "Projectiles Return to You", from Tora?
"
Qarl wrote:
No, it doesn't mean that at all. It says that one skill can't have multiple triggers, not that one trigger can't support multiple skills. Those are very different things.
You can totally have Curse on Hit supporting two different curses. You can't have one curse supported by both curse on hit and cast on crit - that skill (the curse) can't have two triggers.

Just like any trigger prevents casting things manually, they now also prevent other triggers.

While you are at it. Are you going to balance cast on stun and cast on melee kill (i see something bwing done already here) to the viabiliy level of cast on crit? It is obvious that CoCS beats every other trigfer. Maybe a way to fix that can be just making CoS/CoMK spells being manually cast'able? Currently both CoS/CoMK take enire item worth of links and in most cases are useless except for rare trigger situation (CoCS trigger os both freauent and beneficial. CoS is a negative trigger and CoMK happens once per mob..)

Btw any Sweep changes? This skill is a COMPLETE joke..
Last edited by sidtherat on Sep 11, 2014, 12:32:26 AM
I like the back story of Vorici and Igna Phoenix being old friends. Lets have more back story for our erstwhile Masters and the Rogues roaming Wraeclast!
"
Rowsol wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

General Balance:

Was there a point to this? I'm curious. Is there some broken application I'm unaware of?
Primarily to prevent people adding Cast on Melee kill to their existing Cast on Crit builds only for the bonus spell damage to triggered spells that this patch adds to it. That's meant to make using Cast on Melee Kill more viable, not turn it into a damage increase support of other triggers.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 11, 2014, 12:16:46 AM
Me like.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info