1.2.2 Patch Notes

"
Setharial wrote:
"
Microtransaction portal effects now apply to portals created by Map Devices.

YES, YES, YES SO FUCKING YES.

:D
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
iGanc wrote:
"
Awaklin wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

General Balance:

We have restricted skills to only work with a single trigger gem at a time. Skills supported by multiple triggers will be disabled and won't work with any of them.

Is it just me, or is this a very controversial thing that is going to kill most of the ongoing crazy DPS builds that are dominating the tables out there??

And if so, could there be info on the support skill so we know which ones are triggers and which ones are not??

I am VERY interested in this too. Does this mean you cannot use 'curse on hit' to cast 2 curses for you? Now can you not cast more than one skill with Cast on Crit? What about 'Cast When Damage Taken', can it only cast 1 skill?
No, it doesn't mean that at all. It says that one skill can't have multiple triggers, not that one trigger can't support multiple skills. Those are very different things.
You can totally have Curse on Hit supporting two different curses. You can't have one curse supported by both curse on hit and cast on crit - that skill (the curse) can't have two triggers.

Just like any trigger prevents casting things manually, they now also prevent other triggers.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 11, 2014, 12:01:47 AM
"
Rowsol wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

General Balance:

We have restricted skills to only work with a single trigger gem at a time. Skills supported by multiple triggers will be disabled and won't work with any of them.

Was there a point to this? I'm curious. Is there some broken application I'm unaware of?
Primarily to prevent people adding Cast on Melee kill to their existing Cast on Crit builds only for the bonus spell damage to triggered spells that this patch adds to it. That's meant to make using Cast on Melee Kill more viable, not turn it into a damage increase support of other triggers.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 11, 2014, 12:16:46 AM
"
l33tus wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

No, it doesn't mean that at all. It says that one skill can't have multiple triggers, not that one trigger can't support multiple skills. Those are very different things.
You can totally have Curse on Hit supporting two different curses. You can't have one curse supported by both curse on hit and cast on crit - that skill (the curse) can't have two triggers.

Just like any trigger prevents casting things manually, they now also prevent other triggers.

Sorry, but still doesn't clear to me.
If I link: CwDT (low lvl) --> spell (low lvl) --> Curse on Hit (high lvl) --> curse (high lvl)

Will it work or not?

The spell triggered by only one trigger gem, and it triggerS another. The curse, as it is high lvl only triggered by one trigger gem as well.

So? :)
Yes, in that example each spell only has one trigger on it, both will work.
"
Drusek wrote:
So because you cannot fix cast on death you nerf all other trigger gems?
This had literally nothing at all to do with cast on death. I have no idea what gave you that impression.
"
LostForm wrote:
what about the mjolner trigger (no skin in the game, just curious).
Mjolner's unique mod is a trigger, and will prevent other triggers from working. Mjolner's trigger still has the special property of not preventing manual casting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info