[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
kisiel15 wrote:
"
Hello, thanks for the useful guide!

You said that Deadeye is the standard Ascendancy class for Tornado Shot, but if I use a pierce build with Drillneck how will it stack with Tornado Shot and the +1 chain granted by the Deadeye node Ricochet?
If I understand correctly the projectile should pierce but not chain, or am I missing something?

Would it be better to take Powerful Precision so to get 100% Critical Chance because of the 100% pierce?

I also have a question about Eye of Chayula. Would you run it?

Great qestion, i wanted to ask same, how that +1 chain it's working with TS? And how "Far shot" is working at all? Im not very good in knowles game mechanics.

@TheFazzo
If you are using Pierce you can use any Ascendancy. If you go for Deadeye you typically use Endless munitions (+1 arrow, 200 accuracy, AoE size) and any other talent is a solid choice (Powerful Precision or Fast and Deadly or even Sharp and Venomous). Think on what benefits your own character the most. I would typically go for Fast and Deadly but it depends on gem setup / what you are using the character for / etc.

Note on Powerful Precision - If you are utilizing Far Shot (which you should) and TS it basically gives you 0 pierce chance, so you must use the pierce gem + 4 x pierce passives (Do not spend a jewel slot on cruel act 2 pierce jewel reward).

@Kisiel15
+1 Chain on TS chains the projectiles from your TS explosion. It is a fantastic AoE combination.
I could not find the source but Far Shot basically works like an opposite Point Blank. You start gaining damage bonuses if the projectiles travel something like one sixth of your screen length. Could not find the source :( I might remember this wrong. Anyways - it works. It is a great damage booster.
"

@Kisiel15
+1 Chain on TS chains the projectiles from your TS explosion. It is a fantastic AoE combination.
I could not find the source but Far Shot basically works like an opposite Point Blank. You start gaining damage bonuses if the projectiles travel something like one sixth of your screen length. Could not find the source :( I might remember this wrong. Anyways - it works. It is a great damage booster.

Some sites ago i asked for the best choice in this ascendancy class, using Drillneck.

"
scrooge999 wrote:

Ricochet won't do anything for you since projectiles that pierce can't chain. The additional crit chance from Powerful Precision or the extra projectile from Endless Munitions on the other hand will be of use to you.

I also use Powerful Precision and i am not Sure if endless Munition wont be the better choice.
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on Apr 14, 2016, 9:39:50 AM
Spoiler
What do you guys think about the open prefix? Few messages earlier the solution has been exalt for possible awesomeness. But if I go with the "safe" craft do you think WED or added elemdmg would be better? For LA/BR or TS. The damage calculator wants a google permission and I can't access it.

Edit: Do divine orbs work on crafted stats the same way as other stats?
Last edited by rikkemon on Apr 14, 2016, 10:17:02 PM
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
"

@Kisiel15

Some sites ago i asked for the best choice in this ascendancy class, using Drillneck.

"
scrooge999 wrote:

Ricochet won't do anything for you since projectiles that pierce can't chain. The additional crit chance from Powerful Precision or the extra projectile from Endless Munitions on the other hand will be of use to you.

I also use Powerful Precision and i am not Sure if endless Munition wont be the better choice.

A) I find drillneck underwhelming in a standard TS setup. It has its uses if utilized by a specific build - for instance lmp puncture with +1 additional arrow and endless munitions. So in a specific context it is great but for a standard bow setup I do not find it optimal.

B) Endless munitions is your 4 pointer. The must have (if you go for drillneck). Then you choose between the other 2 pointers in which Powerful precision is an option - however I cannot state this clearly enough: If you use drillneck pierce setup Endless Munitions is a must have.

"
rikkemon wrote:
Spoiler
What do you guys think about the open prefix? Few messages earlier the solution has been exalt for possible awesomeness. But if I go with the "safe" craft do you think WED or added elemdmg would be better? For LA/BR or TS. The damage calculator wants a google permission and I can't access it.

Edit: Do divine orbs work on crafted stats the same way as other stats?

I cannot see the bow from the picture since it is bugged, but I inspected your Raider. If it is the Harbinger you are using with your Raider I would give it a Yolo exalt (make sure it can only roll a prefix). If things go well - great! If you get a bad prefix - well... It did not get any worse. Not much to lose but a lot to gain!

I a bow much like yours. Now I have
:D
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 14, 2016, 6:38:36 PM
Still nice ^^ I wish i would even get 6L my Chest or Bow, but i am not the luckiest this League x.x
Question answered. Thanks!
Last edited by ru81k4 on Apr 16, 2016, 12:43:43 AM
Is it worth considering the Forces of Nature cluster (+40% ele dmg and 6% penetration). Or is it better to grab physical damage nodes (or IAS) instead?
[Standard league - UTC +2]
"
soilwork3r wrote:
"
federrock wrote:
Hey thank you for this wonderfull guide.
Could you please update the windripper skill trees?
I want to switch to windripper but iam not sure how i should change the skill points.

why not voltaxic ?. windripper is "meh"
voltaxic = small tooltip dps, better "feel" - more ias//chaos damage is "best" : no reflect//lower resist thats why u cant brick maps with voltaxic.
phys is kinda good for endgame. decently crafted bow outdps voltaxic, but the downside is that with absurdly high dps (i had 80k la fullbuffed) u can easily oneshot urself with high hp reflect rare surrounded by huge mob pack.

windripper is somewhere in the middle without anything "strong"
only 1 reason to go winderipper could be mf, otherwise phys//voltaxic is just better

im at 140k la buffed and not having probs with phys / ele refl tbh
"
ru81k4 wrote:
My damage feels low, and I am hoping for some suggestions.

1.) I switched over to blast rain/split arrow from puncture trap/tornado shot. I am happy so far.
2.) The tree is fairly defensive because I was dying more than I like.
3.) My amulet could probably use some damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAO4FLQW1CC4IiQ2NES8VIBVDFr8ZjiF2IuIj0yP2JP0mlSoLKk0s6S5TMHEwfDH6Nj051DpCPs8_J0MxR35H4kp9SshLeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtVhVb6Whpbr11oYeJirGVNbIxvJ3BSdO11y3X9dvd67311fyuEb4azhs6HdonTjDaNfY1-jb-PYJUFmmqa8ZuNnaqgn6Q5pcu0xbVIvTa95r6nwTPC7MMzyqnNmM9e02_TftQj1ELawd0N3ajjn-dU6b3qYutj7YPuDu968Lv2o_66_94=?accountName=ru81k4&characterName=DawdleGrind

~

You build is a glass-canon :)

You have no damage reduction and not a lot of increased life either. Belly of the Beast is not a tanky body armor.
I made this guide for a tanky Harbinger setup.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1648334
You might wanna look into it but it requires you going for 2 things: A) willing to go to lvl 93. B) You want to clear endgame content.
If not you do not need a tanky setup at all :)

Suggestions - well read the guide and ask questions if you have any :D
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 15, 2016, 9:03:09 PM
The 102 passive link doesnt seem any different than the previous. Im 80 and Im not sure where to put more nodes in =/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info