[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hi all, exilez. Want ask about "Deal with the bandits": information about rewards aqtually for 2.0? Im about this:
"
BANDIT REWARDS:
NORMAL: Help Oak
CRUEL: Preferred: slay all three // Alternative: Help Oak/Kraitlyn
MERCILESS: Preferred: Help Kraitlyn // Alternative: Help Alira/Slay all

Thanks!
"
Inò wrote:
So let me just quickly say that I am by no means one of the leeches and need their hand held at all times. I hop between games a lot and tend to follow guides to get a feel for how the build has changed and can then go on on my own soon after and know exactly what I'm doing and understand how it all works.

So the question: I recently got a 6-link and a 5-link on Warbands and was previously using 2 4-links, Split Arrow with Infractum and Frenzy for single target, and switched to a TS with a Harbinger. The question is this, what should I put in my 5-link? The guide mentioned (as well as some comments here) that TS doesn't need a single target and I have found that I 100% agree. I melt map bosses like nothing with TS and after starting out with Puncture in the 5-link I realized I hadn't used it once. Is there anything other "best" option I could put in the 5-link, because right now I'm not sure if something else is better. I thought maybe my CoH setup, but I just thought I'd get opinions or insight on what others are using.

PS - There is the option of just keeping the single target there just in case I suppose, but after just putting Vaal Haste in my gear I actually have one too many spells to even have on my bar so that's why I was looking at dropping the single target.

I will throw this into the frey since a lot of people may not have tried and tested this after the last puncture nerf but it should be addressed:

if using split/chain or even TS as your main attack and you are trying to decide on a single target attack for end game bosses, atziri, etc. especially after the buff to bosses set up a puncture trap setup. It takes some getting used to and some people say its useless for bosses that stand still yet they could not be further from the truth. Cast a trap under a stationary boss and then TS the boss and wooot the knock back sets of puncture as the boss is moved, etc. Its a fun skill, fun to play with and godly for single target. IMO I would never switch to frenzy or anything else its just that good yet it does take getting used to the mechanics but offers a hella of a lot of fun in bow builds. If you have never tried it give it a try and you may get hooked so fast the game will open up some super fun game play and bosses will not be your main worry if some are now. Puncture trap, however, really needs a 6 link to shine both in HC and SC.
Hello all,

I'd greatly appreciate if Neversink or anyoe else could give any insight into the Windripper subvariant of this build.

I am talking specifically the skill tree, gem links etc.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
Sith
Hey Folks,

Just curious... with this build how do you fine folks farm? Do you throw in a IR linked in your TS? I'm wanting to farm to save up for some better gear here in Warbands.

I'd like to read your preferences with this build.

:)
i use culling-golem-rarity and letting golem kill unique guys (cause i have only 5l ts set, if i get 6l i'll swap to ir for farming)
Hi there, this might end up being a daft question. I'm confused about the frenzy charges used in this build. I cant see what you use to proc the charges or an item or gem that would proc the charges. Could some one point out what im missing please. im loving the build btw
"
Astrohawke wrote:
What's the consensus on EC/CWDT/IC setup? Still worth using or drop for something else? My problem with the setup is it's a pain in the ass manual casting EC and there's limited slots on the skill bar for it.
Also when it procs, the phys invul duration just seems way too short to even make a big difference.

I'm thinking of trying a cwdt/enfeeble setup instead but not sure how effective that is. Or maybe temporal chains. Any ideas?

I'm considering dropping it. CWDT/Enfeeble is pretty decent, but the old way just really isn't all that great, and I rarely need it in most maps anyways.

Also, the old setup really needs a 3-red setup, which is hard with the evasion boots we need/should probably be using.

So as soon as I come across some really decent evasion boots, I'm going to get rid of it and move on.
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
"
Inò wrote:
So let me just quickly say that I am by no means one of the leeches and need their hand held at all times. I hop between games a lot and tend to follow guides to get a feel for how the build has changed and can then go on on my own soon after and know exactly what I'm doing and understand how it all works.

So the question: I recently got a 6-link and a 5-link on Warbands and was previously using 2 4-links, Split Arrow with Infractum and Frenzy for single target, and switched to a TS with a Harbinger. The question is this, what should I put in my 5-link? The guide mentioned (as well as some comments here) that TS doesn't need a single target and I have found that I 100% agree. I melt map bosses like nothing with TS and after starting out with Puncture in the 5-link I realized I hadn't used it once. Is there anything other "best" option I could put in the 5-link, because right now I'm not sure if something else is better. I thought maybe my CoH setup, but I just thought I'd get opinions or insight on what others are using.

PS - There is the option of just keeping the single target there just in case I suppose, but after just putting Vaal Haste in my gear I actually have one too many spells to even have on my bar so that's why I was looking at dropping the single target.

"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
I will throw this into the frey since a lot of people may not have tried and tested this after the last puncture nerf but it should be addressed:

if using split/chain or even TS as your main attack and you are trying to decide on a single target attack for end game bosses, atziri, etc. especially after the buff to bosses set up a puncture trap setup. It takes some getting used to and some people say its useless for bosses that stand still yet they could not be further from the truth. Cast a trap under a stationary boss and then TS the boss and wooot the knock back sets of puncture as the boss is moved, etc. Its a fun skill, fun to play with and godly for single target. IMO I would never switch to frenzy or anything else its just that good yet it does take getting used to the mechanics but offers a hella of a lot of fun in bow builds. If you have never tried it give it a try and you may get hooked so fast the game will open up some super fun game play and bosses will not be your main worry if some are now. Puncture trap, however, really needs a 6 link to shine both in HC and SC.

I appreciate your reply but I'm looking for an option OTHER than a single target. I know what I'd use if I were going to use a single target but I don't have a need for one at the moment.

Edit: I've thought about it more and I was thinking that either putting my culling link or my CoH link in it, but I'm not sure which. At the moment I'm using CoH - SA - Chain - Assassin's Mark and Cull - Ice Golem - Rain of Arrows (Was using SA, but I decided to try something else out after dropping Infractem) - Rarity. Not sure which of those would benefit the most from a 5th link or what to put in that 5th link in either. Maybe FA for either? I don't know, I'm just thinking of random ideas.
Last edited by Inò on Jul 26, 2015, 8:00:00 PM
"
Zauriel wrote:
Hi there, this might end up being a daft question. I'm confused about the frenzy charges used in this build. I cant see what you use to proc the charges or an item or gem that would proc the charges. Could some one point out what im missing please. im loving the build btw

They are using the blood rage gem in the setup to proc frenzy charges and grabbing Golem's Blood in general for the 1.6% life regeneration which is ok yet if you want to hardly notice the bleed also grab the Masters of the Arena node for an additional 1% which really negates the bleed. With the change in blood rage its super super nice and a huge dps buff. Have fun its one of the best gems now to use with the new frenzy nodes on the tree positioned in much better spots.
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Jul 26, 2015, 9:43:26 PM
Hi, I am still new to playing ranger and this ranged build.
I did manage to get 3 bows... not sure which is good. I am having a hard time with survivability on tempest.... I have 3k life now.. but i think my gear needs lot of work..

I do have a question however ...
out of these 3 bows which one would give good damage ..

my gear - barely manged to res cap but with -40% chaos resist...
Spoiler

I went for all life nodes i could find on the tree first... hoping to start putting in the damage - crit nodes since i hit 3k life...
This is my skill tree so far at level 65
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1CC4IiQqbDY0ZjiF2I_YknTB8MgEylDqzQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdbr11oYetiWmKsZU1noGyMdO11y3rvfXV_AoTZhs6HdorwjX2Nfo2_kAqVBZrxmyabjZ2qo4qm4LCrshm0xb02vqfBM8FJwuzEgsjcyqnNmM96037UI9nG2sHjn-cK6NbpRupi7YPuDu96_MX-Hf66

Need advice on how to progress with skills and what kind of cheaper options are available to improve my gear.
Domine Non Es Dignus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info