The new 1.2.1 Beyond mobs are bugged/over-tuned

This makes RIP ~5 in this league, most of them due to the strange new lag issue tho.

I really wish they had learned their lesson from invasion, finetuning mobs after week 4 is just not fun for the players.

So, based on invasion im calling the comming patchnotes now:

Rebalanced some of the beyond invaders.
Added new ones.
Rebalanced newly added beyond invaders.
Buffed loot from magic/rare beyond invaders.
Reduced health across the board.
Made easy invaders harder.

Something like that. I also decided that haku can officially get his bloody spirit himself. Im not heading down there to desync screenfreeze yet another time, to find myself instantly killed, tyvm. Also, detonates nearby corpses strongboxes are evil, because nearby means the entire screen length.
This is a game that I, and a lot of other people want to play HC badly...its just built for HC leagues...

However, rather than what I would normally do in HC ARPG games, play, die, learn, repeat...

The deaths in this game are often so cheap, or completely non-player-skill based...that ill have a few deaths, and then go to a softcore league or standard...and get bored because the game just isn't built for "forever" gameplay (if that makes sense)..so ill move on to an ARPG with way less depth, much better combat, and none of these issues and stay there for a long time (I go through arpg cycles and this game always has me leaving with a bad taste in my mouth)

Lucky for me I ripped on a desync snapback into a mass of mobs I was running past (yeah I know stupid but I was incredibly over leveled and had I gotten surrounded like that I could have easily escaped or killed everything)

Stuff like this keeps most hardcore players out of the game. Desync, cheap stuff, bugs that wipe a weeks of work.

Getting killed in HC due to good mechanics, its a rewarding feeling even if it sucks.

This league ive had 3 characters rip. One was legit. I opened a rare strongbox without ID'ing it...it had freeze and a nasty exile. I went down. That felt rewarding, I could avoid it, and have, by idling them and avoiding ones I know will kill me (despite ive opened similar boxes and "prepared" for it and lived)

Getting one shot after taking what im sure was for the OP painstaking effort to build a tanky character JUST TO NOT BE ONE SHOT...then getting one shot by a lowly blue mob...that's horrible.

At least with this kinda stuff they will fix it...desync however...yeah yeah...its avoidable and not a huge deal so long as you allow it to rule how you play, what you play, and everything you do in game...awesome...lets negate tons of potential builds and playstyles in a game build for unique gameplay and builds...

Sorry for the rant. Looking forward to Friday. some will get that.
just for try, for see and for know
Last edited by CapitalPunishment on Aug 29, 2014, 1:25:08 AM
RIP
And thank you for reporting this. I'm really glad now I do single target damage mostly.

If everyone did as Hodari suggest - how would we get any information after a patch? So actually his suggestion is not really worth anything.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I play only in Beyond, and I am so fucking sorry for your loss. RIP mate.
Thank you for warning us about the dangerous new beyond mobs. I think I will try to summon them in a low level area to check their skills then fight them in Merciless.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Lul I'm pretty sure beyond league is ggg taking the "you will die" mantra to a extra dimension.

My only real problem with the new mobs is that they seem to spawn like 3/4th of the time or more.
"
inDef wrote:
"
XvXReaperXvX wrote:
"
inDef wrote:
Downloaded patch 1.2.1.

Logged in.

Went to Merciless docks.

Spawned some Beyond mobs to test the new variations.

GOT FUCKING ONE SHOT by a 2 stack of storm call.

4200 HP, 76% lightning resistance. Thanks guys. Enjoy one less supporter of your game.

That sucks.. sorry for ya lose.

Also,

[removed by support]

Yeah I am fucking livid. These new beyond monsters MUST be bugged.

You're telling me that a level 60 beyond mob from docks can ONE SHOT you with capped lightning resistance and 4200 health.

I would appreciate if someone from GGG couple please contact me immediately about this bug and having my character restored.

A. Welcome to Path of Exile

B. They never restore chars
Im not doubting that you got nuked and hard but I think theres more to it you probably got shock stacked in the first hit or 2 and nuked by 3-5 at almost the same time. Some of the humanoid beyond bros cast storm call now and if you get 3 of those its crazy. I got hit by 3 stormcalls in a row in a 66 tropical island map and lived I have 3500hp and 75 light res I dipped to about 25% I was lucky enough to not get shock stacked.

Im sorry that you ripped :(
If you mean the archers, they were in Beyond since the beginning and they do hit hard.
I have 83% colres and 3hits can do 2k dmg easily. If this is not from the archer but from a new mob, plz elaborate so i can avoid it.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Sorry for your loss

I don't want to be a dick. But if you have a Video why not posting it? i'm always sceptic about those report after patches because 90% of the times they're just plain false.

"
GodKas wrote:
next time make block or dodge toon

how about you stay out of hc theads when you have no fucking idea at all ?

@ op thx for being the labrat i wait for the patchnotes which will fix this
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 29, 2014, 6:17:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info