The new 1.2.1 Beyond mobs are bugged/over-tuned

"
ventiman wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
next time make block or dodge toon

how about you stay out of hc theads when you have no fucking idea at all ?

@ op thx for beeing the labrat i wait for the patchnotes which will fix this

You mean these?

"
Chris wrote:
We'll shortly be deploying a hotfix that further tweaks some balance values of Beyond Demons, substantially reduces loading lag that occurs when Beyond demons spawn and fixes a few other small problems that wouldn't normally get patch notes. This update doesn't require a restart, but next time you run your client it'll patch in a small amount of data related to the Beyond preloading.

The hotfix should be deployed within an hour of this post. I'm posting this in advance because I won't personally be in the office at the time the guys deploy it.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
melee evasion char here, nearly 3k health (lvl 65 atm) with chance to block spells 30% and chance to dodge spells 30%, my hp droped in a half of a second to 10%, logged instantly out and saved the character. it seems i should stop play with melee in beyond, thats just suicide atm.

and btw its rly funny because after the beyond aura nerf so many fools cried about "beyond league is not more challenging now and so boring QQ"
Last edited by naughty on Aug 29, 2014, 5:19:54 AM
"
naughty wrote:
melee evasion char here, nearly 3k health (lvl 65 atm) with chance to block spells 30% and chance to dodge spells 30%, my hp droped in a half of a second to 10%, logged instantly out and saved the character. it seems i should stop play with melee in beyond, thats just suicide atm.

and btw its rly funny because after the beyond aura nerf so many fools cried about "beyond league is not more challenging now and so boring QQ"

those are the guys spamming dualtotem, tornadoshot or srs hiding at the edge of the screen the melee haste guy got replaced with meleephysicalaura and powerful crit yeah not challenging at all *rolleyes*
of course if you hide like a little pussy haste/degen is a much bigger problem for you
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 29, 2014, 5:30:53 AM
"
naughty wrote:

Its pretty freaking annoying tbh. I'm running cleave, a real melee skill, and its just irritating how much I have to attempt to move to dodge all their stupid AoE crap, to which half the time I still get clipped by it, because our best gem, Multistrike, locks us into a 3 attack animation.

Ranged dont have near the problem with these mobs because they can just move a small bit, spam more spells, and voila.

As melee, I have this shit all over hte ground, getting tagged with melee hits, trying to dodge this crap which I cant or barely can thanks to lag and multistrike animation, dealing with degen, you name it.

Just sucks. You know, they were slightly weak, but now they are over-tuned again and annoying and I do everything I can to avoid summoning them. Maybe if they were worth the effort, maybe dropped better, for being mini-raid bosses, I wouldnt care. But as a melee player its incredibly annoying kiting these things all voer the map, barely getting damage in unless I just man up and try to face tank them, or land 1 pissy ass multistrike attack with does piss all damage because lol melee.

Yea I'm annoyed. Why GGG insists on putting mobs in that spam stormcall or other various aoe abilities and just cockblock melee champs who basically rely on multistrike to do dmg, which locks them right into that aoe circle, is dumb.
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
naughty wrote:

Its pretty freaking annoying tbh. I'm running cleave, a real melee skill, and its just irritating how much I have to attempt to move to dodge all their stupid AoE crap, to which half the time I still get clipped by it, because our best gem, Multistrike, locks us into a 3 attack animation.

Ranged dont have near the problem with these mobs because they can just move a small bit, spam more spells, and voila.

As melee, I have this shit all over hte ground, getting tagged with melee hits, trying to dodge this crap which I cant or barely can thanks to lag and multistrike animation, dealing with degen, you name it.

Just sucks. You know, they were slightly weak, but now they are over-tuned again and annoying and I do everything I can to avoid summoning them. Maybe if they were worth the effort, maybe dropped better, for being mini-raid bosses, I wouldnt care. But as a melee player its incredibly annoying kiting these things all voer the map, barely getting damage in unless I just man up and try to face tank them, or land 1 pissy ass multistrike attack with does piss all damage because lol melee.

Yea I'm annoyed. Why GGG insists on putting mobs in that spam stormcall or other various aoe abilities and just cockblock melee champs who basically rely on multistrike to do dmg, which locks them right into that aoe circle, is dumb.

same here mate, im using cleave + multistrike. GGG never had some love for melee builds, but with those new beyond f*ckers its just sadism.
time to roll a caster witch like everyone else i guess zZzZZzzzZZZzZz...
"
A. Welcome to Path of Exile

B. They never restore chars

C. Except when they do

(carrion queen bug)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I bit the dust too to these. Had a Pillar build with iron will autocast firestorm. Just finished clearing a pack in docks, when suddenly, I got 2 shotted by that strange storm call. I guess all those we died to this BS want our characters back, but, not sure of GGG will do it.
Last edited by Wulfstan11 on Aug 29, 2014, 6:30:59 AM
Isn't the overtune thing supposed to be already hotfixed now ?
IGN : @Morgoth
I guess the hotfix took care of it, but we can't know given how vague the description was.

Maybe one will have to venture out there again to see if things have changed.
I just wish they'd finally buff their loot, or make them easier to kill (not easier in general)

I literally cringe every time i make them spawn, there is zero incentive to actually kill them.

The only reason im in this league is because normal hardcore is a fucking ghosttown.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info