The new 1.2.1 Beyond mobs are bugged/over-tuned

"
"
Eternallight wrote:
The real problem is that GGG, and PoE being a free game, can not support a test team to beta every single patch.

The players are the beta effectively.

<3 brave souls

Indeed! Here here!

On the other hand, GGG does need to learn about the proper way to make adjustments.
That is to say, not tiny adjustments patch after patch, but large steps and then hopping back if it was too enough. It is far more effective. Though imo, id start off with new things being too weak, then hoping forward and if "oops op" then hopping back to about the half way point and then waiting to find out if "just right" "too op" or still "lolweak" and then hop half way between A-B or B-C or stay at B if it works just right.

Its a great adjustment method.

And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
In this thread:

Dude gets shock stacked on a chain storm call and RIPs > proceed to blaming GGG for breaking the game because he couldn't face tank a stacking attack of potentially highest damage type spell(lightning damage highest top end damage) in the game.

This mob spawned with double haste or you deserved to die. Either ways, nothing to see here.
"
Eternallight wrote:
The real problem is that GGG, and PoE being a free game, can not support a test team to beta every single patch.

The players are the beta effectively.

This is what I feel like just happened.

The mobs are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over-tuned.

This reminds me of a patch awhile back where the big bugs that spawn little exploding bugs in Act 3 were 1-shotting people for no reason.

There's tons of people right now complaining in standard global chat that they just got 1 shot by this new storm call beyond mob.
Sounds like you got your ass handed to you
"
Clocksimus wrote:
In this thread:

Dude gets shock stacked on a chain storm call and RIPs > proceed to blaming GGG for breaking the game because he couldn't face tank a stacking attack of potentially highest damage type spell(lightning damage highest top end damage) in the game.

This mob spawned with double haste or you deserved to die. Either ways, nothing to see here.

I recorded it. I had no shock.

It was 2 total storm call circles.

I was running around while my totems killed the mobs. I was at 100% HP and in 1 frame my HP was 0.
If it makes you feel better, i get one shotted by reflect every day because evasion + physical damage dealer is a rough trip.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
"
inDef wrote:
"
XvXReaperXvX wrote:
"
inDef wrote:
Downloaded patch 1.2.1.

Logged in.

Went to Merciless docks.

Spawned some Beyond mobs to test the new variations.

GOT FUCKING ONE SHOT by a 2 stack of storm call.

4200 HP, 76% lightning resistance. Thanks guys. Enjoy one less supporter of your game.

That sucks.. sorry for ya lose.

Also,

You mad bro?

Yeah I am fucking livid. These new beyond monsters MUST be bugged.

You're telling me that a level 60 beyond mob from docks can ONE SHOT you with capped lightning resistance and 4200 health.

I would appreciate if someone from GGG couple please contact me immediately about this bug and having my character restored.

Seems normal to me for a game that is balanced, even in normal, around you always having more than max resists and all perfectly rolled gear.

They upped all the elemental damage and lowered all the resists from the tree, screwing the normal players, so that the people that run around with perm resist pots will actually take damage now. The same thing happened with HPs.
Can you please upload the video along with your skill tree and gear so we can properly anaylze the situation?

By the way

So in no way shape or form are they going to give you back your chara :(
Last edited by chillchillchill on Aug 28, 2014, 10:12:12 PM
Cast in the name of god
Ye GUILTY!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
inDef wrote:
"
Clocksimus wrote:
In this thread:

I recorded it. I had no shock.

It was 2 total storm call circles.

I was running around while my totems killed the mobs. I was at 100% HP and in 1 frame my HP was 0.

VoD please and thank you. Not calling you a liar, but a lot of "one shot" calls are just people begging for attention.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info