The new 1.2.1 Beyond mobs are bugged/over-tuned

"
inDef wrote:
Like what has been said, they cast 8-10 storm calls before they let it go...and I had 2 of the mobs. I bet I de-synced and got hit by a ton of them.

Wouldn't be surprising. I was thinking that on the OP. "You sure it was just one? They may have stacked them right on top of each other, or maybe desynch only made you think you had run. Then the client would show target circles following your location but really they all stacked up server-side on top of you in one spot."

Same problem I frequently have with devourers. "Shit, devourers, gotta manually dodge!" -- desynch RIP.
pohx ripped on that lightning mob too.

no coincidence.
"
Eternallight wrote:

I do so love some Doctor.

10 was still better though!

Tough call really. I still liked 11 the most, but for pure acting ability, yeah 10 was definitely the best(at least in the revived series...can't really comment on the originals).

And Charan, I never said their point WASN'T valid. If anything, I agreed that GGG DOES have a history of releasing bugged or overtuned content like this. But knowing that, if someone's going to play hardcore, especially RIGHT after a patch like this, they do have to be aware that this is the risk they are taking. Not saying that it's right, just that this is the way it is.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:

I do so love some Doctor.

10 was still better though!

Tough call really. I still liked 11 the most, but for pure acting ability, yeah 10 was definitely the best(at least in the revived series...can't really comment on the originals).

And Charan, I never said their point WASN'T valid. If anything, I agreed that GGG DOES have a history of releasing bugged or overtuned content like this. But knowing that, if someone's going to play hardcore, especially RIGHT after a patch like this, they do have to be aware that this is the risk they are taking. Not saying that it's right, just that this is the way it is.

I am interested to see how 12 will be. I do agree 11's episodes were better even though 10 is by far the best (actor and personality of the doctor).

I have high hopes though for Peter!
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
"
danteafk wrote:
pohx ripped on that lightning mob too.

no coincidence.

No, he didn't. He ripped to Ice Nova strongbox.
"
I mean, it's a free game. They offer no support whatsoever unless it deals with MTX. Otherwise, you're on your own with everything.

I wish people would cut out this lame excuse of "it is free, so everything that is deliberately poorly designed is fine". Free does not mean something has to inevitably be of shitty or low quality, and the game actually is, mostly at least, proof of that.

Also, GGG do help with far more things than just MTX. Every time I had any issue or concern, even if unrelated to MTX, they provided help (such as swapping character names).
"
Mivo wrote:
"
I mean, it's a free game. They offer no support whatsoever unless it deals with MTX. Otherwise, you're on your own with everything.

I wish people would cut out this lame excuse of "it is free, so everything that is deliberately poorly designed is fine". Free does not mean something has to inevitably be of shitty or low quality, and the game actually is, mostly at least, proof of that.

Also, GGG do help with far more things than just MTX. Every time I had any issue or concern, even if unrelated to MTX, they provided help (such as swapping character names).

I think the honest problem is their small staff.
They want to use the funds they have gathered to keep the game running for a VERY long time rather than expecting constant funds and growing their staff.

While I dont agree with the approach, its a safe approach none the less.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
Also just ripped to these guys. Had a lvl 81, 5180 HP 60% spell block, with phase acrobatics and I got insta gibbed by 3 of these casting around the corner while meleeing the yellow named.....

Seems GGG never wants anyone to play melee. Oh well, live and learn :(
"
inDef wrote:
Downloaded patch 1.2.1.

Logged in.

Went to Merciless docks.

Spawned some Beyond mobs to test the new variations.

GOT FUCKING ONE SHOT by a 2 stack of storm call.

4200 HP, 76% lightning resistance. Thanks guys. Enjoy one less supporter of your game.

Folks on game forums whine endlessly about "balance", but GGG really doesn't know how to do it, and they need to learn, ASAP.

Why are shit mobs that spawn randomly when clearing trash more difficult than Act bosses?

Does anyone actually test this stuff?
"
emilyek_1 wrote:
Why are shit mobs that spawn randomly when clearing trash more difficult than Act bosses?

I've been playing with a friend, both doing summoner builds. Between us, we have about 14 zombies, 5 spectres, and 18 skeletons, plus a fluctuating number of Raging Spirits. We both have Vaal Summon Skeleton to boot.

Each zombie has about 2000 life, each skeleton about 750, both having about 50+ in all resistances.

We just killed Cruel Vaal Oversoul with no difficulty. No zombies died and the whole fight was over before the boss did his second burrow.

The patch comes around, we're fooling around in cruel act 3, in the marketplace. Beyond mob spawns and within 3 seconds, 90% of all our minions are dead. We wondered what happened and tried again, summoning everything and re-engaging. Same thing happened. We didn't use Vaal Skeletons at either event though, if I recall correctly. I don't think it would have mattered.

At this point I'm wondering if it's intentional for magic beyond mobs to be many, many times more dangerous than an act boss.

And I still do. Let's hope for a fix.
Last edited by Khargan on Aug 28, 2014, 11:26:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info