PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

The new 1.2.1 Beyond mobs are bugged/over-tuned

"
Eternallight wrote:
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:

I do so love some Doctor.

10 was still better though!

Tough call really. I still liked 11 the most, but for pure acting ability, yeah 10 was definitely the best(at least in the revived series...can't really comment on the originals).

And Charan, I never said their point WASN'T valid. If anything, I agreed that GGG DOES have a history of releasing bugged or overtuned content like this. But knowing that, if someone's going to play hardcore, especially RIGHT after a patch like this, they do have to be aware that this is the risk they are taking. Not saying that it's right, just that this is the way it is.

I am interested to see how 12 will be. I do agree 11's episodes were better even though 10 is by far the best (actor and personality of the doctor).

I have high hopes though for Peter!

IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
Gnomestapo wrote:
Also just ripped to these guys. Had a lvl 81, 5180 HP 60% spell block, with phase acrobatics and I got insta gibbed by 3 of these casting around the corner while meleeing the yellow named.....

Seems GGG never wants anyone to play melee. Oh well, live and learn :(

How are you supposed to survive these things? I didn't even have spell block.
"
inDef wrote:
"
Gnomestapo wrote:
Also just ripped to these guys. Had a lvl 81, 5180 HP 60% spell block, with phase acrobatics and I got insta gibbed by 3 of these casting around the corner while meleeing the yellow named.....

Seems GGG never wants anyone to play melee. Oh well, live and learn :(

How are you supposed to survive these things? I didn't even have spell block.

75% spell block + tempest shield!
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
Reminds me of when Carrion Queens had bugged damage.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Khargan wrote:
"
emilyek_1 wrote:
Why are shit mobs that spawn randomly when clearing trash more difficult than Act bosses?

I've been playing with a friend, both doing summoner builds. Between us, we have about 14 zombies, 5 spectres, and 18 skeletons, plus a fluctuating number of Raging Spirits. We both have Vaal Summon Skeleton to boot.

Each zombie has about 2000 life, each skeleton about 750, both having about 50+ in all resistances.

We just killed Cruel Vaal Oversoul with no difficulty. No zombies died and the whole fight was over before the boss did his second burrow.

The patch comes around, we're fooling around in cruel act 3, in the marketplace. Beyond mob spawns and within 3 seconds, 90% of all our minions are dead. We wondered what happened and tried again, summoning everything and re-engaging. Same thing happened. We didn't use Vaal Skeletons at either event though, if I recall correctly. I don't think it would have mattered.

At this point I'm wondering if it's intentional for magic beyond mobs to be many, many times more dangerous than an act boss.

And I still do. Let's hope for a fix.

Something is definitely wrong. These new blue mobs are way harder than most of the unique beyond bosses.
"

Ah yes! I kept forgetting their name. I've been using that as an example for this...it feels identical.

GGG restored characters for that bug. Let's hope they restore characters for this horrible bug/balance issue also.
Add another to the list of those one shot by this new lightning.

Really disappointing but my own fault for playing on a patch day I guess.
"
inDef wrote:
"

Ah yes! I kept forgetting their name. I've been using that as an example for this...it feels identical.

GGG restored characters for that bug. Let's hope they restore characters for this horrible bug/balance issue also.

Wouldn't count on it, I know I am not. They have said they don't like replacing characters under any circumstances, they didn't even replace chars that died during DDOS. We just either A need to choose not to play hardcore or POE, or B accept that changes come to this game that are unbalanced and deal with it.

I'm going to sack up and figure out a new char, but to each their own.

(Note that new char wont be melee)
"
Gnomestapo wrote:
"
inDef wrote:
"

Wouldn't count on it, I know I am not. They have said they don't like replacing characters under any circumstances, they didn't even replace chars that died during DDOS. We just either A need to choose not to play hardcore or POE, or B accept that changes come to this game that are unbalanced and deal with it.

I'm going to sack up and figure out a new char, but to each their own.

(Note that new char wont be melee)

Oh I'm certainly not counting on it either.

I'm trying to figure out a build right now that is solely based around surviving all flavors of the beyond mobs...until they add more game-breaking ones.
"
inDef wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a build right now that is solely based around surviving all flavors of the beyond mobs...until they add more game-breaking ones.

This was my attitude for Invasion. Then I realized there wassn't an elegant solution GGG had in mind all along if only people would look and work for it. The reality is that they don't really have the big-picture perspective of the gameworld they should and it makes them look, perhaps rightly, as if they don't know what the fuck they are doing. And this is perhaps ultimately the difference between GGG and a first-tier developer of games with large skillsets and complex mechanics.

There is no Oh! That's where all this was headed! moment like you can experience in other games, that give you confidence the people who made the game knew what they were about all along. I love the variety and the skill tree of POE, and the game generally, but the uncertainty never resolves into that feeling. It's chaos. That's part of why it is addictive-- because you think it can be beat. But it's also the source of a lot of frustration by virtue of shitty, cheap, gimmicky-death gameplay that strikes one as very junior varsity.
Last edited by emilyek_1 on Aug 29, 2014, 1:04:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info