Why don't YOU play HC?

My PC likes to crash occasionally. Not often enough to be a real hindrance, and only when playing games, but often enough that I know I will RIP long before I start hitting "end game."

So I prefer to play softcore, to limit myself to being annoyed instead of enraged when it crashes.

One of these days I'll build a new PC and I'll feel more comfortable playing HC.
My reason:

Scion summoner:

Boss monster packs 1-5: cakewalks, with mints and cherries on top.
Boss pack 6: killed her 7 times.
Boss pack 7 to 19: cakewalks
Boss pack 20: Killed her in 0.5 seconds, several times.

Piety: Cakewalk
Grievous: Cakewalk
Random bandit in the forest: Had to leave and come back later

Trap spellcaster monster before Dominus: had to off-screen snipe him.
Dominus: cakewalk in comparison to the 360 degree spread lightning traps constantly spammed on the floor below.

Melee or archer monsters: always a cakewalk.
Monsters with any area of effect: Kills all my summons in one or two hits.

Last edited by Red_Frostraven on Aug 28, 2014, 1:29:31 PM
In my opinion too many random OP things + not the patience and time to start over because of another bulls*** random death or desync.
Last edited by Lye51 on Aug 28, 2014, 3:23:41 PM
Because I can't play like a jackass and leap slam/warp into rooms without thinking of the consequences

also desync
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
I don't play HC because I just died. I was fairly confident I was going to, though, since I was fighting all of the Beyond bosses on Mao Kun. At least I finished the Fairgraves challenge first.

Will I go back? I don't know. The bosses are cool and I'd like to keep fighting them, but there's so much stuff in the game that kills you if you actually try to play against it. I like doing things that have a reasonable chance of failure. I don't like having to throw my character in the garbage* when that failure finally hits (and it will). I really don't like throwing about 12 exalts in gear in the garbage, either. I super really don't like having to re-level the exact same character and buy the exact same gear if I want to play keep playing him. That's terrible.

I just can't log out whenever I see something scary or skip content that's difficult. It really sucks that the best of the challenging content is always in HC leagues, where you're highly motivated to skip it entirely until you're so powerful that it's no longer a challenge. Fighting Abaxoth on Mao Kun was fun. I can't pass up fun like that, even if I know it has about a 95% chance of junking my character.

Why can't we have a non-HC league with the cool content that HC leagues get?

* I'm not saying that standard is a garbage league. My character is just thrown in the garbage from the perspective of the HC league.
"
Jennik wrote:
Why can't we have a non-HC league with the cool content that HC leagues get?

What cool content do you mean? All others I talk to, have the (for them frustrating) opinion that "all the cool stuff is always in the (temporary) softcore leagues, and 'they' only get boring crap" ;)
And I, from an SC view, also prefered setups like ambush over invasion and similar. :D
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
To elaborate my last post:

In softcore, you don't really care about protection when you go out into action, because getting hurt isn't going to kill you nor your softcore career.
Not getting protection CAN get you screwed over in some cases, and then you have to fetch protection.

In hardcore, you MUST have pretty damn good protection when you encounter elemental bosses like Merveil, because she'll screw you over pretty badly with all her nasty colorful toys. With all those dirty, salty, giant beams going up your butt all the time, you're going to die unless you can resist the pressure -- at least when you're going up close and personal in the second act of the fight, and get raped by those filthy tentacle monsters from all directions.
because it's to scrubcore for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
well i was playin HC until yesterday, now i quit the game and this time forever, why???? maybe you want to ask.....

easy----> 4.5k life + full resis + nice geared.

i was walking inside of one map lvl 71 (me was lvl 82) whit 4 more people,then i see a pummmmmmmmmb!!!!! you died. while was full life. one shoot me whit 4.5k life (can you believe that!!!).

a game whit Hardcore than can kill you one shoot whit that huge amount of life + full resis + nice geared = no Hardcore game it's a bad game balanced.

and softcore it's just.... mehhhh... bored.
they nerf a lot of things and all you can see it's build of ST / totem / summons / it's a bit bored whit a lot of gems only can play 3-4 diferent build (and whit builds i mean spells not passive tree) because the other gems are just useless

but well i played a lot the game and it's nice,but no sry,
a 100% luck Hardcore to survive = bad game (at least not balanced)

my recommendation it's never touch the hardcore of this game until they balanced the damage of monsters and can't kill you whit 1 hit of 4.500 life.
I dont have that much time to keep replaying a new character everytime i die.

I dont find it all that thrilling as death due to desync is bullshit, it is nt a true test of skill and your build when you cant even accurately know whr u are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info