Why don't YOU play HC?

1) Because desync
2) Because Macros, Hacks, other cheats
3) Skipping all the content: Invaders, Beyond Mobs, Dominus, Exiles
4) Waisting wisdom scrolls on strongboxes
5) Because soloing is so much more fun the getting carried by a party of FOTM builds
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
"
StormHunter wrote:
1) Because desync
2) Because Macros, Hacks, other cheats
3) Skipping all the content: Invaders, Beyond Mobs, Dominus, Exiles
4) Waisting wisdom scrolls on strongboxes
5) Because soloing is so much more fun the getting carried by a party of FOTM builds

As a HC challenge league only player, I have to say this thread makes me sad. I donno, I hope nobody takes this as an insult in any way because it’s not meant to be. But I can’t help but feeling like it’s not even the same game when comparing HC and SC.

Constant fear of character death IMO is what makes them actually feel "alive"... Sure a good SC player can’t afford to die at high levels either, but if they do you still don’t even lose a level, where HC you lose all your time, all your gear and probably can’t join your guildies/friends anymore for a while - like when you die in a map and they keep moving on. Character death can be very traumatic, but that very pressure can bring out best in you as well.

This is what I see on thoes points:

1- I have lost 1 HC char to a desync in the last year (out of about 20 or so lvl 60+ builds) - I will admit to several close calls because of it though.
2- Don’t know anyone who uses hacks or cheats, and if some people do why not in SC leagues?
3- Had to skip a few invaders last season, but for the most part I kill everything almost always.
4- What? Wasting wisdom scrolls? so you just don’t care about death at all then? I thought SC chars are afraid of XP loss. Besides, after second day of new ladder I had several extra stacks of wisdom scrolls.
5- I solo often too, and never get "carried" in any way shape or form. But I'm sure nobody gets carried in SC right? - Besides in HC if you NEED to be carried, your gonna die soon anyway, might as well just retire that character, reroll and keep your gear.
Because HC is boring.
IGN: Ziggro
I'll humor OP with one response but suspect it will be refuted/trivialised like the rest...

Starting over: I have absolutely no desire to grind a character back to where it was whilst trying to find equivalent gear. It's hard enough to find good gear the first time.

p.s. anyone starting a thread "I'm not here to bash SC players"... is probably here to bash SC players. bah humbug.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Because the game does not work and GGG's priorities are elsewhere so this doesn't seem likely to change.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
"
bhavv wrote:
1) Because desync
2) Worst community of players ever
3) Flipping flippers galore!
4) Why would I want to lose my character and gear if I die?
5) Because not dying isn't thrilling.

well Ive had the exact opposite experience.

You truly can learn to play around desync. You are just bad if you cant manage.

SC has far worse community imo. Majority of scams I hear about from friends/forums are in standard or the equivalent temp league.

Chat in standard is walmart girl's, and the likes, post almost every other post. (although with how popular beoyond has been, trade chat there has become pretty bad too)

no comment on 4/5.

LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
1 the witch death scream
2 the scion death scream
3 the ranger death scream
4 cast on death
5 calling customers/coworkers
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
1) Non-sequitur.
x) Non-sequitur.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Sep 24, 2014, 7:57:32 PM
I did play hc this leagues like i did in invasion too, but i just cant deal with the fact that people take hc serious in this game wich is desyncing lagfest and players get only oneshotted by stuff,that is intended to oneshot them like ice nova strongboxes or vaal smash, you dont see the death coming, you cant react to it and if you die its not your fault, if you would get into a situation where you know you have to react or you die, hc players jsut use their alt+f4 macro then, or the flask bot, and because of this Bullshit im not playing hc in poe or dont care about any kind of competition in this not copetitive game

so hc players: stop saying your competitive, if you would like competition you would play dota or starcraft or something and not poe

Spoiler
my beyond char commited suicide after i farmed enough currency to buy theese items in beyond because its boring, talamawanga motherfucker
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Last edited by StormHunter on Sep 24, 2014, 8:48:03 PM
I play softcore now because my internet connection has around a 99.95-99.98% uptime, with unpredictable 1 minute interruptions happening at least a couple of times a week.

I've only lost one character in hardcore that way (and it was at low levels, might have been act 2 normal) but it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I migrated mostly to scrubcore.

I've also lost one character to desync (act 3 cruel), but I didn't mind that as desync is something I usually take effort to avoid, and I wasn't taking those precautions at the time.

If my internet connection was better, I'd play hardcore primarily.
Le Toucan Will Return

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info