Daggers.. #1 in dps... #1 in crit... #1 in passive tree... am I missing something?

Economy makes always sense, Items are being valued depending on supply/demand ratio, not crafting costs or level of rarity. Of course crafting is part of the supply in new leagues.

Look new kaoms chest. Its gonna drop probably to smth like 10 ex as it is kind of bad now compared to a usual chest with the changes on life.
Last edited by LSN on Aug 28, 2014, 1:19:00 PM
"
LSN wrote:
Economy makes always sense, Items are being valued in matter of demands, not crafting costs or level of rarity.

However, you do admit that daggers cost 5x as much to craft as RT weapons? Just look at basic PoE crafting principles and check how many mods the hybrid weapons have since they must also roll spell mods.

Those items should NEVER NEVER BE TREATED AS THE SAME TIER.

The fact that mirror daggers are priced almost the same as mirror swords when the cost is exponentially greater destroys all economic principles and any hope of balance.

This is my basic point that all of you seem to miss whilst running around like headless chickens rushing for ideas. You can't do anything, and you're wasting your time trying.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 28, 2014, 1:28:29 PM
Lets agree on that a 200 dps dagger is ~as good as a 300 dps other 1h weapon.

Then of course the highest daggers should not go up to 600 dps but to 400 dps. This is what I am arguing for and strictly speaking this is the whole picture when talking about balance.
Last edited by LSN on Aug 28, 2014, 1:29:42 PM
"
LSN wrote:
Lets agree on that a 200 dps dagger is ~as good as a 300 dps other 1h weapon.

Then of course the highest daggers should not go up to 600 dps but to 400 dps. This is what I am arguing for and strictly speaking this is the whole picture.

Essentially yes, however I disagree on the approach. I think the highest crit multi should be limited to around ~350% instead of 600%+, for attack builds who typically cap crit, it's essentially the same thing.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 28, 2014, 1:31:16 PM
When you count crafting costs in, you can strain this picture to 450 vs 600 dps but not to 600 vs 600 dps. But this is what is happening. Therefore it is imbalanced.

The crafting of a 200 dps dagger is equally expensive as the crafting of a 300 dps sword (~). The same goes for 400 vs 600. But 600 v 900 doesnt actually exist (the 900). Therefore it is imbalanced and needs to get fixed.

Rather than keeping things as they are for the sake of crafting costs, I would stain the picture from 600 vs 600 (now state) into a 400 vs 600 that is strained towards 450 vs 600 in the favour of daggers and I thin this is the way to go.
Last edited by LSN on Aug 28, 2014, 1:34:10 PM
"
LSN wrote:
When you count crafting costs in, you can strain this picture to 450 vs 600 dps but not to 600 vs 600 dps. But this is what is happening. Therefore it is imbalanced.

The crafting of a 200 dps dagger is equally expensive as the crafting of a 300 dps sword (~). The same goes for 400 vs 600. But 600 v 900 doesnt actually exist (the 900). Therefore it is imbalanced and needs to get fixed.

Nerf the base and that 200 dps dagger goes to 130 and is nothing compared to 300.

And it's still not dealing with elemental so the solution is inelegant.

Crit multi nerf is the way to go.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 28, 2014, 1:40:25 PM
This brings us back to the scaling of crit that favours lvl 100 builds over lvl 65 new league builds with low equipment.

Anyway smth must be done about it. I would rather see daggers being weaker in early and midgame as them being as op as they are in endgame.

Remember daggers are one kind amongst 10+ melee weapons. Only for the sake of this one all the other 9 should not be left behind. But this is what happening right now and what you base your argument on.
Last edited by LSN on Aug 28, 2014, 1:41:40 PM
"
LSN wrote:
This brings us back to the scaling of crit that favours lvl 100 builds over lvl 65 new league builds with low equipment.

Anyway smth must be done about it. I would rather see daggers being weaker in early and midgame as them being as op as they are in endgame.

Remember daggers are one kind amongst 10+ melee weapons. Only for the sake of this one all the other 9 should not be left behind. But this is what happening right now and what you base your argument on.

Just nerf multi - only targets crit bases.

And what are you talking about when you say dagger early and midgame? Try play dagger when you have 15% crit from one crit wheel, they only work endgame.

Not sure what you think I base my argument around, I base it around my experience of this game as a whole and try to present it as an unbiased argument that is best for the whole game.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 28, 2014, 1:43:07 PM
I leveled a crit dagger scion in ambush to 85. I was considered op by my playmates starting at around level 60-65 compared to what they were able to achieve with their similar gear.

It was in the very begining. I had a 220 dps dagger (similar to that one last posted in here) and was alot stronger than my friend with his 450 dps 2hand weapon (at 3rd/4th day of league or smth).
Last edited by LSN on Aug 28, 2014, 1:45:52 PM
"
LSN wrote:
I leveled a crit dagger scion in ambush to 85. I was considered op by my playmates starting at around level 60-65 compared to what they were able to achieve with their similar gear.

It was in the very begining. I had a 220 dps dagger (similar to that one last posted in here) and was alot stronger than my friend with his 450 dps 2hand weapon (at 3rd/4th day of league or smth).

Yes sure, but that is endgame.

I was very seriously confused when you said "you can pick them up earlygame and drop them, lalalalaa you didn't answer lalalala" - you definitely cannot use them properly before 50-60.

I would never drop something when you can only start at 50-60, please revise your definitions - that's a build you drop something else to get up to.

220 dps dagger as you know is a heck of a lot more expensive than 450 pdps 2h.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 28, 2014, 1:51:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info