Daggers.. #1 in dps... #1 in crit... #1 in passive tree... am I missing something?

"
LSN wrote:

Yes 28k, 50k and even 70k is useless compared to 420k.

I wasn't aware you got extra points for doing more than one-shot, do you get free Shavs as well when you do 10x their HP in damage?
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 28, 2014, 12:34:50 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
LSN wrote:

Yes 28k, 50k and even 70k is useless compared to 420k.

I wasn't aware you got extra points for doing more than one-shot, do you get free Shavs as well when you do 10x their HP in health?

In group play you wont one shot anything with 28k nor with 70k. 420k almost does this job.

Now stop derailing this thread.

Last edited by LSN on Aug 28, 2014, 12:37:33 PM
"
LSN wrote:

In group play you wont one shot anything with 28k nor with 70k. 420k almost does this job.

Wasn't aware you had to one-shot everything in 6 man parties, there are 5 other fucking people to do damage.

"
LSN wrote:
Now stop derailing this thread.

So only one-sided arguments calling for daggers to be nerf hammered are allowed on this thread?

Kk guys, nice argument. Nice debate. +1
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 28, 2014, 12:37:40 PM
"
LSN wrote:
It is kind of not important what random crafting costs you throw in here. Crafting is rng based and prices (e.g. those of carrion bite) don't relate with crafting costs of the actual item but with the current market value of the item.

As there are 2-3 other swords out there, anyway everything is about daggers in this game and ventor got his crafting costs back with mirror fees long time ago, he might just want to sell it way below crafting costs just to get rid of it (this is the whole picture that you are talking of).

Daggers are more difficult to craft but the increased crit chance and all the benefits that come with it outweigh it several times. They don't need to be as much overpowered as they are in order to stay on top of the food chain.

What you are defending is a endgame that is right now solely built around those weapons that give the highest crit scaling (as you have mentioned yourself) which are daggers and wands and everything else is left behind.

I want a game where 2h and other 1h weapons can get similar results. The damage that daggers provide is way off. It is way too strong for the existing content in the game. The game content is not balanced around daggers, but these overpowered daggers exist. Therefore they need to get nerfed instead of others being buffed. This doesnt mean daggers should get weaker than all the above mentioned.

Therefore I suggested physical base dps (achieved with a bit of attack speed nerfing and some physical damage nerfing) for ambushers. As you mentioned yourself this wont have the huge effect it looks like as daggers are about crit chance scaling and aura damage as well. So I don't understand your problem.

I suggest a slight nerf and you respond that it wont have any effect. Then you say it should not get nerfed at all because its more expensive to craft. I don't know for what reason you are here but obviously not for the reaons you admit.

Now I guess I got the whole picture quite well, which you don't.

Read this again, all your questions have been answered there.

Your arguments are one sided as you seem to not understand how much off daggers are compared to other weapons. This is neither justified by higher crafting costs nor other niche builds that get similar results with abusing certain mechanics as your buzzsaw build.

You and your argumentation render all charackter starting points that have bad access to dagger useless compared to those who have.

The whole picture you are talking of is:
Marauder = noob charackter cause no dagger access
duelist = same
templar = similar but something can be arranged
witch = wand, better
ranger = close to dagger, good
shadow = almost perfect, if there was no scion
scion = perfect

Last edited by LSN on Aug 28, 2014, 12:44:00 PM
"
LSN wrote:
Read this again, all your questions have been answered there.

I don't remember asking any questions.

Feel free to suggest, if you come up with something good - I will genuinely pat you on the back and congratulate you.

As of yet, all I've seen here is nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf, which is a bit boring - GGG doesn't need your help to reduce the values.
"
LSN wrote:
This is neither justified by higher crafting costs nor other niche builds that get similar results with abusing certain mechanics as your buzzsaw build.

huehuehehuehehuehuehuehue

You clearly have no clue how balance works in this game.

See: Acuities, Shavronnes, Crown of Eyes...

"Justified by higher crafting costs"

How about, justified by having 100 ex in each gear slot? You should expect this from GGG. They are perfectly fine with adding game-breaking items - why not game-breaking bases?
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 28, 2014, 12:42:58 PM
"
LSN wrote:

You and your argumentation render all charackter starting points that have bad access to dagger useless compared to those who have.

duelist = same
templar = same
witch = wand, better
scion = perfect

Confirmed. Only builds in this game are attack-based.

And you call yourself non-biased.
you dont respond to the stuff at all.

What is your suggestion I asked before? Keep everything as it is?

What do you say to this little example concerning the whole picture?

"

duelist = same
templar = similar but something can be arranged
witch = wand, better
scion = perfect

You have nothing but your crafting costs. But these as typical in poe in such games only justify little superiority. You pay loads to get the 5% extra. In poe you pay little extra to get loads on top of other builds.

Noone actually crafts daggers, the guy who did gets it back with increased mirror fees. Everyone else pays little extra to get loads on top of other builds. That is the whole picture my friend and all you are responding here is meaningless ranting.
Last edited by LSN on Aug 28, 2014, 12:49:09 PM
Ideally, since mirrored 1h weapon is about 50% more DPS than very good weapon.

Daggers 50% more DPS than other bases.

Currently about 500% more, that should satisfy your appetite?

"
LSN wrote:
Noone actually crafts daggers

I forgot this game was balanced around standard with mirrored items for each slot.. oh wait..
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 28, 2014, 12:52:10 PM
+1000 to LSN , and dont listen that troll.
100lvl mele pvp QUIT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info