Daggers.. #1 in dps... #1 in crit... #1 in passive tree... am I missing something?

"
Ceratoidei wrote:
So I wasted 1-2ex alts on ambusher and just got way weaker daggers
You had some serious luck with that regal!

Meh, imho it's compensation for getting trolled seriously hard in Rampage, I tried to regal a t1 crit and hybrid phys harbinger and got lowest fire. This happened x10 pretty much, rip 1000 alts xD

I don't think the regal was that lucky, I started with the t2 hybrid which is the rarer one and regalled t2 flat which isn't all to uncommon xD But yes, to get it on the first go on my ambusher was pretty sick haha!
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
The problem of dagger is that it has both high based crit and high based attack speed. In path of attack speed (due to aura), dagger always win even if it has a bit lower base damage (no so much in fact). Also, it got the most useful implicit among all weapon. To make it normal, it should either high crit low aps or low crit high aps but not both (unless you make it 1 dps). Just like bow, the highest crit based one got the lowest aps.

Anyway, 2H loses the game always.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"Daggers.. #1 in dps... #1 in crit... #1 in passive tree... am I missing something?"

Yes.
That not only daggers > 2h, but also that shields are just as OP as daggers and while one build can combine both of them, 2h users are excluded from both.

Most 2h users will be stuck at 76/75 res, with no block, no spell block, inferiour armour, less stats. Making for example my own "tanky" marauder very squishy compared to a good shield user.

To compensate this enourmous imbalance, the shield user also gets to have multiple times the dps from scratch... >.<

Generally most builds get to combine weapon + something else.
Imho they should implement suitable additions to all weapons before trying to rebalance the system.
For example compareable to Bow + quiver. 2h maces + arm protectors.
Ofc with no gem slots, but providing implicit stats like just for example flat +10-20 phys damage and 50 armour. Rolling the usual additional affixes that may not even have to be top tier.

After that it should be far easier to rebalance the passive tree, other stats of items, damage scaling and whatever there may be left to do.
Warbands IGN:
Theldurin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info