Daggers.. #1 in dps... #1 in crit... #1 in passive tree... am I missing something?

Thats a good build as far as I can tell, other than resists are going to be purely gear dependent which will limit what you can use in most slots (unless you are uber rich and can afford those 45/45/45 items). Your life might be a bit low too, but honestly I cant tell what good life is anymore with how its been restructured. I was so used to seeing 200%s on every build.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
^I find that the new 200 is around 175% but I suck at math
"
Sickness wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:
Crits are strong to be sure, however you must invest alot of nodes into them for good effect and then you lose out on alot of other things.

I think most crit builds invest at least 60 nodes between traveling and the crit nodes themselves... if not more.

They also tend to be squishy.

You don't have to invest as much as you think. Take a look at this build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359dXiu_rpI7hutPeK309fLo4oj9kxgTZKNfQSxMHyVZlFH51Te-I2_JP2keAW1_97B1dQj6NYwcSLqmybN6ud03aibtdo9MgFtbEt4GYpb97IZtUg2PTpC-wlSDc968-qmf-OEnarssPbaKgvtQQ5IwJxirGyMjAsaj3BSsbNjQxGWpzT2_Ll8Fr-QG3_GBx5HBiaVcFaio5Uu2HZh4poTD8Tw1bk-VvVVS9vUO3xJUaxm226MNrjKLOGX0H3jjoq0xR6BS43_HA==

What are all the things that I'm missing out on?

107 points used and 121% life... Geez I wonder.
You'll get one-shot when the block and acro fails u in higher maps. Not to mention reflect.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 28, 2014, 11:02:02 PM
Posts in this thread are becoming biased. All I see are people with RT saying crit multi should be capped at 200% and people using daggers saying how hard it is to get high dps and have enough defenses.

As a crit dagger user I can tell you capping crit multi at 200 or even 300 would make no one use daggers except for CoC builds. No one would make crit build at all, except CoC. That is bad design.

Sure daggers need to be toned down, they should not scale as good with passives, but cutting the dmg 3-5x is silly.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
mistake double post
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Aug 29, 2014, 1:20:49 AM
"
Krayken wrote:
Someone's severely scared to see his dagger nerfed it seem.

WTB more butthurt, paying 5 exalts per butthurt.

So predictable, so disgustingly hilarious. Ad hominem attacks get you everywhere as you know from irl.

Don't post unless you can read.

"
Chundadragon wrote:
Crit multi nerf is the way to go.

IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 29, 2014, 3:06:48 AM
"
missuse wrote:
Posts in this thread are becoming biased. All I see are people with RT saying crit multi should be capped at 200% and people using daggers saying how hard it is to get high dps and have enough defenses.

If you see bias then you are most likely projecting your own. I brought up cap at 200% and I am playing a dagger build. I am playing the build I linked. While Disrupteds concerns about 121% hp are probably justified (I need to try it for myself, I have faith in the end of path of life nodes) it's still not hard at all to get high DPS and have enough defenses as a crit build. It is infact the easiest build to achive that because the DPS comes so easily.

"
missuse wrote:

Sure daggers need to be toned down, they should not scale as good with passives, but cutting the dmg 3-5x is silly.

There will never be balance aslong as you can increase both crit chance and crit multiplier. They simply scale too well with eachother that it becomes by far the best way to increase DPS.
If, say, all the crit nodes was nerfed enough to make non crit balanced with crit builds then it would never be worth to spec a little or moderatly in crit.
Both of those situations are bad.
If you make the multiplier fixed at 200% the imbalance that would follow is infinitely easier to balance than what we have now.
Last edited by Sickness on Aug 29, 2014, 3:42:13 AM
"
Sobeck wrote:
Sry but wands have the best passives. 50% added eledmg from physical is just insane

base damage of wands is just shit compared to dagger, nothing comparable.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
"
Sobeck wrote:
Sry but wands have the best passives. 50% added eledmg from physical is just insane

base damage of wands is just shit compared to dagger, nothing comparable.

And yet Wands have higher dps and clear speed now than Spectral Throw. (the way to turn daggers into ranged weapons)

Sure you get big dps numbers on melee dagger builds (ie we had 5.4 million dps on Double Strike pre 1.2)... but you're a melee. With garbage clear speed relative to ranged.

Is that not a fair thing for daggers to have? Comparing them side by side to wands ( a ranged weapon) and saying daggers win is just silly - especially when we just flat out outclear ST with wanders now in 1.2

I'm not saying swords and whatnot couldn't use some help, but daggers are NOT the #1 dps weapon for top end characters anymore.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

And yet Wands have higher dps

hell no.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

hell no.

"
Malone wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

hell no.

If you remove Chain multiplier from Wander 6l it blows ST dps out of the water. (and that ofc translates through clear speed using Chain - standing still a Wander vastly out clears ST especially in party play)

ie using the new BM builds running all auras Fyndel's current ST build does 128k gmp ST with Loathe bane, or 134k gmp ST with Wrath Fang. (we're talking no atziri flask/vaal haste etc in either setup - dps goes much higher in both builds using those buffs)

his BM Wander using Onslaught Barb (the ideal Wand does not exist yet) breaks just over 100k GMP+Chain. (that's already well ahead of ST in terms of actually killing things fast, but if you prefer a side by side you can just remove Chain from the 6l and watch the dps sky rocket well above the ST gmp numbers.) An easier comparison is comparing the single target ST 6l to Wander Barrage setup - Barrage is so far ahead on dps that it's not even a race now.

MELEE dagger skills of course reach much higher dps (ie the 5.4 million of double strike pre 1.2) but that's a whole different ball game - and as I mentioned, totally fine for that melee tradeoff. I think swords/axes/maces and the like could possibly use some love, but at the same time they have their own benefits of a very small, limited affix pool which makes it very easy to craft good ones.

Daggers are no longer the #1 end game ranged dps weapon - as it should be. They definitely win over other melee weapons, but then, something has to.

Source: I have all the mirrored gear for both builds and play both dagger ST and Wander.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info