Daggers.. #1 in dps... #1 in crit... #1 in passive tree... am I missing something?

"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

you are assuming 300 dps dagger = 450 dps 2 hander, you are wrong , 200 dps dagger = 450 dps 2 hander. you dont need a good dagger to beat down a 2hander. not at all.
(hell the guy who was doing 20k dps moltens had a 150 dps dagger vs my 340 dps 2 hander)

and that lack of viability is completely because of demand , not a crafting wall

One hander for fuck's sake.

450 pdps 2h is vendor-trash. Don't even go there when you talk of 200 pdps daggers, fucking Bino's is 220 and costs about 20 exalts and a 450 pdps 2h is like 1 exalt max.

And get this - rarity is 100% how this game is balanced. See Shavs, Acuities, mirrored gear.

i'm missing something here.

200dps daggers can be had for under 1ex. not very damn many, but they are there.

there's exactly 1 2H for < 1ex that is 450dps.

BUT, 200 dps dagger >>>> 2H 450 dps because of crit and block.

and 1H are still better than 2H because, block. but you know that. so the question is, why doesn't GGG do anything about it ? they buffed 2H damage a while back, but how could they have possibly justified that as all that was needed. now they had another opportunity in the new leagues and all we got was crickets.

meanwhile i forge ahead with my 2H sword build because i'm a fucking idiotic masochist.

the game is certainly balanced around rarity via RNG, but the problem is that they make "decent" items rare which is really annoying. leveling 2 new toons in rampage reminds me just how hard it is to run self-found. but path of trading is what they want, so path of trading is what we get. meh.

and i can't ever post anything without the word "mirror" in it without saying mirrors suck and should be taken out of the game.
Fuck the damage, just give 2h the range they deserve. Default on the base weapon + effective on all existing 2h'ers already in the game.

2h Axe - 9
2h Sword - 8
2h Mace/Staff - 8
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
i think GGG should change RT to "never miss, never deals crits...doubles the damage" maybe -it will be maybe not OP for the "balance in the game" and also should be enough or at least better than now XD
"
plasticeyes wrote:

200dps daggers can be had for under 1ex. not very damn many, but they are there.

Dagger must have crit or you can vendor it.

200 pdps + crit is not very common and the closest equivalent is Bino's at 20 exalts.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:

Dagger must have crit or you can vendor it.

200 pdps + crit is not very common and the closest equivalent is Bino's at 20 exalts.

Yep.... in Ambush there was such a lack of daggers even into the middle of the league that I had to make my own. (at over 100ex cost)

Leppas had a similar dagger earlier in Ambush, and his was actually mirrored several times before mine and then Flubbys Eagle Thirst got finished.

So yeah, daggers rock but they are incredibly hard to get ahold of a good one in temp leagues.

As I mentioned, at the top end Wands are actually outclearing daggers pretty hard now after 1.2 - I lent Fyndel some of my gear the other day and he put up a new BM based Wander with ridiculous chain - gmp damage - mana based ALSO outclears dagger though with less dps than BM, but AA as a bonus.

We're still using

rather than a hybrid wand which someday will push the dps even higher. (if someone ever finishes the wand)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
rather than a hybrid wand which someday will push the dps even higher. (if someone ever finishes the wand)

Axn stopped crafting it? Why? Ran out of exalts? Out of Eternals? It took two thousand and he said fk it?
"
phoenix4dota wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

Axn stopped crafting it? Why? Ran out of exalts? Out of Eternals? It took two thousand and he said fk it?

Yeah he's given up. It is for sale as a 5 t1 wand but I couldn't reach a price we both agreed on to buy it from him.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
I would tone down the dagger passives a little bit (leave the dagger itself alone, to avoid the legacy mess), but mainly improve the quality and variety of weapon passives in the strength area. Doesn't need to be crit, but it has to be something that becomes important if you invest in it, because just taking boring 'physical damage with X' nodes only gets you so far on a strength build (given that your skill gem and your main attribute already come with increased physical damage).

For example:
- more crit *multiplier* while holding a staff (the crit chance is fine, it's the lack of multi that really hurts on a staff crit build)
- armour/ES/resist bonuses while holding a staff (flat armour/ES bonuses could be interesting on an ES build)
- Area of Effect bonus for axe attacks (non-unique axes have really got nothing going for them at the moment apart from slightly higher base dps)
- resistance penetration for mace attacks
- bleed effect for sword attacks

You could also buff the mods available on 2h weapons once more (item *buffs* don't cause issues with legacy items).

"
The_26th_King wrote:
i think GGG should change RT to "never miss, never deals crits...doubles the damage" maybe -it will be maybe not OP for the "balance in the game" and also should be enough or at least better than now XD

I wouldn't go that far, but I would put a straight-up 'more damage' notable behind it. Except for its PvP role, Resolute Technique is not a good trade-off at the moment, even for stereotypical strength builds (it's not that hard to get a decent chance to hit). It's been devalued further by all the options we now have to obtain 'your attacks cannot be evaded' while keeping our crits.
Last edited by Incompetent on Aug 26, 2014, 11:42:09 PM
"
Krayken wrote:
Daggers should have a huge damage penalty when thrown. Theyre so light they get slown down by the air.

My idea is : daggers can't crit when thrown. Problem solved. You want big damage with your mirrored dagger? Go melee. As simple as that.

You do realise literaly one of the only throwing weapons besides a spear, is in-fact...a dagger? Slowed down by the air? WTF? I Would love to see someone throwing a broadsword in real life easier than a dagger..
Masters help a lot with getting a ok(=better than mightflay) dagger.

Got this on day three or four:

And this on day 6:

Cant wait to see what kind of monsters there are in month or two.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info