[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] Les Bo The Kitchen Blender 2-Handed Double Strike/Vaal Cyclone Build[HC/SC Viable]

Hi LiftingNerdBro, i love this build but ripped already 3 times at 34-55-70.
Spectral Throw is the best for lvl this? Because the skill tree its so similar to a ST Build atleast in the start from ranger, and with a good 2H will be like 1 hit all atleast solo and till Merciless.And with Hatred isn't good idea get Ice Bite (50% more cold damage)? And iron Grip for ST?
I was thinking of change some nodes and go for shild & 1h for more tank at end game?
Last edited by iScreem123 on Sep 16, 2014, 11:04:17 PM
Lets get some discussion going on a CWDT setup here. I'm about to start experimenting after I ripped my first take on this build at 40 taking on a beyond spawn in a corrupted area i had no buisness being around. Now @ 42 with an OP 5 link sword i got at lvl 34.
Guys I will reply tonight! I just need to finish my new video first :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
iScreem123 wrote:
Hi LiftingNerdBro, i love this build but ripped already 3 times at 34-55-70.
Spectral Throw is the best for lvl this? Because the skill tree its so similar to a ST Build atleast in the start from ranger, and with a good 2H will be like 1 hit all atleast solo and till Merciless.And with Hatred isn't good idea get Ice Bite (50% more cold damage)? And iron Grip for ST?
I was thinking of change some nodes and go for shild & 1h for more tank at end game?

Hey man! Sorry about your rips! :)

Spectral throw is awesome for leveling this build and as you say yourself, getting Iron Grip works really well for this purpose. You can definitely do this until you reach merciless and perhaps even further depending on your weapon.

Going 1-handed + shield is a strong solution end-game. You should however pick-up some of the shield nodes then. I have actually played such a build myself. It is very strong and tanky, the main issue is to get a good 1-handed with lots of damage. I am not saying it is impossible, but it can sometimes be hard :)

I have never tested the ice bite cluster. If you do please let me know of the results, I am curious to hear! :)
"
Fayral wrote:
Lets get some discussion going on a CWDT setup here. I'm about to start experimenting after I ripped my first take on this build at 40 taking on a beyond spawn in a corrupted area i had no buisness being around. Now @ 42 with an OP 5 link sword i got at lvl 34.

Sure. What about CWDT do you wanna discuss? :P
Started this build on rampage lvl 50 after 11hours of playing (chillmode), very fun build to play, lets see what happens with maps tomorrow.
Edit: no problems with anything yet
Last edited by ecasGAMING on Sep 19, 2014, 10:52:24 AM
What gems would you run in a 4 link with double strike? I am assuming blood magic and life on hit are a must...and the other would be melee splash or multistrike?
Sup everyone? This is an awesome build, although in my opinion, it has a bit of room for improvement regarding blood magic. Personally, I'd rather use revelry and a 1-2% physical to mana leech amulet. I can't say how it works with a 6L, but it was great for 5L.

I've made some adaptations for my own purposes. I made more of an effort for elemental resists because it makes fitting your gear easier, and cuts down on gear costs. You can always respec at endgame.

===================================================
LES BE FRIENDS, THE POOR MAN'S SUPPLEMENT BUILD
===================================================

Tree and Guide
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037ven117g7nCv66o4oKmyP2eOtNko19_MVnoN0Nh3Zbr5AKSn3A804qfPUppYoiwKZ07WEheu8S4YdqYEuQbAUtqZSE2YZgZU1uaTpS7hQUUg48Nuj5NEd-n8sB55wnvYGnMJkrFCCezVBH0iEYkVcN2WGRzqlzOQ4s-yFV5FFW2esJCZYnIBjbdPEhYECghO9hUu9O4mGVmyb4MHdlp-SxQ-c53WoeqBjyLzBPE0y-p9JNwA-krLyf7w4nL-OfXz_2SIzPPfxYY8bYZFJ2f55XfuAhAnuMypCuUA==

Stat Breakdown

Bandits: Oak, Krait, Oak (or kill)

Start: Marauder, Duellist, Ranger, it doesn't matter! I started as Ranger, so this build's skill order is based on that. The skill gems are easier to come by as a Duelist, though.
Additionally, if you want to use a 5l, you NEED Revelry.

Prioritize tank over gank.
1) Grab your ranger stuff, then the closest melee physical damage cluster, and revelry. Grab the ranger ele resist cluster as well, if need be. Then grab Iron Reflexes.
2) Make your way over to master of the arena and its nearby health nodes.
3) Head over Unwavering Stance, then Bloodless, then Diamond Skin.
5) Get all those marauder life nodes.
4) Start getting all those melee/2h physical damage nodes you didn't already get.
5) Did you find a totally rad endgame axe that has a ridiculously huge physical damage% mod and least four linked slots? Great. At this point, you can focus on those axe-specialized nodes. Get splitting strikes first for more glorious HP.

Gear and Gems
Spoiler

Exalts. Not even one.

Your Armor
4L BUDGET MODE
Molten Strike - Life On Hit - Faster Attacks - Multistrike
Don't bother with 4L doublestrike. You're better off with Molten strike for hitting multiple enemies while keeping your damage up. That said, your life gain isn't as reliable. Upgrade to a 5L armor as soon as you can afford one. I was lucky and had a level 35 5L I could wear.

5L Doublestrike - Faster Attacks - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Life On Hit
Now we're talking. Facetank EVERYTHING (that isn't a mob of colossals)

6L same as above, but with Added Fire Damage / Melee On Full Life
Added fire damage for consistency, MoFL for being balls to the wall.

Your Weapon
Vaal Cyclone - Life On Hit - Increased Duration - Melee On Full Life - Added Fire Damage - Increased Area of Effect
Skill gems in that order. Don't ever leave home without Life On Hit on your Vaal Cylcone. Melee on Full because when you're using Vaal Cyclone, you're either:
Full HP (99% of the time)
Extremely Briefly Not Full HP
One Second From Death
Dead

Your Helmet
Grace - Herald of Ash - Reduced Mana - Leap Slam
No blood magic means we don't get hatred, but lucky for us, Herald of Ashe is a great second choice, and you get to have obscene damage when you party with summoners that do have hatred.
GET GRACE FIRST. This will keep you alive.

Your Gloves
Cast On Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Enduring Cry - Molten Shell
Level these up as high as you can. Focus on getting this CoDT set up first. This will save your ass from Tornado Shot beyonders and pretty much any nasty uniques that rely on physical damage. Feel free to swap out Immortal Call with a levelled Decoy Totem.

Your Boots
Cast On Damage Taken (lvl1) - Immortal Call - Decoy Totem - Warlord's Mark/Enfeeble
Leave CoDT at level 1, level the rest to no higher than a minimum required level of 31. The point is for this gem to go off more often, immortal calling endurance stacks that your other CoDT didn't, and auto-cursing everything around you with Warlord's Mark/Enfeeble. Also, a low level decoy totem still screws with enemy AI. It doesn't need to live long.

Sidenotes
Spoiler
Sidenote: If you can squeeze Blood Rage in somewhere, fantastic. Feel free to stick it on your level 1 cast when damage taken instead of Decoy Totem or something. You might want to make sure you've got all your regen passives (heart of oak, golem's blood, warrior's blood) before doing this in Merciless, however.

Sidenote 2: Every 8 levels or so, grab yourself a new weapon. Keep your eye out for rare
Footman Sword / Etched Greatsword / woodsplitter / double axe / shadow axe / variants. Also, remember that you can craft great physical attack weapons with the following formula:
Rustic Sash + Blacksmith's Whetstone + Weapon

Sidenote 3: Until you're CoDTing Warlord's Mark/Enfeeble, feel free to use Leap Slam + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble / Warlord's Mark

Sidenote 4: I levelled just fine starting with molten strike and building up to the 4l attack set.

Sidenote 5: Don't run Herald of Ash until you can run Herald of Ash, Grace, Reduced Mana, and still have enough MP to do two successive casts of Double Strike without any mana on hit/leech.

Sidenote 6: I suspect that a second vaal cyclone set might be better than a second CWDT.

Happy Blending, and thanks for the awesome original guide!
I got to 63 in Beyond before getting instagibbed by Bameth. 5000 DPS, 1300/hit Vaal Cyclone, max resists, and 3800HP.

The moment you get your 5L armor, you turn into an unstoppable chopping machine. That said, like most builds, this build is susceptible to vaal detonate dead. Try to avoid summoning Bameth for funsies if you can.

@LiftingNerdBro
Feel free to use this info however. I initially wanted to make my own guide thread, but my version isn't much different from yours. I suggest you look into using revelry and a dash of mana leech instead of spending two gem slots on blood magic! (b'-')b
Last edited by Luftwaffle on Sep 20, 2014, 4:46:19 PM
"
Started this build on rampage lvl 50 after 11hours of playing (chillmode), very fun build to play, lets see what happens with maps tomorrow.
Edit: no problems with anything yet

Hey man. I am glad to hear that. let me know how it goes mate :)
"
codys182 wrote:
What gems would you run in a 4 link with double strike? I am assuming blood magic and life on hit are a must...and the other would be melee splash or multistrike?

Life-gain-on-hit, Melee Splash, Double Strike and multistrike.

At the time I got my 5-link I added in the blood magic gem and before that relied on mana usage for my skill :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info