[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] Les Bo The Kitchen Blender 2-Handed Double Strike/Vaal Cyclone Build[HC/SC Viable]

"
Luftwaffle wrote:
Sup everyone? This is an awesome build, although in my opinion, it has a bit of room for improvement regarding blood magic. Personally, I'd rather use revelry and a 1-2% physical to mana leech amulet. I can't say how it works with a 6L, but it was great for 5L.

I've made some adaptations for my own purposes. I made more of an effort for elemental resists because it makes fitting your gear easier, and cuts down on gear costs. You can always respec at endgame.

===================================================
LES BE FRIENDS, THE POOR MAN'S SUPPLEMENT BUILD
===================================================

Tree and Guide
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037ven117g7nCv66o4oKmyP2eOtNko19_MVnoN0Nh3Zbr5AKSn3A804qfPUppYoiwKZ07WEheu8S4YdqYEuQbAUtqZSE2YZgZU1uaTpS7hQUUg48Nuj5NEd-n8sB55wnvYGnMJkrFCCezVBH0iEYkVcN2WGRzqlzOQ4s-yFV5FFW2esJCZYnIBjbdPEhYECghO9hUu9O4mGVmyb4MHdlp-SxQ-c53WoeqBjyLzBPE0y-p9JNwA-krLyf7w4nL-OfXz_2SIzPPfxYY8bYZFJ2f55XfuAhAnuMypCuUA==

Stat Breakdown

Bandits: Oak, Krait, Oak (or kill)

Start: Marauder, Duellist, Ranger, it doesn't matter! I started as Ranger, so this build's skill order is based on that. The skill gems are easier to come by as a Duelist, though.
Additionally, if you want to use a 5l, you NEED Revelry.

Prioritize tank over gank.
1) Grab your ranger stuff, then the closest melee physical damage cluster, and revelry. Grab the ranger ele resist cluster as well, if need be. Then grab Iron Reflexes.
2) Make your way over to master of the arena and its nearby health nodes.
3) Head over Unwavering Stance, then Bloodless, then Diamond Skin.
5) Get all those marauder life nodes.
4) Start getting all those melee/2h physical damage nodes you didn't already get.
5) Did you find a totally rad endgame axe that has a ridiculously huge physical damage% mod and least four linked slots? Great. At this point, you can focus on those axe-specialized nodes. Get splitting strikes first for more glorious HP.

Gear and Gems
Spoiler

Exalts. Not even one.

Your Armor
4L BUDGET MODE
Molten Strike - Life On Hit - Faster Attacks - Multistrike
Don't bother with 4L doublestrike. You're better off with Molten strike for hitting multiple enemies while keeping your damage up. That said, your life gain isn't as reliable. Upgrade to a 5L armor as soon as you can afford one. I was lucky and had a level 35 5L I could wear.

5L Doublestrike - Faster Attacks - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Life On Hit
Now we're talking. Facetank EVERYTHING (that isn't a mob of colossals)

6L same as above, but with Added Fire Damage / Melee On Full Life
Added fire damage for consistency, MoFL for being balls to the wall.

Your Weapon
Vaal Cyclone - Life On Hit - Increased Duration - Melee On Full Life - Added Fire Damage - Increased Area of Effect
Skill gems in that order. Don't ever leave home without Life On Hit on your Vaal Cylcone. Melee on Full because when you're using Vaal Cyclone, you're either:
Full HP (99% of the time)
Extremely Briefly Not Full HP
One Second From Death
Dead

Your Helmet
Grace - Herald of Ash - Reduced Mana - Leap Slam
No blood magic means we don't get hatred, but lucky for us, Herald of Ashe is a great second choice, and you get to have obscene damage when you party with summoners that do have hatred.
GET GRACE FIRST. This will keep you alive.

Your Gloves
Cast On Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Enduring Cry - Molten Shell
Level these up as high as you can. Focus on getting this CoDT set up first. This will save your ass from Tornado Shot beyonders and pretty much any nasty uniques that rely on physical damage. Feel free to swap out Immortal Call with a levelled Decoy Totem.

Your Boots
Cast On Damage Taken (lvl1) - Immortal Call - Decoy Totem - Warlord's Mark/Enfeeble
Leave CoDT at level 1, level the rest to no higher than a minimum required level of 31. The point is for this gem to go off more often, immortal calling endurance stacks that your other CoDT didn't, and auto-cursing everything around you with Warlord's Mark/Enfeeble. Also, a low level decoy totem still screws with enemy AI. It doesn't need to live long.

Sidenotes
Spoiler
Sidenote: If you can squeeze Blood Rage in somewhere, fantastic. Feel free to stick it on your level 1 cast when damage taken instead of Decoy Totem or something. You might want to make sure you've got all your regen passives (heart of oak, golem's blood, warrior's blood) before doing this in Merciless, however.

Sidenote 2: Every 8 levels or so, grab yourself a new weapon. Keep your eye out for rare
Footman Sword / Etched Greatsword / woodsplitter / double axe / shadow axe / variants. Also, remember that you can craft great physical attack weapons with the following formula:
Rustic Sash + Blacksmith's Whetstone + Weapon

Sidenote 3: Until you're CoDTing Warlord's Mark/Enfeeble, feel free to use Leap Slam + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble / Warlord's Mark

Sidenote 4: I levelled just fine starting with molten strike and building up to the 4l attack set.

Sidenote 5: Don't run Herald of Ash until you can run Herald of Ash, Grace, Reduced Mana, and still have enough MP to do two successive casts of Double Strike without any mana on hit/leech.

Sidenote 6: I suspect that a second vaal cyclone set might be better than a second CWDT.

Happy Blending, and thanks for the awesome original guide!
I got to 63 in Beyond before getting instagibbed by Bameth. 5000 DPS, 1300/hit Vaal Cyclone, max resists, and 3800HP.

The moment you get your 5L armor, you turn into an unstoppable chopping machine. That said, like most builds, this build is susceptible to vaal detonate dead. Try to avoid summoning Bameth for funsies if you can.

@LiftingNerdBro
Feel free to use this info however. I initially wanted to make my own guide thread, but my version isn't much different from yours. I suggest you look into using revelry and a dash of mana leech instead of spending two gem slots on blood magic! (b'-')b

Hey man!

You have done a very good job mate!

I personally still like using blood magic instead of revelry. The reason for that is that some times when using double strike on only a few enemies the cost of the skill + the supports will drain your mana and you will run out (I tested this). Blood magic prevents this.

I think you have some good thoughts though, and I would recommend you to make your own build thread. I am sure that a lot of people would enjoy taking a look at your build :)

Thank you for sharing!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Sep 21, 2014, 7:56:20 PM
Awesome build man! Been playing your Carpet Bomber witch and its been great, wanted to mix up the game with some melee and this build looks great ;D
"
InorganicApex wrote:
Awesome build man! Been playing your Carpet Bomber witch and its been great, wanted to mix up the game with some melee and this build looks great ;D

Let me know how it goes mate!? :)
Great build idea! I've been using an adaptation of it on my latest character, and I have to admit it's the most OP I've ever felt while playing PoE.

I was fortunate enough to get hooked up with a Tabula Rasa thanks to a guildie. With a 6L this build really shines - Double Strike, Melee Splash, Multistrike, Life Gain on Hit, Increased Physical Damage, and Blood Magic at around level 35, and sustainable with a 100+ mana cost with less than 1000 max HP? Yes please! Running Grace and Purity of Elements makes up for the missed defense and resists.

Reasons to love this build (from a non-endgame perspective):

* Very adaptable - grabbing mana nodes at the beginning, combined with an Atziri's Foible and Clarity, provides plenty of early-game regen to be sustainable with a 4L. Easily removed later on once you have your DS running on BM.
* Incredibly low investment - becomes powerful with 4L gear and only goes up from there. With crap gear this build is still viable. I think I still have some boots from level ~20 simply because they're a 4L with the right colors (currently level 42).
* Visually pleasing - ~6 hits a second (per enemy!) at level 19. When you crit (I'm not over to Resolute Technique yet), the entire screen becomes a mess. Facetanking is a viable option against most enemies, one that seems to be an exception is All-Seeing Eye.
* Scales well - One notable passive can up your DPS by a factor of hundreds at my level. I'll be doubling my physical damage in two more levels (Rigvald's Charge), and I can only imagine what the DPS increase is going to be.
* Did I mention OP as hell? Enemies die within seconds, you can't be killed unless it's a few huge hits, and the more enemies you engage at one time, the better you survive. I don't even have Vaal Cyclone yet, which I plan on using as more of a utility skill than anything.

This build is what brought me back to PoE, and it's going to make me stay for a while.
"
"
Started this build on rampage lvl 50 after 11hours of playing (chillmode), very fun build to play, lets see what happens with maps tomorrow.
Edit: no problems with anything yet

Hey man. I am glad to hear that. let me know how it goes mate :)

Right now i am lvl 64 soloed whole game expect dominus (havent tried yet), farming currency for +500dps weapon. What you think about bringer of rain in this build?
"
"
"
Started this build on rampage lvl 50 after 11hours of playing (chillmode), very fun build to play, lets see what happens with maps tomorrow.

Right now i am lvl 64 soloed whole game expect dominus (havent tried yet), farming currency for +500dps weapon. What you think about bringer of rain in this build?

Obviously not the creator of this build, but I'll give my opinion since I'm already running a TR which gives me no stats on my chest armor.

That's a tricky one. You wouldn't have room for all of your gems as you'd need Multistrike, Life Gain on Hit, Blood Magic, and Melee Splash on top of Double Strike. If you could get some mana leech on your gear, perhaps you could drop Blood Magic and make it viable. Of course, losing the defense on your chest armor will likely mean you're losing some serious resists.

If you're low on resists, running Purity of Elements would help out, possibly at the expense of another aura. However, it does have a paltry 40% reservation... perhaps you could finagle it into a 2L/3L with Blood Magic and possibly Reduced Mana if you feel too squishy afterward, that way you don't have to sacrifice anything.

Essentially, you'll need to run Vaal Cyclone in your 5L/6L weapon, your Double Strike in your BoR, and then your auras and CwDT in your boots and gloves. This means that you're going to have to give something up to run Purity of Elements if you need it. If you don't mind missing out on some damage, perhaps you could get your 6S weapon and have it run as a 4L+2L, then run Purity of Elements and Blood Magic there.

tl;dr: I think it's possible, but risky, and would mean the rest of your gear would have to be just right.
Hey Bro , Another great build guide for the casual player. Appriciate all your effort.

I have adapted this build for the maurader... I cant play as a chick...lol

i would appriciate all feedback on the the build as a maurader and any pointers on gear.

here is the build.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0Kmw48EPASvBLhFCAUUhRxGJEZLhpVI_YnLyftKaU26DkOOlI9_ECgR35KfU2STipQR1RJVbVW-lcNWGNbr18_YSFko2VNZ6Bqk25pcql463zZhNmHaod2jM-NfZAKkGyRzpkrns2fy6Lqo4qkrKcwqXOplKyqr6K2QbyfvYG-p8APwQTG2NIh0k3V7dlh3D3dDd-_45_uDu8O707yL_Ja9kj3MvxL_MU=

here is my current gear working off the keystone blood magic.

Spoiler

I would realy appriciate any and all feedback.. ive died 3 times leveling in standard league .. 1) Vaal Merciless.....lol i thought i had the armor to survive his slam...
2) Merciless act 3 sewer vall zone boss. and 3 ) Merciless Dominus.

i am currently at 4100 health and 6k armor.

thanks bro for all your build guides.. KEEP THEM COMING!!!
"
Skyline969 wrote:
Great build idea! I've been using an adaptation of it on my latest character, and I have to admit it's the most OP I've ever felt while playing PoE.

I was fortunate enough to get hooked up with a Tabula Rasa thanks to a guildie. With a 6L this build really shines - Double Strike, Melee Splash, Multistrike, Life Gain on Hit, Increased Physical Damage, and Blood Magic at around level 35, and sustainable with a 100+ mana cost with less than 1000 max HP? Yes please! Running Grace and Purity of Elements makes up for the missed defense and resists.

Reasons to love this build (from a non-endgame perspective):

* Very adaptable - grabbing mana nodes at the beginning, combined with an Atziri's Foible and Clarity, provides plenty of early-game regen to be sustainable with a 4L. Easily removed later on once you have your DS running on BM.
* Incredibly low investment - becomes powerful with 4L gear and only goes up from there. With crap gear this build is still viable. I think I still have some boots from level ~20 simply because they're a 4L with the right colors (currently level 42).
* Visually pleasing - ~6 hits a second (per enemy!) at level 19. When you crit (I'm not over to Resolute Technique yet), the entire screen becomes a mess. Facetanking is a viable option against most enemies, one that seems to be an exception is All-Seeing Eye.
* Scales well - One notable passive can up your DPS by a factor of hundreds at my level. I'll be doubling my physical damage in two more levels (Rigvald's Charge), and I can only imagine what the DPS increase is going to be.
* Did I mention OP as hell? Enemies die within seconds, you can't be killed unless it's a few huge hits, and the more enemies you engage at one time, the better you survive. I don't even have Vaal Cyclone yet, which I plan on using as more of a utility skill than anything.

This build is what brought me back to PoE, and it's going to make me stay for a while.

What's up Skyline!? Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the build. It seems like you have had as much fun with it as I have! :)
"
"
"

Listen to Skyline, he shares some good thoughts about BoR :)
"
Ghostredneck wrote:
Hey Bro , Another great build guide for the casual player. Appriciate all your effort.

I have adapted this build for the maurader... I cant play as a chick...lol

i would appriciate all feedback on the the build as a maurader and any pointers on gear.

here is the build.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0Kmw48EPASvBLhFCAUUhRxGJEZLhpVI_YnLyftKaU26DkOOlI9_ECgR35KfU2STipQR1RJVbVW-lcNWGNbr18_YSFko2VNZ6Bqk25pcql463zZhNmHaod2jM-NfZAKkGyRzpkrns2fy6Lqo4qkrKcwqXOplKyqr6K2QbyfvYG-p8APwQTG2NIh0k3V7dlh3D3dDd-_45_uDu8O707yL_Ja9kj3MvxL_MU=

here is my current gear working off the keystone blood magic.

Spoiler

I would realy appriciate any and all feedback.. ive died 3 times leveling in standard league .. 1) Vaal Merciless.....lol i thought i had the armor to survive his slam...
2) Merciless act 3 sewer vall zone boss. and 3 ) Merciless Dominus.

i am currently at 4100 health and 6k armor.

thanks bro for all your build guides.. KEEP THEM COMING!!!

Hey Ghost! What's up? I just got done with todays recording, I appologize for keeping you waiting :)

When looking at your gear the thing that comes immediately apparent to me is that you need more life on your items. Try to get at least 75 life on each item you have equipped. If you do so you will end up with a lot more life. Secondly try to get as much armor as well

You need to get yourself a sword that deals even more physical damage as well :)

Your build looks good imo. There is a few things that could be optimized but those are minor and I dont think you need to worry too much about that =)

Both Vaal and Dominus needs to be respected at all times. The vaal slam deals 4000 damage, and that is when it doesn't crit. For that reason it should always be avoided. The same goes for Dominus "touch of god" :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info