[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] Les Bo The Kitchen Blender 2-Handed Double Strike/Vaal Cyclone Build[HC/SC Viable]

THIS BUILD IS NOW UPDATED FOR PATCH 1.3!

Check out my build video-guide. This video will explain the details and help you get a better understanding of how this character works as well as showing in-game footage of how the build performs. The video shows the old 1.2 character. Check the this post for the updated 1.3 skill-trees.

The video can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUPcU6NCNs4&feature=youtu.be

If you have any questions about the build, come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:
http://www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro/ :)

What's up my exiles!?
This is my official thread for my "Les Bo The Kitchen Blender" build. In this thread I will cover the most basic requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation on how the build works and needs to be set up, check out the link to my video-guide above.

I originally designed this build for the 2 week race in the last season. At that time the build performed very well, but with the new skill-tree it has become even BETTER and stronger. With this skill-tree we are getting much more damage, more life and even more attack speed. Pretty awesome stuff! :)

This build is INCREDIBLY FUN, and is by far my favourite build I have played in Path of Exile so far. The use of double strike, quick leap slams and vaal cyclone makes the build feel so action packed and so dynamic. If you are looking for a build that will challenge you and keep your heart pumping (in a good way) then this is the build for you :)

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. This build can be played by both beginners and veterans of PoE. Except for your sword this build doesn't require any specific expensive items to reach end-game maps. However if you manage to farm a good amount of currency, this build can become REALLY strong later on.

2. Players who seek a FUN and action packed build that requires you to pay attention, while still leaving you comfortable.

3. Fans of "Will It Blend?"

4. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

5. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide linked to it.

Build mechanic introductions:

In short this build utilizes iron-reflexes, extra endurance charges, smart use of flasks, auras and tons of life-gain-on-hit from our attacks. The finished build has a total of 171% increased total maximum life and an additional 1% extra fire resistance. All this makes us very tanky and safe as long as you don't make too many reckless vaal cyclone attacks. I have a tendency to do that and yet I still reached level 84 without dying.

To keep our-self alive this build also heavily relies on a shit-ton of attack speed along with the skill-gem life-gain-on-hit. Our double strike and vaal cyclone have so many frequent hits that we in most cases generate so much more life by killing monsters than we lose.

For that same reason reflect damage is never a problem as well.

Skill-gems and setups?:

For your main attack you will be using Double Strike linked with Melee Splash, Life-Gain-On-Hit, Multistrike and Blood Magic.

Our secondary attack is Vaal Cyclone linked with Life-Gain-On-Hit, Melee Physical Damage, Increased Duration and Blood Magic

Vaal Cyclone does not necessarily require a 5-link. If you can't afford that you should take out the Melee Physical Damage skill-gem.

For additional defence we incorporate a CWDT-setup. Cast When Damage Taken is linked with Enduring Cry, Molten Shell and Enfeeble.

For farming level 74 and 75 maps I have found that I prefer my CWDT to be leveled as such. CWDT level 9, enduring cry level 10, molten shell level 12 and enfeeble level 10.

For auras we will be running Hatred and Grace linked with Reduced Mana.

For extra mobility we are using leap-slam linked with faster attacks and blood magic.

Passive Skill-tree:

111 point full, finished build:

Leveling skill tree:

42 passive skill-points:

54 passive skill-points:

89 passive skill-points:

Bandit Quest Rewards
- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life
- Cruel : Help Oak for 18% increased physical damage
- Merciless: Help Oak for an extra endurance charge

Gearing and stat priorities

When you are resistance capped, this is the stats you should aim for

For defence: (Number 1 being the most important and number 5 the least important)

1. Life
2. Armor/Evasion
3. Strength
4. Chaos resistance

For offence:

1. High physical damage
2. Attack speed%
3. Flat Physical damage
4. Strength

This is my current gear:

As you can see this gear can easily be improved and that will of course only make the build stronger.

Awesome, but not required uniques that greatly benefits this build:

Helmet: Alpha's Howl

Spoiler

Body armor: Belly of the Beast
Spoiler

Belt: Doryani's Invitation

Spoiler

Ring: Le Heup of All

Spoiler

None of these uniques are required, but they can greatly increase the power of the build if you are willing to invest the time and currency

Later tomorrow I will add a few uniques I would recommend you try to get for this build.

The above information serves as a rough guideline to get you started with the build. I recommend watching my video-guide, especially if you are new to the game, in the video I will explain some of the skills and how they work and how you should spend your skill points while leveling.

The video-guide can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUPcU6NCNs4&feature=youtu.be

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have :)

Anyway, thank you for reading guys. I'll see you for my next beginners guide!

Stay safe!

Kind Regards
LNB
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Dec 25, 2014, 2:05:38 PM
If you notice any typos or anything guys, please let me know, I was pretty low on blood sugar when I posted the guide ;D
I just want to say thank you. I just started using this build got all the required equipment and gems, it works great :) appreciate your detailed explanation.
"
ZekeAsakura wrote:
I just want to say thank you. I just started using this build got all the required equipment and gems, it works great :) appreciate your detailed explanation.

No problem Zeke! Best of luck with the build man!
"

Remember that as soon as you have enough energy shield to sustain a level 22+ AA (with inner force) then you should of course try to get some armor on your gear as well for even more defence.

Lol.
Bored with my crit bow build at level 54. I'm gonna try with out and see how it goes.

I have Flesh and Spirit, Ironscale Gauntlets that give +5 Vaal souls on rampage. Think they are worth it? Or do they lack too many stats.
Hey, can this be good too on diffrent classes? And if yes, can you advice where locate passives?
Oh and one more question, how this build works in party?
Last edited by _REC_ on Aug 23, 2014, 4:14:53 AM
"
startingova wrote:
"

Remember that as soon as you have enough energy shield to sustain a level 22+ AA (with inner force) then you should of course try to get some armor on your gear as well for even more defence.

Lol.

Haha well spotted, that is from my fireball guide. That piece of text has now been removed! :)
"
XanthousQat wrote:
Bored with my crit bow build at level 54. I'm gonna try with out and see how it goes.

I have Flesh and Spirit, Ironscale Gauntlets that give +5 Vaal souls on rampage. Think they are worth it? Or do they lack too many stats.

I actually don't think they are needed man. Vaal cyclone gets charged pretty fast so it shouldn't be necessary :)
"
_REC_ wrote:
Hey, can this be good too on diffrent classes? And if yes, can you advice where locate passives?
Oh and one more question, how this build works in party?

For hardcore league players this build is without a doubt best played as a ranger and maybe even a marauder, as we will get more life from those classes.

For softcore this build can potentially be played as a shadow as well. The shadow variant will have less life but more physical damage. I will try constructing a tree for that later today if you want? :)

This build is actually pretty good in parties. When vaal cycloning you are gathering all the mobs in one place which greatly helps your team mates to nuke them down as fast as possible :)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Aug 23, 2014, 5:00:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info