Beyond League

"
krilox wrote:

At cruel when they pop at every corner if you arent careful, with double regen auras.

The QQ is just about how unrewarding and tedious the fights are, not about difficulty.

kk, by then i'll have conversion trap and puncture, they should fall even faster? have to see =p
Will be intersting what the small Patch has changed, my first Impression was like many Others already stated not very good: hard to control, risky to encounter, underwhelming Loot

Looking back to Invasion (really liked it in the End) & having Trust in GGG I believe we will be able to enjoy it in a few Weeks of Tweaks :)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
At least in act1 normal it takes me ages to kill this regen mobs. I actually kill them once quick enough (some crits I guess) to fight the unique boss, some guy dealing cold damage in every conceivable way (with 0 res of course). It took me 5 minutes to finish him off. I got a couple rares and risked dying three of four times. After that, I just skip them, I'm very very careful not to spawn portals as it becomes tedious to advance.

IMHO, not a good game design when you purposedly avoid the new game features (I also skipped Haku mission after reading the forums but I can understand that because armour and a witch...well you could expect some troubles there)
I think Beyond is tuned mostly for mapping. A lot of maps become a lot scarier when you have to worry about beyond mobs spawning all over the place.
@Moylin (Beyond)
"
Mithrandil wrote:
Only those fast-charging degen creatures are annoying, especially when they spawn as three. The rest is about fine as they may have some regen but no damage...

no damage?????? you serious??? hope you find the archers pack and try to tank them. more than 10 seconds.

Well, I had great fun in Beyond League (HC), even tho I REEEPed at level 48.
My death was completely avoidable and result of us/me getting overly confident at a strongbox :)

The Beyond spawns can be a bit over the top, and the regen of some bosses are unreasonable until you are well geared/skilled. The loot was somewhat underwhelming considering the effort,
but seeing how quick a decently equipped group can clear and climb, I kinda see why.

I ran in a group of 3 witches that had builds and auras that complimented eachother.
As a result we ran up to level 48-50 rather "quickly", tho we had ALOT of close calls with the Beyond spawns.
Tbh we had brilliant fun, with some moments of high pitched squeals on teamspeak as the Beyonders spawned during a rare Strongbox for example, sometimes double Beyonds+big boss :)
But I can see it being quite annoying for people that solo and are somewhat causual.

We did comment between ourselves that the regen was over the top at times, and for some solo builds it would take forever to get kills, if even able to.

Overall, Beyond League and the patch in general was, from my point of view, awesome. Alot of new content and gets your heart pumping hard in hardcore.

10/10 Will play again :)

EDIT;

Just woke up, so havent played POE yet, but got linked this by a buddy;

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1002563

I guess they have tweaked the game a bit.
Last edited by Niding on Aug 22, 2014, 5:43:54 AM
Hey guys level 22 so far, mostly played solo with a couple of levels of partying. The only Beyond boss I've had issues with is when I was in a 2 man party with a summoner. We couldn't quite beat down this one boss who kept regening and quickly running away from my bear traps. He was absolutely no threat but he just kept regenning and running.

The problem is that I took Poacher's Mark as my quest reward instead of Puncture. If I'd punctured him he would have gone down. But I was concerned about my regen, but I'll buy a puncture off of someone and see if that counters the regen of these boss mobs like I think it should.

What level am I supposed to QQ again? =p

Here is my skill tree and gear, I call it The Witcher build

Passives

Gear
Spoiler
Last edited by BearCares on Aug 22, 2014, 7:44:48 AM
"
BearCares wrote:
Hey guys level 22 so far, mostly played solo with a couple of levels of partying. The only Beyond boss I've had issues with is when I was in a 2 man party with a summoner. We couldn't quite beat down this one boss who kept regening and quickly running away from my bear traps. He was absolutely no threat but he just kept regenning and running.

The problem is that I took Poacher's Mark as my quest reward instead of Puncture. If I'd punctured him he would have gone down. But I was concerned about my regen, but I'll buy a puncture off of someone and see if that counters the regen of these boss mobs like I think it should.

What level am I supposed to QQ again? =p

Here is my skill tree and gear, I call it The Witcher build

Passives

Gear
Spoiler

Again, you seem intent on missing the point. Although it's proven well enough by your gear I reckon.

As you're rather driven to prove everyone wrong here I'll assume you're intentionally trying to spawn as many Beyond monsters as you possibly can. If you're not then I guess that makes the point well enough equally, you're playing to avoid them like everyone else.

Even taking into account that you're 22 on your first character your gear isn't very good. If you've been spending a lot of time fighting those Beyond monsters, and even if you're dealing with them just fine (most people are) you'll have to admit they do take quite a bit more time to defeat than other monsters.

And yet, if you're fighting them whenever possible, you're still left with basically no rewards for all that time invested.

The problem isn't that these monsters can't be beaten. Hell, I'm surprised you couldn't beat this one boss especially if your buddy was a summoner which I've found to be among the best ways to deal with them at lower level. Even without puncture you should've been able to beat him with smart play to corner him.

The problem is that after a lot of time spend fighting a monster that, in your words, just keeps regenning and running even if he's absolutely no threat, there's no reward.

That's the problem. It's not that they're difficult, they're not if you build well. It's that they're tedious. They simply take a long while to fight and that's pretty much it.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
Last edited by Gobla on Aug 22, 2014, 8:20:05 AM
@Gobla:

Okay one THINLY veiled insult after the other from you, thanks bro, but I'll address some of your "questions" just for kicks

bad gear:
I had horrendous luck with this character. Over eighteen levels only one currency item dropped for me. It was a wisdom scroll. Yes, I only got 1 wisdom scroll to drop and no portal scrolls for this character. To ID things I had to vendor white gear, since I had no portal scroll I had to log out/ log in just to return to town. It was too slow. So I ended up just taking things that weren't completely terrible. I don't have the wisdom scrolls to ID anything. And no portal scrolls to escape. None. And you know what, I still fought Brutus solo, completed 2 corrupted zones, opened half the boxes I encountered, and fought the Beyond spawns. Of course I wasn't stupid enough to do Merveil solo without a portal though =p. I'm not a HC vet who will instinctively alt+f4 at the first sign of danger

Beyond bosses
Did I intentionally look for them at such low level? no. Why would I? My build isn't anywhere near taking off yet. It would be silly to hunt monsters at such a low level anyway, what would I expect them to drop for me? A blackheart? Was I trying to avoid spawning them? If I was surrounded by necromancers shocking ground, sure I would avoid the portals. But if it was relatively safe I just cleaved away as bear trap + vaal lighting trap just obliterated them when I was solo. Also, how can you tell me, that the summoner and I shoudl have been able to beat that beyond boss? You don't even know which boss it was. And you don't even know what that summoner's build was (it was summon skeletons), and the boss would just run right away from them.

anyways thanks for the thinly veiled insults. I will keep you posted =p
Last edited by BearCares on Aug 22, 2014, 8:37:41 AM
the name of this guy is totally deserved lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info