Beyond League

Would you all stop those "They are so easy for me, i dont know what you are complaining about" posts?

Because you are missing the point. They take twice as long as other rares/blues and drop half the stuff (seemingly).

Some of the combinations are pretty scary, but i think noone complained about difficulty in this thread. So if you want to stroke your epeen for managing to kill beyond mobs, please do it somewhere else. We all manage to do it (otherwise we couldnt complain about the drops, could we?)

They are tedious (not fun) and unrewarding (less fun) with zero variety (least fun).

And if you want to argue that they are fun for you, so they should be fun for me, im going to smack you.
"
Cataca wrote:
Would you all stop those "They are so easy for me, i dont know what you are complaining about" posts?

Because you are missing the point. They take twice as long as other rares/blues and drop half the stuff (seemingly).

Some of the combinations are pretty scary, but i think noone complained about difficulty in this thread. So if you want to stroke your epeen for managing to kill beyond mobs, please do it somewhere else. We all manage to do it (otherwise we couldnt complain about the drops, could we?)

They are tedious (not fun) and unrewarding (less fun) with zero variety (least fun).

And if you want to argue that they are fun for you, so they should be fun for me, im going to smack you.

No, I agree with you, you are entitled to your feelings about the league. I just get annoyed by delirious, premature, whiny panic posts. So I feel like I have to offer a counterpoint just to balance it out. That's all.

I mean people start literally crying on day 1.5

It's a bit quick to really get a grasp of the mechanics. So you have the negative side, I'll keep posting the positive view.
"
Pendoza wrote:
I really hate the annoying overpowered mindless beyond mobs.

GGG said you could avoid them.. Well fuck that. It's impossible to guess when they will spawn. Sometimes i shoot a group of 30 mobs and they don't spawn while returning on a spot killing a mob spawns them.

It just again RNG and tonight my lvl 54 was farming cruel docks while a reflect phys dmg + extra fire dmg beyond archers appear. I was dead before I could see what happend.

Is it normal that a char with maxed out res, 2400 life, 2% life leech kills himself within 1 second after spawning?

I was forced to farm docks while I was already in Merc due to unbelievable bad drops. I killed EVERY beyond mob i came across and NEVER they gave a rare! NEVER!

What is this shit AGAIN with the drops? Why is it so bad? Sorry but it seems you have not learned from the past. Those Masters are a very nice addition to the game but please fire the guy who invented those beyond mobs. I have a feeling we have a reeep PoE on our hand.

This guy gets it.
Beyond is the same shit as invasion and needs some fixing before everyone leaves again fuck this shit.
kappa
The best thing of Beyond League are the strongboxes.
"Embrace the darkness"
"
Cataca wrote:

I agree, however - I think that once my character has very good clear speed and defensive capabilities that spawning blues for free is only gunna be good.

It's just extremely frustrating when you are below the gear level.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 24, 2014, 12:02:58 PM
I actually don't remember the last time beyond mob dropped a rare for me. I just run from them now, 2 quicksilvers in the belt.

And those hasted fucks with 2H sword, they just pop out and swarm you, really nasty later on in the game.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Aug 24, 2014, 12:09:42 PM
Playing these last few days up to Merc A3, mostly solo, and my experience with Beyond is fairly positive.

At first the mobs are very difficult to defeat, but now it's mostly not a problem.

I think Beyond sets out to inject a new element into the game...making the user think a little bit during combat while moving away from the blindfolded button masher of old.

It's not about extra incentive, better loot, amazing variety....it's about not fucking up a good thing as the user is killing everything in sight.

Beyond adds an element of thought into the game. This is most obvious when you come across a rare strongbox.

ex: You can assess the situation fairly easily, but knowing so many mobs will spawn on top of each other forcibly introduces the beyond mechanic. If they do spawn, that rare strongbox group is a much bigger problem.

I like it...it's not 'oh crap the stupid beyond guys spawned I'm outta here rage against designers for am I impervious to any kind of mistakes in POE...long live vanity'

Rather...it's 'shit..I screwed up...my bad that's on me for taking on 20 mobs on top of 3 red portals'

Never had that kind of experience in POE going back to CB. A little bit of thought in combat.
I'm having a positive time playing Beyond even if it can be annoying to die to those super packs. However I agree the risk/reward ratio is very bad right now.

That said, I find the novelty of the mechanic to be interesting. Obviously, in Beyond, right now, you don't want to make the packs appear so you have to be careful and try to kill stuff a bit spread out. On the other hand, in 3 months, if the mechanic is moved to all leagues, then in softcore, you'll want to try and get them to pop as much as possible for, hopefully, a chance at better loot than usual.
This league needs
1. much monsters variety
2. better monsters drop

And than it could be quite interesting.
IGN: Cacofonya - Spectre Summoner Witch lvl 87
Beyond isn't fun. Difficult or not.

Rampage is way too better.

unfortunately I dont enjoy beyond,

GGG wants to add chalenge to hardcore, but instead they add nuisance to gameplay.
I enjoy masters, strongboxes and new economy. The rest is torture.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info