Beyond League

Feels like a more boring version of Invasion. Invasion .5

Spawning boring yellow mobs that do the same thing over and over. If you want to fight the unique you have to go drag monsters all over just to get another portal. Get boss, kite it for a year, beat it, hardly any loot

Honestly this is a joke. I've loved GGG for over 2 years now and chalked up invasion as a rare mistake and actually played softcore for the first time in PoE because of it. And now the next league is a worse version of the last trash HC league? Honestly? SERIOUSLY?

Oh, invasion bosses were a bad idea? How about, invasion bosses, but now you can choose when to fight them. SURPRISE NEW LEAGUE

Yes I'm crying. I put a lot of faith into GGG and I know they can do better. After all those months to think of a new idea from the last 4 month and this is the outcome. It's a joke

edit: with that being said, masters are a great addition to the game, it's the only reason i'm not taking a 3month break.
Last edited by coatesishere on Aug 24, 2014, 2:05:11 PM
After my rip I tried it the same night as a FP shadow. I had a blast until I came across the same beyond mobs spawning out of nowhere.

You can let them spawn 1000x... They only need to have the RNG dropped on the MAX DMG roll they can do and you are toasted. I like difficulty I can see. For example an Invasion Boss or Rogue Exiles. You can see and hear them coming.

Those portals are so random that it is impossible to guess. When those monsters spawn you are in the hands of RNG. Ofcourse in later levels this can easily be mitigated due to better gear but the process isn't called leveling for a reason.

Those mobs have more dmg, health, speed, degen and regen than all the Act Bosses you face. The fact that they can spawn in a circle around you makes it absurd and insane.

I do not like this kind of cheap mechanic to increase the difficulty. I am planning on just playing HC instead of this league. It has the Masters, Strongboxes, Skill tree and skill changes except the portals and some uniques you never find anyway.

After Invasion I really had the hope they knew what they were doing. They hired a external guy who made those (60?) Invasion Bosses. I guess that same guy is responsible for this also. So in 4 months he created the following:

Four types of monsters who are coloured red and black. Who can spawn from killing mobs at random moments and are insanely overpowered and not rewarding.... => EPIC FAIL!

It would be better just to let the Invasion Bosses in. It took the whole league for all Bosses to be adjusted to a way it was fair. We never had the chance to fully experience Invasion from the start. This was a perfect moment for it but unfortunately there is a lack of clear vision when there is stress.

We are talking in Deja-Vu now. Are you even listening?
The force is strong in the power of the thorns!
I think this will be a lot better if the add the Invasion Bosses to Beyond.

I feel the League is boring!!.

I know what is comming all the time.

Be prepared to Run fast and Temp Chain = easy kills.
"
poliboy wrote:
add the Invasion Bosses to Beyond.

Healing drug abuse with alcohol!
After lvling to 54 and 73 in Beyond league, I think its so-so. Nothing cool really, just some added lame mobs that pop up at the most annoying of times. Thankfully I have a build that cant really die to them, and I also kill them fairly quickly. Not sure about 3 of the unique ones though, they seem scary so I just run away from those.

I am very happy to play in a new league though, for the freshness it brings in terms of starting from nothing, new economy and all that. Thats whats fun for me with this league, not the Beyond portals.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Beyond league in its current state is objectively un-fun.

It is tedious and the time and frustration spent killing the beyond-ers for the reward that you get is absolutely out of whack.

They should just rename it to Skipyond or give us back Nemesis.
"
Odissius wrote:
Beyond league in its current state is objectively un-fun.

It is tedious and the time and frustration spent killing the beyond-ers for the reward that you get is absolutely out of whack.

They should just rename it to Skipyond or give us back Nemesis.

I agree.

Doing maps with a friend that can perma freeze so its not as bad but all of them take ages to kill compared to all the other packs.

The only word that comes to mind is tedious. You kill all the pacs in <2 seconds and then spend 15+ fighting 2 mobs :/

Its more efficient to just skip them and move on to the next pack
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
please GGG better drops from beyond mobs!!
:D
I agree with the post about it being annoying how long it takes to kill mobs like that. The other issue i have is also the loot from the beyond mobs. Where is the incentive to kill them if they dont ever drop even a yellow. And dont says "rng" because ive killed plenty of packs giving myself chance to rng some gear and no yellows.

Sry GGG i hate to be negative but this is my honest feedback.

-Pookyfied
Here until the end.
beyond sucks
thats all

u made a league more boring and depressing than invasion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info