IGN.com: Zana, Master Cartographer Reveal and Developer Walkthrough

"
muhomorov wrote:
I just realized that GGG are the FIRST gaming developer in the history of gaming, who managed to properly implement player housing. Usually it only exists for role playing, but here it actually has a real impact on the game itself! quote]

no they are not, lol.
Last edited by TheLoneliness on Aug 19, 2014, 8:12:15 AM
I will quote myself:

From http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/902103 posted on April 24, 2014 10:49 AM.

So you are getting new content updates every 4 months after all of the kinks have been worked out. It just so happens that you don't want to take part in the testing of the new content before it hits standard league.

You are still getting the new content, rogue exiles, shrines, they already said the are looking to put the strong boxes after ambush league is finished. I do not understand your complaint, you prove your own point wrong.

From 7:41:50 am, August 19th 2014

This is the same old whining parent league only players do when the new leagues start. This is GGG's way of running an open beta!

Parent league players, you just got strongboxes, some of the invasion bosses and the FM content be happy with that.

If you want the new content then play in one of the new leagues, problem solved.

Like I say all the time GGG rewards dedication, the more you play their game the more you get out of it.

Great job GGG, keep going just the way you are. Listening to the player base, providing awesome new content and enjoying what you love.

(I am posting this with dates because I will use this again in 6 months when people start the whining again.)
Spoiler
IGN = EvaBolt
Last edited by Heliogabale on Aug 19, 2014, 9:42:18 AM
"
muhomorov wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:

I agree. I feel one should be able to experience everything the game has to offer if I choose to only play in Normal difficulty. For some unknown reason GGG likes level gating things like this. They did it with the Rogue Exiles(one could only be found in Act3 Merciless). I really hate it.

I´m not sure wether you are trolling or ... How is it a bad thing to gate content behind levels? That´s what every single game has done and will continue to do so. The deeper you get into the game, the better the rewards will get. It´s called game progression curve!

Please clarify! Because i can´t figure out how anyone would want to play in Normal difficulty ONLY (o.0). And i´m not even talking about a cartographer master not making ANY sense before Act 3 Merciless.

I dont troll.

Why cant you(and the others bagging me) see someone wanting to play only in Normal?

Cruel and Merciless isn't "new content" it is the same content, just harder. I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to run Maps on Normal difficulty, or Cruel difficulty or lastly Merciless if one wants the greatest challenge. Why not have Maps available in Normal difficulty?

I also feel it should be possible to get to level 100 just playing Normal...but that is another discussion. :-)
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
muhomorov wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:

I agree. I feel one should be able to experience everything the game has to offer if I choose to only play in Normal difficulty. For some unknown reason GGG likes level gating things like this. They did it with the Rogue Exiles(one could only be found in Act3 Merciless). I really hate it.

I´m not sure wether you are trolling or ... How is it a bad thing to gate content behind levels? That´s what every single game has done and will continue to do so. The deeper you get into the game, the better the rewards will get. It´s called game progression curve!

Please clarify! Because i can´t figure out how anyone would want to play in Normal difficulty ONLY (o.0). And i´m not even talking about a cartographer master not making ANY sense before Act 3 Merciless.

I dont troll.

Why cant you(and the others bagging me) see someone wanting to play only in Normal?

Cruel and Merciless isn't "new content" it is the same content, just harder. I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to run Maps on Normal difficulty, or Cruel difficulty or lastly Merciless if one wants the greatest challenge. Why not have Maps available in Normal difficulty?

I also feel it should be possible to get to level 100 just playing Normal...but that is another discussion. :-)

In short because normal is easy and has no risk. In order to do high level content there is risk(xp loss). You're asking for easy mode to be acceptable for the entire game and this is not that kind of game.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
Worst voice actor (or more like too obvious accent) but very interesting one. I doubt anyone would leave her out? Really hyped about discovering all those new possibilities !
Only thing at this point that you can do to make this expansion even better is to release it 24 hours early. :p Hit that button Chris.
"
Sachiko wrote:
Only thing at this point that you can do to make this expansion even better is to release it 24 hours early. :p Hit that button Chris.

+1!!! :D
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

GGG, you folks are amazing!

you pump out the content. you have an uber ethical monitization model. you art is amazing--despite what people write on line, idk what they are comparing it to, but they most def have no taste. and you are catering to a host of different play styles. just really impressive. your accessible, active in player discussions, care about our feed back, and somehow (perhaps you are gods, cuz it seems beyond human) put up with and sort through all the damn QQing about a kick arse f2p game that is really fabulous! well done! im impressed.

thanks for actually caring about the product your putting out here in the world. you do well. your passion shows. keep following your vision, you are doing excellent work. Bravo!

glad i found this game.

Cheers!!
I am the stone that the builder refused.
~~~~~

"
TheLoneliness wrote:
"
muhomorov wrote:
I just realized that GGG are the FIRST gaming developer in the history of gaming, who managed to properly implement player housing. Usually it only exists for role playing, but here it actually has a real impact on the game itself!

no they are not, lol.

Do you even quote, bro? It´s not that hard...

Also: Instead of providing a comment like you did, you might want to provide an example that proves me wrong. I haven´t seen a game that did housing properly! It´s always the same stupid role playing nonsense. In PoE it will be tide into the lategame, though.
Last edited by muhomorov on Aug 19, 2014, 10:39:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info