1.1.3 Deployed and Chris on this Week's State of Exile Podcast

"
t_golgari wrote:
I'm a bit sad right now.

GGG obviously planned all this: The changes to the rarity of the fragments, the changes to the rarity of the corrupted zones, more Vaal gems over time: The corruption spreads. Chris mentioned this in one of the first patch posts, but never again.

Through our (yes, I include me there) whining and complaining we actually destroyed any feeling of story arc, of instability, of change in wraeclast, up to the point that Chris doesn't even bother to mention it anymore, because everybody assumes it is a reaction to us complaining players.

Sure, gated content is actually a bad thing, but that was the idea: Make it hard at first, then make it more accessible later by having it explained and evolved around a story arc.

Yeah :(
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
I'm a bit sad right now.

GGG obviously planned all this: The changes to the rarity of the fragments, the changes to the rarity of the corrupted zones, more Vaal gems over time: The corruption spreads. Chris mentioned this in one of the first patch posts, but never again.

Through our (yes, I include me there) whining and complaining we actually destroyed any feeling of story arc, of instability, of change in wraeclast, up to the point that Chris doesn't even bother to mention it anymore, because everybody assumes it is a reaction to us complaining players.

Sure, gated content is actually a bad thing, but that was the idea: Make it hard at first, then make it more accessible later by having it explained and evolved around a story arc.

Maybe try communicating it next time instead of always being so vague?
=[
Last edited by korniz0r on May 2, 2014, 4:13:15 AM
"Make it hard at first, then make it more accessible later"

blizzard style : (

Well... we are mouses for your experiments...
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on May 1, 2014, 6:31:20 AM
"
RoyalStar wrote:
"Make it hard at first, then make it more accessible later"

blizzard style : (

Well... we are mouses for your experiments...

Well, considering the reception, I guess it wont happen again.

But to be honest, I don't know how else to do it to have a challenge for "pros" and hardcore gamer and still have all content accessible for all players. You could do tiers (but with different rewards that again would not be fair), or you can make it hard at first and easier later.
If they had hinted on that, maybe less people would have complained, idk.
"
GinSchiffer wrote:
Still waiting for Premium Stash UPGRADE Daily Deal.

+1. If I remember correctly, the last one was in January.
"
t_golgari wrote:
I don't know how else to do it to have a challenge for "pros" and hardcore gamer and still have all content accessible for all players.

The state of the game is the challenge is not for "pros" but for "trickers".
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
"
Chris wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
I'm a bit sad right now.

Honestly, I like that idea quite a bit. I didn't know about it, but had kind of recognized it to some degree; I just didn't know if it was intentional. But it is a really creative way to tell a story like that. My one criticism towards it would be that it should have been a little less vague. Some other people have mentioned that as well. But things like that are what set GGG apart from the other developers; creativity, ambition, etc, etc. The idea of telling a story like that is amazing. I definitely hope you guys keep coming up with ideas like that. Don't let our idiocy stop that.
Last edited by und3c1ph3r3d on May 1, 2014, 7:58:04 AM
Nice of you to join the podcast! I will definitely check it out!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Great!
Take care out there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info