1.1.3 Deployed and Chris on this Week's State of Exile Podcast

"
Chris wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
I'm a bit sad right now.

GGG obviously planned all this: The changes to the rarity of the fragments, the changes to the rarity of the corrupted zones, more Vaal gems over time: The corruption spreads. Chris mentioned this in one of the first patch posts, but never again.

Through our (yes, I include me there) whining and complaining we actually destroyed any feeling of story arc, of instability, of change in wraeclast, up to the point that Chris doesn't even bother to mention it anymore, because everybody assumes it is a reaction to us complaining players.

Sure, gated content is actually a bad thing, but that was the idea: Make it hard at first, then make it more accessible later by having it explained and evolved around a story arc.

Yeah :(

I almost never post but I will this time to give voice to a big player group out there that enjoys your rollercoaster ride of a game along with the changes.

Really enjoying the corruption story and the atziri fight is baller, well done!
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

So wings + seraph armour= Is this the direction POE really wants to go in? Did Russel find religion?

cheers

You do realise Seraph's are archangels right? They aren't copying anything from D2. Still, shit patch :D
Last edited by SnewpDoge on May 3, 2014, 3:08:13 PM
"
SnewpDoge wrote:

You do realise Seraph's are archangels right?

you do realise that this is not true? they are separate classes of angels. do your research before telling others they are wrong.
angels are based on the bible and often on religious fiction(as in stuff unsupported by the bible), and none of these regard Seraphim and Archangels to be the same thing.
of course, people can make up things like "they are the same thing" in their stories, but people could also say Dwarves were 2m tall on average and Elves died after 20 years. it's a common agreement that Dwarves are small and that Elves live long, just like Seraphs and Archangels not being the same thing.
hypeee
IGN ; DENTAGRAM
thanks to http://poe.xyz.is/
https://cldly.com/pathofexile/procument/acquisition/poexyz
The podcast is delayed by 1 hour because of technical difficulties. They will start with the live Q&A! Visit hegemonytv twitch channel for more information.
"
Chris wrote:
Yeah :(

If that was the plan all along to make it more and more accessible over time I sincerely hope you never use such a gating system again...that development style is one of the main things that made me abandon Blizzard games altogether.

It tells me as a player "Don't bother unless you want your time wasted". Especially when combined with the challenge system where you need to grind the gated content to complete them.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
FemtoZeta wrote:
"
SnewpDoge wrote:

you do realise that this is not true? they are separate classes of angels. do your research before telling others they are wrong.
angels are based on the bible and often on religious fiction(as in stuff unsupported by the bible), and none of these regard Seraphim and Archangels to be the same thing.
of course, people can make up things like "they are the same thing" in their stories, but people could also say Dwarves were 2m tall on average and Elves died after 20 years. it's a common agreement that Dwarves are small and that Elves live long, just like Seraphs and Archangels not being the same thing.

At what point did I say he was wrong? He was pointing out PoE copying D2 when they clearly aren't. If you want though, we can trade skype address's and measure dick size? Seems to be your main priority. And yes, they are the same thing, just different ranks.
"
SnewpDoge wrote:

At what point did I say he was wrong? He was pointing out PoE copying D2 when they clearly aren't. If you want though, we can trade skype address's and measure dick size? Seems to be your main priority. And yes, they are the same thing, just different ranks.

yes, you didn't say he was wrong, you can ignore that part. but apart from that I think you are missing the point of my comment. at no point did I want to "measure dick size". I simply wanted to correct your statement that Seraphs were Archangels. as you said yourself, they aren't of the same rank, so you should realise yourself that your statement
"
SnewpDoge wrote:

was wrong.

"none of these regard Seraphim and Archangels to be the same thing" and the last part of my last sentence was worded badly because "same thing" could also be interpreted as "angels" in this case, which both groups are. just "same" without "thing" would have been better.
Last edited by FemtoZeta on May 9, 2014, 6:34:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info