1.1.3 Deployed and Chris on this Week's State of Exile Podcast

Great update thanks GGG. Still waiting for Premium Stash UPGRADE Daily Deal.
I'm a bit sad right now.

GGG obviously planned all this: The changes to the rarity of the fragments, the changes to the rarity of the corrupted zones, more Vaal gems over time: The corruption spreads. Chris mentioned this in one of the first patch posts, but never again.

Through our (yes, I include me there) whining and complaining we actually destroyed any feeling of story arc, of instability, of change in wraeclast, up to the point that Chris doesn't even bother to mention it anymore, because everybody assumes it is a reaction to us complaining players.

Sure, gated content is actually a bad thing, but that was the idea: Make it hard at first, then make it more accessible later by having it explained and evolved around a story arc.
"
t_golgari wrote:
I'm a bit sad right now.

GGG obviously planned all this: The changes to the rarity of the fragments, the changes to the rarity of the corrupted zones, more Vaal gems over time: The corruption spreads. Chris mentioned this in one of the first patch posts, but never again.

Through our (yes, I include me there) whining and complaining we actually destroyed any feeling of story arc, of instability, of change in wraeclast, up to the point that Chris doesn't even bother to mention it anymore, because everybody assumes it is a reaction to us complaining players.

Sure, gated content is actually a bad thing, but that was the idea: Make it hard at first, then make it more accessible later by having it explained and evolved around a story arc.

Bull.
Shit.
A huge pile of it.
Right here.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Mifume wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
I'm a bit sad right now.

Bull.
Shit.
A huge pile of it.
Right here.

Mmmhhh. You're such a nice person, mind to proove me wrong?
Last edited by t_golgari on May 1, 2014, 4:48:09 AM
"
Mifume wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
I'm a bit sad right now.

Bull.
Shit.
A huge pile of it.
Right here.

i think it is nice to increase fragment rates... is there one patch out where everyone says "yes, thats great!!" without any complaining??? never seen dis since 1.0 came.
why not having some more trust to the ggg guys? i dont think they will destroy their baby as dramatic as you wrote :)
and what do you mean with story arc? they updated the main story part by part, i can not see any destroying feelings here...
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on May 1, 2014, 4:16:55 AM
"

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say o.O
"
ydrinkcoke wrote:
"

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say o.O

I'm trying to say that if we had been more patient with GGG, and would not have complained as much, it would still have come the way it did now. They even changed the loading screens, that must have been planned beforehand. We kinda ruined the storytelling patch by patch because we felt entitled to the whole thing right from the start.
Last edited by t_golgari on May 1, 2014, 4:51:19 AM
Great Patch, looking forward to the Podcast! :)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
really looking forward to the new podcast! BIG THANKS to Zeno and Hege for this awesome and informative feat! And this time with the Master himself....can't wait :)

Also: nice patch, specifically Vaal Haste sounds really fun!
"NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOU FROM ME!" - Diablo in his good old times...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info