I'D like to play the beta

Oh, my mistake - I'm new as well :)

If this upcoming beta is closed, what's this current beta being played right now by a select few?
The current build (the one a select few are playing, and the one reviewed by IGN) is an Alpha build. I'm sure somebody can hunt up precise definitions, but essentially an Alpha is an incomplete version of the game, with systems or significant content left to be added, whereas a Beta is a mostly-finished version of the game that still needs debugging, balancing, and polish.

For example, the World of Warcraft alpha test would be versions of the game where the level cap was 15 and you could only play human mages, paladins, or priests, or the level cap was 25 and you could only play undead classes. By the time the level cap was 50 and most/all classes were available, they changed it over to closed beta. By the time raids and all the instances were in, it became open beta.
That's right, people are playing an Alpha at the moment.

The beta that gets released in just over a week is still unfinished - I have to stress that it's only a shadow of how awesome the game will be by the end of the year. Having said that, we deem it ready enough to get feedback from a larger group of people!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Awesome! Thanks for clearing it up, I can't wait to see the ultimate finished product xD
"
Chris wrote:
That's right, people are playing an Alpha at the moment.

The beta that gets released in just over a week is still unfinished - I have to stress that it's only a shadow of how awesome the game will be by the end of the year. Having said that, we deem it ready enough to get feedback from a larger group of people!

Nice to see an update, Chris.
Wait a minute...

"
Chris wrote:
The beta that gets released in just over a week is still unfinished

"
Chris wrote:
beta gets released in just over a week

:D
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
I knew my alpha/beta description was off - I was a computer programming major for all of one semester before deciding it was too much work and switching to english, where I've been happily loafing off ever since... my college career makes Van Wilder seem like a disciplined and motivated academic. ;)
i would like to try the beta this will be a fun game against old highshool friends
Id want to play the Beta too, I hope to be of some good value to put some input during beta test. If I get through

Really like the Dark Scary scenary, look forward to play this in the dark room

and its free omg !!
I will not let these beast stand in my way!!!
I hope I will get a beta key, too! The trailers looks so cool! *hoping*
Last edited by quanshu on Jul 30, 2011, 11:14:14 AM
Are beta testers picked randomly?

Edit:
Nevermind, just read the FAQs :)
Last edited by Tsunobi on Jul 30, 2011, 12:09:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info