[Official] WINE info thread

Thank you!!
Here some results with ubuntu 12.04 + wine 1.5.3
3 days updater was running on my machine - still "checking files". Ok, too long to be around "2-3 hours", as it was written on wine AppDB page or on this forum.

"
sh winetricks vcrun2005

= result. Game installed successful, yaw!

Game start: Ocean cannot be rendered tl;dr. Black background. Low FPS. Ok.
Settings - turn everything off, set it to fullscreen mode.
FPS - better, black background - still exist, ocean render error - still. Ok.
Login - everything good, but.. wait. I typed character name and i need to choose a class? What? What a class? How can i choose it? Ok, i suppose it must me on this screen, but i see only a black background. Ok. Finally, i've found a point to select a Shadow, character was created. Awesome.
Loading. D3D vertex shader error, invalid call. Application closes.

redheady

WINE 1.4 works fine.
use this.
stop using 1.5.3
.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
redheady wrote:
Here some results with ubuntu 12.04 + wine 1.5.3
3 days updater was running on my machine - still "checking files". Ok, too long to be around "2-3 hours", as it was written on wine AppDB page or on this forum.

"
sh winetricks vcrun2005

= result. Game installed successful, yaw!

Game start: Ocean cannot be rendered tl;dr. Black background. Low FPS. Ok.
Settings - turn everything off, set it to fullscreen mode.
FPS - better, black background - still exist, ocean render error - still. Ok.
Login - everything good, but.. wait. I typed character name and i need to choose a class? What? What a class? How can i choose it? Ok, i suppose it must me on this screen, but i see only a black background. Ok. Finally, i've found a point to select a Shadow, character was created. Awesome.
Loading. D3D vertex shader error, invalid call. Application closes.

It is possible in wine-1.5.3 see my post:

"
Got it running! :)

System:
"
Debian Squeeze 2.6.32-5-amd64
wine-1.5.3 (with both patches applied from this thread)
AMD Turion X2 dual-core mobile technology (2,20GHz)
ATI Radeon HD 3400

I had some problems with the installation in the beginning, it did not actually install anything.
I then compiled wine-1.5.3 with both patches but there were still some errors.
What helped me then is removing (or renaming) the ".wine" folder.
Installation started but took quite some time at "Allocating Space".

Only tested it a few minutes but seems to run stable with some frame drops here and there. Had around ~40fps.

After I tested it with wine-1.5.3 I tried wine-1.4 and it seems to run more stable than wine-1.5.3 so I would suggest that you use wine-1.4.
ololol
"
apocolypse600 wrote:
Just as a heads up to anyone interested, there is way to get the sound working. Someone posted this on the appdb page:

"
To solve the audio freeze when using active skills I added openal32 native under winecfg libraries tab.

Thanks a lot! Works for me.
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
Je ne parle pas français.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
I'm not having any luck. Stock Fedora 16 1.5.2 wine setup, no dice. Installed fine and everything, didn't even take very long except for the allocating space thing that people are complaining about. But no dice at all running client.exe.

I did the vcrun2005 thing. No effect.

Removed all the wine packages from the box, downloaded the source for wine 1.3.35, applied all the suggested patches in this thread and complied, no dice. Same thing, just different fixme messages.

I kick off wine Client.exe, and I get a small window pop up for just a second, and...

wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x68010d95 at address 0xb77a9db4 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x68010d95 in 32-bit code (0xb77a9db4).

Same thing using 1.5.2 and 1.3.35. Totally clean .wine dir, I never use wine or anything windows. I don't even get to see what the client looks like, window won't even open before I just get a slew of "fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module" messages and then the page fault finally after about 30 seconds or so.

Can't seem to get around this. I guess next I'll try to find and install an older nvidia module? Running 295.49 currently.
Last edited by altphil on May 15, 2012, 12:04:29 PM
"
altphil wrote:
[…]

wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x68010d95 at address 0xb77a9db4 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x68010d95 in 32-bit code (0xb77a9db4).

Same thing using 1.5.2 and 1.3.35. Totally clean .wine dir, I never use wine or anything windows. I don't even get to see what the client looks like, window won't even open before I just get a slew of "fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module" messages and then the page fault finally after about 30 seconds or so.

Can't seem to get around this. I guess next I'll try to find and install an older nvidia module? Running 295.49 currently.

Don't know about the nvidia module but you can try to completely uninstall wine, then remove the .wine folder again and then compile wine-1.4.
This version seems to be more stable. Apply the patches if you want.
ololol
hmmm yeah
To get a key or not to... that is the question.
sweet thanks dude.
Definitely. I think that's always the case with ARPGS in general. Then again, that's just my personal preference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info