[Official] WINE info thread

"
apocolypse600 wrote:
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
Is anyone running it under wine having issues with the patch updates? I usually need to delete the content.ggpk and re-patch every time :(

I've had some issues patching, but nothing as bad as deleting the content.ggpk was necessary. Sometimes it'll crash a little way through, but when it starts up again it should pick up from where it left off. Last patch took me a few goes for it to work, but eventually it did.

It also throws up errors about "content.ggpk being unreadable" or something like that, but I just ignore those and it seems to work just fine.

I had to manually chmod +x my content.ggpk for the patcher/client to work. Was getting this error "Unable to get write access to file...Content.ggpk. You might have another copy of the game already running or the game may be in a read only directory."
getsby86 why are you compliling 32bit wine on a x64?

using x64 ubuntu 12.04, wine straight off repos (1.4) install went fine and so far everything a o.k, still windowing it. quite high resolution though (large screen). That is I'm not using window mode in wine just a smaller resolution than my native monitor so it appears windowed.
Latest Nvidia drivers as well (the recommended one).
not using the --nosound switch as for what ever reason the sound not working in game anyway. BUT game so far is faultless.
older nvidia card to i think 8600 rings a bell will confirm.
cheers
"
FKNKickass wrote:
@Getsby I find anything above 1.5.1 is laggy for PoE, and anything under 1.3 isn't supported.

I suggest using 1.4 for your version of wine. It will run incredibly well on 1.4

i can confirm this "incredibly well on 1.4
TheUnbeliever, i compiling Wine in VirtualBox on 32 bit and than install it in x64
Wine 1.4, slackware64-current - works great. Didn't bother with 1.5 wine versions though.
Any fresh info about that openal sound bug?
Wine- 35% to download until i can play :D
Arch Linux
wine 1.5.3 - with patchs is OP post.
nvidia: 295.49

Game run and works. But a long time waiting "loading screen" - problem.
It sure would be nice to have the sound crash fixed. I play --nosound when playing my witch, but I would prefer to have the music and sound effects.

Also, in order to party with any of my other characters, I need to disable sound as well, because the moment a part member shoots her wand... crash.

c'est la vie.
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
Je ne parle pas français.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
Last edited by eg0e on May 9, 2012, 11:19:33 PM
On the latest patch, the game ran, but the exe wouldn't update; I had to manually rename the client.tmp to client.exe (named the original to .old) and then it worked a charm.

Just thought I would throw that out there in case someone else runs into the same issue.
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
Je ne parle pas français.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
Just as a heads up to anyone interested, there is way to get the sound working. Someone posted this on the appdb page:

"
To solve the audio freeze when using active skills I added openal32 native under winecfg libraries tab.

Seemed to let me use my wand as a witch without crashing, but I couldn't test any of the bow skills. I had a few performance issues I don't remember having though, so I had to revert. My computer isn't very good though, so you might get better results. Also I'm using a rc version of 1.4, so I'll try using the full release of 1.4 later (as that seems to be the version people are recommending).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info