[Official] WINE info thread

hi, i cant get poe to work under ubuntu with wine. installing and patching went fine. but on loginscreen, i get the ocean water could not be rendered error and very low fps. i have got a Geforce7900GTO, latest ubuntu,wine,and nvidia drivers and grafic card is correctly identified in nvidia settings. i tried it out with a half broken 8800gt and it worked fine.
"
Krabat wrote:
hi, i cant get poe to work under ubuntu with wine. installing and patching went fine. but on loginscreen, i get the ocean water could not be rendered error and very low fps. i have got a Geforce7900GTO, latest ubuntu,wine,and nvidia drivers and grafic card is correctly identified in nvidia settings. i tried it out with a half broken 8800gt and it worked fine.

I'm not sure if it is the problem you are having but the newest Nvidia drivers in Ubuntu are broken for a lot of cards. Nvidia has acknowledged it and I assume we have to wait until they fix them and release a new version. I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and everything is running fine except that games don't work in wine anymore. The only thing different about this install is that it is using the new Nvidia driver so I'm assuming it just broke a lot of things right now.
"
discomfitor wrote:
This thread will contain info required to run Path of Exile in WINE.

AppDB page: <pending>

Tiny patch to shut up annoying d3d fixme warnings: here
mmap cache patch for WINE 1.3.X: here
This patch (written by me) implements a cache for open files to make sequential mmaps significantly faster. It works great for me but may not for you.
To use it, patch to the WINE source directory prior to compile. If you are not familiar or comfortable with building your own version of WINE, ignore this.
DO NOT ASK FOR WINE SUPPORT IF YOU ARE USING THIS PATCH.
DO NOT POST BUGS WHEN USING THIS PATCH.

EDIT: patch confirmed working with WINE versions .29 through .35

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To install:

"
wine msiexec /i /path/to/PathOfExileInstaller.msi

To run:

"
wine Client.exe

To run without sound:

"
wine Client.exe --nosound

Tip: If your game continually gets slower as you play, try setting your vm.swappiness to 100.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have played through the whole game (repeatedly) in 1920x1080 with ~70fps on a desktop with the following specs:
core2duo @ 2.40ghz (not overclocked)
nvidia 8800GT - linux driver v275.09.07
2gb DDR2 @ 1167mhz

My desktop is running kernel 3.0.4 (ck patchset) and Xorg v1.9.5 with latest SVN revision of Enlightenment DR17.

It's probably worth noting that I have the game sound disabled when I play, though I do have a sound card for hardware mixing. I also play with most post processing effects disabled.

Troubleshooting:
Linux nvidia v285.03 and above is BROKEN and will not work.

Lastly:
There are no known WINE-specific bugs in Path of Exile. Any issues you experience are either game bugs or the result of a poorly set up system.
can i win a beat key my kids has problems if u know what i mean and he wants this key
"
Krabat wrote:
can i win a beat key my kids has problems if u know what i mean and he wants this key
I NEED A KEY ROAR
"
MrFoxAlot wrote:
I NEED A KEY ROAR

$10 is pretty cheap.
"
jmackay wrote:
"
troublekid wrote:
this may sound really stupid... but what is WINE?

Wine is a program used to open Windows based apps on a Mac.

Hum..... not only on Macs!! You forget linux!
On a Mac, it's called CrossOver (Games)
want a betaaaaa key
want a beta so bad!!!!! diablo 3 beta sucked so hard!!!
"
smurf5ww wrote:
want a beta so bad!!!!! diablo 3 beta sucked so hard!!!

A beta key is only $10 away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info