Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

i did the maths and with the same tree and gear my Windripper (9.95% cc, 1.65 AS) procs coc about 11.7 times a second, whereas a quillrain would proc about 9.3 times.
So Windripper is about 25% more effective and you only need a bit more than half the mana.

And why would you even compare quill rain to chin sol and death's harp? noone would ever use either for a coc build; bad attack speed, bad crit chance.
IGN: BenTheBuilder
First of all Death Harp does have crit chance although not the 10 of a WR nor the attack speed. However, the question was raised is there less expensive alternatives, and all three of the ones I mentioned are less expensive. Of the three, the Quill Rain will give you the highest Crit Chance because of the shear number of projectiles it produces. Quill Rain also has Crit Chance of 5% so it's not like you're going from 0 to 10ish with the WindRipper.

That said...

I hit the magic 66... BYE BYE all other bows! WindRipper wins hands down!
Last edited by BrainCavity on Sep 9, 2014, 3:21:23 PM
EnerJ,

Could you give me some help please?

After I bought my windripper my damage still low, can you check my passive tree and my gear and give me some hints to improve my build?
Maybe something wrong with tree and gear?

Well, I'd appreciate fi you could give any hints in general about accuracy, crit chace etc.., I even don't have a fast clear speed at 66 maps and I die sometimes when soloing 68-70 maps, thats sad =(

My stats:
http://prntscr.com/4luz8n
http://prntscr.com/4lux0e

My Gear:
Spoiler

My Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QMeBbUGIwguCpsUdRa_GNsZjh9BIXYi6iP2JP0mlSchKgswcTB8MfoyATY9OdQ53TpCQ-dFfEp9S1dLeE2SUUdVS1b6W69eRWHiZ6BsjG1sb55v8nBSdvd3B3fXeOt_K4bOhxOHdonTjAuMNo19jb-QCpLzlciXl5smm42btZyknaqgn6R4r-uyGbQ4tUi5fMDjwTPB1cLswzrEospKzerPetN-1CPWit0N3aje-OSx5RnnCudU53To1uyw7YPvevGz8-r66_v1_MX-CQ==

Thanks!
Hey Marcio,

from the gear and the tree i expect you have very little life, for endgame you should have at least around 4k. I'd recommend you just follow the tree posted on the first page if you're having problems with yours, it's fairly close to your tree, so you don't need to spend too many refund points.

Your gear is not viable for endgame, it seems to me that you focused too much on crit chance (you only need about 75% without power charges) and neglected defenses, you have 0 life on your jewellry, obviously 0 life on your chest. If you can't get your hands on better jewellry right now then just craft some life on them via the crafting benches and buy better gear when you have the currency.

Also a huge problem are your resists, running endgame content without capped elemental resists (75%+) is not gonna work for any build, ever. If you can't get the resists on your gear you need to run purity of elements or one of the purities of the element that you're not capped on (fire, cold, lightning).

Regarding your clearspeed... I can't identify the problem from the information you've given me. If you think that your clearspeed is slow compared to that in the "build of the week"-vid, then yeah, obviously, but that's because spells scale really hard with the level of the gem, yours are 15-17, whereas the ones used in gameplay vids are usually between 19-21. So you just need to be patient and get those gems to higher levels.

If you have more questions you can also pm or add me ingame, hope I could help.
hi, I'm wondering how you guys approach single targets? like for instance dominus on map level 74 (residence)? I'm playing this build but I'm having hard time trying to get single boss down in reasonable amount of time. Any hints?
For those struggling to get a windripper, I can tell you that a quill rain does just fine for a CoC build.

Have a look at my guide if you want: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/951508/page/1

(Sorry for advertising, but seeing as this appears to be a common question, I couldn't think of a better way to prove that it works by showing a build).
"
ma4ti4 wrote:
hi, I'm wondering how you guys approach single targets? like for instance dominus on map level 74 (residence)? I'm playing this build but I'm having hard time trying to get single boss down in reasonable amount of time. Any hints?

Absolutely had no issue with single target including Dominus on residence map. What you should do is to use 'shotgun' technique that means come to mob at close range and then hit hard with 3 projectiles at once. Of course, if you have 'King of the Hill' then you will knock the mob back, that will require some movement involved in the combat but still its absolutely feasible. When Dominus starts to fire lightning projectiles you should just run around and again 'shotgun' him.
Last edited by ojejku on Sep 15, 2014, 1:33:22 AM
So considering how Windripper works, with this build you're getting both mf bonuses?
"
So considering how Windripper works, with this build you're getting both mf bonuses?

If you're using AB/Ice spear + Arc in your Coc-Setup, then yes.

Now, I really want to drop the EK-Setup because it's just a waste of a 4-link for me. Atziri's promise + Life on Kill makes killing Ele-reflect mobs completely harmless, as long as they don't have the immortality aura thing. Anyone have an idea what to put into that 4-link now? I already have a CWDT-setup and an Aura-setup.
Has anyone tried Atziri with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info