Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

"
alantrik wrote:
Considering Windripper is stupid hard to obtain right off the bat, how would using quill rain affect the overall dps until I acquire one?

It would probably be pretty bad. You'd have really high attack speed, but your crit chance would be awful. You'd rarely proc CoC and you'll do little to no damage.
I think crafting a Harbinger Bow would be the best budget option for the bow version of this build. The only rolls you need are Crit chance and attack speed, so even a blue bow with those stats would work.
IGN: BenTheBuilder
"
EnerJ wrote:
I think crafting a Harbinger Bow would be the best budget option for the bow version of this build. The only rolls you need are Crit chance and attack speed, so even a blue bow with those stats would work.

Doomfletch or Infractem are decent substitutes as well - esp Doomfltech as the extra stats are all useful at lower levels. I have two spare Doomfletch so I assume they're not too hard to come by
Last edited by covaruk on Sep 8, 2014, 8:34:47 AM
yeah, doomfletch is cheap, but it only has 7% crit chance whereas a crafted harbinger bow can easily have 8%+
EnerJ, Do you know if the wand Piscator's Vigil Tornado Wand is good for this build for those who can't afford windripper? The DPS difference is gonna be much more lower?
Seems like a decent option, I expect the damage to be a bit lower than with a windripper because of the lower attack speed, but I don't know how the Wand tree compares to the bow tree.

Also keep in mind that the "attacks with this weapon have x% increased elemental damage" does NOT affect the spells triggered by CoC! So it would probably be better to look for a wand with similar attack speed and crit chance but with something like +% spell damage or +% fire/ice damage and +% crit chance for spells.

But again, I'm not the right person to ask when it comes to wands.
I've done some tweaking to the build as well, and here is my version.

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAt9Y7KAOWbj1gQ4MJb56cpMpK8bOHE8M6S1d3B5u1wONTNSLqD6vo1ha_BbX_kyaVjb_UI7CSYeJRRzBxUdlVS-dUMHzdqIw2JP1_K419S3gTnv_e1op31yP2OkKkkTnUTZJ-M2_yXfKgnw5IcNVjQxGWidN_xgcecFKio5UuwfMPxPDVlSA7fI_6SVEtH7jK6_VMs2SdUDAEB66z8h3bXoPbQZZVxgVC0PU6WCycVa5Eq4-mghDfsG1sNj2dqmyMYqzssIwLuXwqC_Pq

It has less life than I'd like but this build also work with the quill rain variant of the build, which you can use with thief's torment until you can afford windripper. Eventually, when you get enough points to go grab the mana on hit node lower in the tree I'd recommend doing so, as well as the life/status resist nodes.
Last edited by kethion on Sep 8, 2014, 9:24:08 PM
About cheaper alternatives to Windripper I bought 2 bows for very cheap since I can't afford a Windripper they both have 9+ Crit chance. The attack speed is pretty bad, but I think it's not too bad.

Spoiler

Also,EnerJ, I was wondering what auras you're running. Are you running the same thing as Space or not? Also do you run either of the Heralds? I imagine Herald of Ash won't do much, but Herald of Ice is pretty good, no?
"
KillerKookie wrote:

Also,EnerJ, I was wondering what auras you're running. Are you running the same thing as Space or not? Also do you run either of the Heralds? I imagine Herald of Ash won't do much, but Herald of Ice is pretty good, no?

I'm running Grace, Purity of Ice (might change that one though) and Herald of Ice
"
KillerKookie wrote:
"
alantrik wrote:
Considering Windripper is stupid hard to obtain right off the bat, how would using quill rain affect the overall dps until I acquire one?

It would probably be pretty bad. You'd have really high attack speed, but your crit chance would be awful. You'd rarely proc CoC and you'll do little to no damage.

Umm.. Not exactly true especially for leveling. The number of projectiles flying around using a Quill Rain is RIDICULOUS! This increases your crit chance greatly.

I'm at level 63 and the Quill Rain crits nearly every time even without any power charges.

Try it out. I've tried Death's Harp and Chin Sol. The Quill Rain destroys them both when it comes to "proc"ing CoC.

MOST IMPORTANT THINGS FOR CoC:

1. Attack Speed
2. Accuracy
3. Crit Chance

#1 and 2 play a major role in #3. Low attack speed even with higher Crit Chance is a wash.
Last edited by BrainCavity on Sep 9, 2014, 12:28:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info