Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

Wooli -
I haven't really considered using LA. The 8 procs/crit with barrage is too good to give up.

As far as using concentrated effect - if you are really aiming for crazy dps, it would win out over arc. However, this build already does plenty of dps. I can 1 shot many 70+ map bosses solo. 74 vaal goes down in 2-5 seconds usually. From this standpoint any more dps is just overkill. Arc is great in its speed for clearing trash mobs that aren't directly in front of you, or around a corner or something. Also its frickin sweet to shoot 3 spells at once.

As a side note, putting in concentrated effect does not increase the tooltip dps, although it shows its linked and I'm pretty sure it is working.
You did your DPS calculation wrong. I only checked the Fireball one, but the others are probably wrong as well. How did you get 1.5k for fireball? When I did the math I got 3269/fireball not 1.5k which would give you 392k damage from fireball, not 180k.

Math:
393-590 (base) = 983 avg
32%(spell dmg) + 30%(ele dmg) + 36% (proj dmg) from tree + GMP gem
50% less from GMP
983 * (1+.32+.30+.36) * 0.5 = 973 * 3.36(crit mult) = 3269/fireball * 5 * 24 = ~392,000
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Apr 23, 2014, 6:11:46 PM
Dmillz - thanks for the info. I was just going by the tooltip dps on fireball with 5 power charges up, not aware that it was inaccurate. However, you skipped a step in your calculations - the 1st part, avg dmg, needs to be divided by 2 which you forgot. If you do that the dps is pretty close to my reported 1.5k per fireball. Thanks for checking though, there's a lot of figuring involved in CoC dps!
Oh jeez can't believe I forgot that haha, long day at work :(. Carry on!
IGN: Dmillz
Hi Space,

How are you doing for mana and against elemental reflects?

I primarily party, so found going a physical build with high base damage, auras and no spell modifiers works better for me; more consistent, good leech and less overkill.

I've been providing support for elemental builds in my thread for quite a while now, but it's such a different play style, I'm thinking I should direct people over here?
Feyith,

I've actually followed your build thread for a while, its one of the best guides out there so props for that! You have a wealth of great info for people!

Mana is no issue with the soul siphon cluster. Barrage uses 22 mana/ cast so its not bad. I run with one mana pot for bosses where there arent ads around to recharge mana on, and its never been an issue.

Reflect can be an issue for sure. If you look at my links i run a barrage / coc / chain / EK setup to handle ele reflect. So its only a problem if it catches me by surprise. I've oneshot myself a few times on strongboxes with +3 rares where i didnt check before nuking them, so I always check now. Also mobs that appear out of the ground can surprise you with ele reflect so be careful. Fighting one or 2 mobs under the effect of reflect is fine, but if I nuke a whole pack i will die almost instantly.

The one impossible situation is a double phys/ele reflect pack - I cant use EK or my main attack. This is rare, but if I see one solo i can pick them off slowly or just skip it.

DO NOT use windripper for a phys build IMO. It's a waste of its potential to try to get decent phys dmg on it. Thats actually the one issue I have with your build, is that you are getting a good amount of phys dmg nodes while using windripper. I'm sure it works, but if you really want to min-max with that bow I think the points are better spent elsewhere. IMO you also do not need any aura nodes. I run just purity and grace, and the only other node that would really be of any benefit would be haste, but that is marginal. No point in boosting those auras with passives. Again, the points could be better spent elsewhere.

The build doesn't really need any leech. The 1% cold from doryani's is nice and a quality of life thing, but not mandatory. With surgeons flasks and a high clear speed, I can heal exclusively from flasks pretty much. Because the nature of an Eva character is that you take a while in between big hits, you have plenty of time to recharge flasks in between hits.
Last edited by SpaceJanitor on Apr 26, 2014, 2:05:45 PM
Thanks for the props, man! :)

You're right. I've actually been experimenting with and without the aura clusters, and think I will end up dropping Charisma on all versions of my build. I still like the boost from Influence, since I change out auras a lot and enjoy the situational versatility. Will play around with that a little bit more.

Off-screen reflects is actually why I switched to Windripper. Even though Lioneye's is more efficient on paper, it does too much damage to take full advantage of. It's great for screenshot bragging, but not worth nuking myself in the face if I miss a beat on the potion mashing.

Windripper's hybrid damage is perfect for my weirdo build. I run Chain + EK + Fireball on my main attack. The fire leech is usually sufficient for either ele or physical.

Anyway, to each their own. Cool set-up, by the way! I love all the synergy you have going on! :)

Is the added Spell Dodge from boots significantly noticeable? I have a pair waiting for me in guild stash but would have to re-gear my resists around it first.
Last edited by feyith on Apr 26, 2014, 10:04:59 PM
Have you guys ever considered using
with your COC build? I mean im unsure if the % bonus to dmg is base on flat pierce chance but fireball/ek/arctic breath are all projectile. Meaning they get bonus damage from drillneck. Ill be respeccing to this very specific build when I get my hand on a cheap windripper on ambush. Im also aware that if it pierce=no chain but pierce is juust as good as chaining.

Im not sure it will works that good but I will let you know in a really near future how it ends up.
I did some playing around with a Pierce gem a while back and the insane amount of damage wasn't practical against reflects. Not saying you can't make it work; I just prefer the homing missile aspect of Chain and how it makes the individual hits smaller so you don't overkill yourself. (Like Space said, adding even more damage isn't really a priority on this build.)

It's an interesting play style change, though. And would work great for things like targeting those "allies cannot die" mobs.
Last edited by feyith on Apr 27, 2014, 2:30:42 PM
think you will be able to post any vid in the near future?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info