Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

single target skill is necessary for boss...u can take out chain after everything is cleared i gues. another recommendation is 4L for reflect map and tbh this can carry u into 70 maps alone. that barrage ek chain LL. (use cheapo coc implicit glove or hood)

[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Hi Space,

I am currently playing a quill rain COC build almost identical to yours. I've been using the exact same 6L, and our skill trees are nearly identical except that I started Scion and have more early scion nodes and less early shadow and ranger nodes.

I've started saving up a chunk of Exalts, and I was wondering your opinion on whether getting a Windripper was really worth the price for this build. It seems like Quill Rain has double the attack speed, and Windripper has double the crit.

Have you tried your build with Quill Rain? Is there a large dps difference, and is it worth all that currency?

-pOpprocks
I know you're not talking to me, but Space seems to have moved onto a Thor build.

There is a *HUGE* DPS difference compared to Quill Rain, since the proc rate is the same to more consistent (guaranteed crits at a little faster than half the attack speed) and the base damage is way higher. This also allows you to take off Thief's and spend fewer passive skill points on crit nodes.

Whether that's worth the extremely steep price or not is a different story and only you can decide.

A cheap, in-between option is Doomfletch.

Those are only a couple of chaos if you're just looking to see how a higher damage, higher crit bow would treat you.
Last edited by feyith on May 10, 2014, 5:45:30 PM
Popprocks - Feyith is correct in that windripper is a far superior bow for this build compared to quillrain. The only time quillrain is better is if you're using EK in your coc setup, because the increased projectile speed will apply to EK and is a big bonus.

However, windripper isnt cheap and a quillrain will do pretty well also. Main issue as i see it is mana cost with such a high attack speed.
hey! I wanted to say I really enjoy this build!!

Heres my gear:

Any tips? Things to change? Also, I'm struggling a little in group play on single target DPS. Should I just be trying to shotgun mobs? My gems are fresh as I converted over to this build, so I just bought cheap ones.
If you have trouble shotgunning single targets, try Barrage + EK without Chain.
I dont see your amulet? Anyone know what ammy he uses?
IGN: Melo_mania
Would this skill tree work for quill rain or lioneyes? Windripper bit expensive.
Sorry I've been tied up in Real Life stuff for a bit guys. I edited my amulet onto the main post, its a +1 curse ammy with life and res and crit multi which is pretty nice, cost me 20 chaos at the start of the league, I think something like that now would be multiple ex. If thats not feasible for you, a doedre's ring will work just fine too for that extra curse.

There's been some talk about a single target skill. You really dont need it. That main 6l attack will absolutely shred single targets as well as groups. I do have a "secondary" attack, which is a CoC setup with EK - but this is only to deal with ele reflect mobs.

Questions about this tree using a different bow: its not really ideal. You will have a hard time getting the attack speed AND crit chance that make this build so effective on a rare bow. The only other contender is quillrain, but you would want a whole different setup for that, possibly including thief's torment ring to deal with the huge mana cost of attacking so fast (it has +mana on hit).

Realistically you will not get very good results with any bow other than windripper. It really is in a class of its own as far as the attack speed and crit chance are concerned. You could use a well rolled harbinger while you save up for a windripper, but I would not view it as an endgame solution.

Hope that answers any questions, glad you guys are enjoying the build!

edit: slipdik your gear is fantastic! Jelly of that 6l chest armor, not gonna lie. Your dps is going to increase A TON with lvl 20 spell gems, so just keep on grinding them out. With my setup I can wipe 74 map Vaal in 2-5 seconds. Single target wont be an issue with higher lvl gems.
Last edited by SpaceJanitor on May 20, 2014, 8:17:00 PM
what is a good level to switch to this build, or atleast what level does this build start to shine? rightnow im using a death harp with rats rest, an dont crit too often, an even when i do it doesnt clear a pack. Level 55

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info