1.1.2 Patch Notes

"
BldSwtTrs wrote:
Chris, the evangelist nerf is understandable, but the smoke mine nerf is completely unreasonable. There is no reason you should take away utility/easy of life from a build. Smoke mine is what made summoners playable imo. Being able to save your spectres and minions is HUGE. Playing a summoner is going to be a huge headache.

When I read patch notes these days, more often than not it seems as though GGG doesn't actually play their own game. At least not in the sense that it's meant to be played "hardcore". This is extremely evident in your balancing and nerfing. Nerfs often kill builds, this shouldn't be the case. And balancing seems to be quick, dirty, and over/under tuned.

On a side note, I don't even like playing summoners. But the smoke mine ability made the build, once snap shoting is gone the build will be all but dead.

I'll show you a gleaming example of this. Clearly whoever is making unique items does not understand the full potential of certain builds. Windripper is by far the best elemental bow in the game, infact the DPS one can achieve is similar if not surpassing that of a PERFECT mirrored bow. On top of that it has added rarity and quantity stats. How exactly does this slip past those designing uniques? they clearly don't understand elemental builds very well. The second I saw that bow, I knew ppl would be running around with 30k+ potential split arrow.

I do enjoy items that inspire builds, build design is the only reason I play the game. But if your intentions is to keep uniques on a lower tier than rares, you really fucked up with that bow. And it was glaringly obvious. Not to mention split arrow and bow builds have the most efficient and quickest clear speed in the game, by a decent margin.

Meanwhile you continue nerfing builds based around whatever the flavor of the month is. Take a different approach, this method kills player retention. If you make a league that pigeon holes people, you should expect to see one build rise to the top. Experiment with one week races, nerf between leagues, and make sure you REALLY understand the psychology of hardcore, before you add a bunch of one shot boss's and kill your league.

Well said +1

Very disappointing Chris.
"
Chris wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
Fix Sacrifice At Midnight drop rate, please.

This is in the patch notes!

One day people will read them before posting.

/hopeful
Kinda disappointed about the Smoke Mine change to summoners seems really uncalled for and I don't even really play summoners.
2spooky4me
no ball lightning gem? disappointing, i was under the impression it was being added in this patch. also, a pvp specific gem and pvp specific balance change.. now all we need is pvp to go along with these and were good to go.
Last edited by Maximus_X on Apr 7, 2014, 2:54:21 AM
-Undying Evangelists now appear less frequently within their packs.
-Undying Evangelists' Proximity Shields have a shorter duration, and they use it less often.
-Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.

Rolled my first ever summoner yesterday. Looks like I can delete it :P
only thing i'm worried about with the arc/arctic breath buffs is mobs that use them suddenly hitting like trains ie the arc mages which already hit relatively hard on cruel/merc thanks to their ability to shockstack like no other.

also no love for sweep/frost wall? those are both pretty much unused and lets not forget shock nova and frost nova shock for its dead-zone and frost because it hits like a decrepit 2 year old

definitely looking forward to glacial cascade though will have to see how it pans out hopefully it doesnt become the fotm and get nerfed into the ground
"
Maxsheld wrote:
"
DLKY wrote:
I really don't agree with the changes to smoke mine, minions tend to get stuck or go down the wrong corridor and having them to reposition was a real pain before smoke mine. Unless there has been an improvement to minion path finding or a better way to control/direct them, the gems functionality should stay as is.

This.

+1

Back to running (mostly) outdoor maps. Otherwise it's half of the minions staring at imaginary paintings on adjacent corridors, ignoring all enemies attacking them.
"
Psyborg wrote:
Woooooooo Arc!!!

My only issue is with checkpointing. I like how you have to "wager" a portal if you arent confident, or else risk having to run from another waypoint. If you forget to open a portal, it's your own fault. I just feel like checkpointing will add an element of laziness. You wont even have to quick-click a portal if youre corpse-zerging dominus, although for me personally corpse-zerging is its own shame...

Im being serious and honest though, it just seems like something an "easy" game would do. Maybe if Merciless didnt have it? After all, checkpoints to res in the same area seem pretty merciful...

I don't really care about plebcore modes, but I agree with you... players in merciless should have a good understanding of the game and they also probably like it.

This was more than likely designed to prevent people from early quitting in the early stages of the game
Nice nerf patch .... sigh ggg good thing ftl made a update something to play.
way to fuct smoke mine. what was it "people are using this skill.... a aa a kill it."
???????????

Last edited by JcFreak on Apr 7, 2014, 2:27:39 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
Fix Sacrifice At Midnight drop rate, please.

This is in the patch notes!

One day people will read them before posting.

/hopeful

oh rly? we already had 'fragment drop rate fix for less frequent fragments' and you know what? change from 0.1% to 0.2% while is '100% MORE' means little..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info