No gender selection?!

"
metamag wrote:
"
Septile wrote:

Well there is how Dungeon Siege 3 is terrible and shamed the previous games by being so bad.

You are talking out of your ass.

Incredibly clueless.

luckily you havent found this yet I belive

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/717
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
I also want gender choice. And the whole "resources unavailable" just bodes quite bad.
I like what I know/see so far, but important things that are left for "a future update" are unacceptable. I have seen this in so many failed games that I can't even remember them all.
GGG, just push the release back a bit and deliver a polished game.
You should know that the first impression is THE MOST important.
Last edited by BTrayaL on Jul 25, 2011, 7:58:20 AM
"
BTrayaL wrote:
I also want gender choice. And the whole "resources unavailable" just bodes quite bad.
I like what I know/see so far, but important things that are left for "a future update" are unacceptable. I have seen this in so many failed games that I can't even remember them all.

I'snt GGG a small indie group though?
If so, Id say its quite understandable FFS D:<
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
Last edited by anderdouche on Jul 25, 2011, 8:34:10 AM
"
BTrayaL wrote:

Except leaving no gender selection is a deliberate choice that several developers make for their games, indie or not. And I prefer it that way, because I'm never able to care about the story of games that provide gender selections for all characters because the characters just don't feel unique.

And gender selection is a completely superficial feature, it has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a game is polished.

Also I take it you haven't heard of League of Legends? They have so many incredibly important features to their genre that are left to a future update, but they're still extremely successful.
"
BTrayaL wrote:

you do realize GGG started as a small indie group of 3 peeps who wanted to make a ARPG, later then grew to... what is it now.. 12 people?

They are self published, do you understand how that works? Sometimes you just cant push up a release if you dont have any money. They need to eat and sleep too you know
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
"
wakko wrote:
you do realize GGG started as a small indie group of 3 peeps who wanted to make a ARPG, later then grew to... what is it now.. 12 people?

By contrast Diablo 3 easily has over a hundred people working on it. I'm sure if GGG had that many people, they'd be happy to add gender selection to the game.
Forum Sheriff
Well, if at least they would allow gender selection for cash, I would still be happy.
It didn't bothered me at all in Diablo 1, tbh, but dunno, I'd like it here.
Anyway, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but just a bonus.
I would like to be able to use the character models with eachother's classes at least, a witch look that has Marauder capabilities! I'd play the hell out of her! It is as simple as Titan Quest made it: Gender is Ascetic (non-gameplay impacting but a choice of preference), and ALL of the CHARACTER MODELS so far LOOK INCREDIBLE, I WOULD LIKE TO MIX AND MATCH ABILITY SETS WITHIN THE CHARACTER MODELS... It would be EASY for them to do this I believe rather than just creating a male/female of EVERY "CLASS" use their models to create unique characters that represent the player's desires, release more models, hair colors and skin tones later... It would be easier than a lot of people make it sound.

Character Creation Basic Steps:
1: Choose a character model
2: Name Character
3: Choose Character "Class"
4: Select hair and skin tones (Changeable later with updates/market purchases).
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
"
cybrim wrote:
I would like to be able to use the character models with eachother's classes at least, a witch look that has Marauder capabilities! I'd play the hell out of her! It is as simple as Titan Quest made it: Gender is Ascetic (non-gameplay impacting but a choice of preference), and ALL of the CHARACTER MODELS so far LOOK INCREDIBLE, I WOULD LIKE TO MIX AND MATCH ABILITY SETS WITHIN THE CHARACTER MODELS... It would be EASY for them to do this I believe rather than just creating a male/female of EVERY "CLASS" use their models to create unique characters that represent the player's desires, release more models, hair colors and skin tones later... It would be easier than a lot of people make it sound.

Character Creation Basic Steps:
1: Choose a character model
2: Name Character
3: Choose Character "Class"
4: Select hair and skin tones (Changeable later with updates/market purchases).

Well... You can kind of do this.
Just don't expect building a strength Witch to be very effective. The aesthetics of the classes matches the kind of characters you'd expect them to be.

The Marauder is huge and muscular so of course you expect him to be able to dish out a ton of damage and also take a lot of damage.

The Witch is small and obviously frail looking, but is adept with magic so she is good with dealing a ton of damage to a lot of enemies but can't take damage for shit.

Nothing stopping you from building either one completely different than what they appear to be. It'll just be extremely challenging.
Which is why I suggested this method anyways it wouldn't be that hard to code and characters will be more unique.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info