No gender selection?!

Hi, I was really surprised how this game has way better graphics, effects and animations than Diablo 3 but are you seriously telling me that each class has a fixed gender?

That simply won't do, even in Dungeon Siege 3 playing as a female character was a total immersion breaker, I didn't even bother with them.

Please make male gender available for all classes(most gamers are male anyway, especially with RPG).
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 31, 2013, 12:41:49 AM
Maybe in a future update but this isn't planned for anytime in the near future. Sorry. Adding in the missing genders would basically require the same amount of work as doubling the number of classes in the game. Custom character models, animations, equipment models, etc.
Forum Sheriff
GGG plans on supporting Path of Exile for 10 years. Gender selection may be something they plan to add in the future, but we need to keep in mind that this is a small independent development team with limited resources. If the game has success, they will have more resources to work with.
Like others have said I think it's mostly an issue of resources. It takes a hell of a lot of modelling and animation to get a new gender of a character in the game. Not to mention things like armour models which would need to be modified or redone.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
no,there is not gender selection ,and maybe its better like that
That's very bad, 2 of my favorite classes are female, ranger and mage(witch) which means I won't be playing them.

I don't understand why you have to put female characters at all when most of gamers are male. Don't you understand how silly and immersion breaking that is? Do you even know what the RPG acronym stands for?

"
metamag wrote:
That's very bad, 2 of my favorite classes are female, ranger and mage(witch) which means I won't be playing them.

I don't understand why you have to put female characters at all when most of gamers are male. Don't you understand how silly and immersion breaking that is? Do you even know what the RPG acronym stands for?

Think about what you just said. Now imagine what would happen if a female player comes along and all the characters are male. It would be absolutely insane to exclude a potential 50% of your userbase like that.

Also RPG doesn't mean you have to be the same gender.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
hmmm I think the problem I have with this is that all the melee classes seem to be male and all the range classes female.....

seems a bit, unimaginative.
Yeah. I've played plenty of games with gender lock though, so I'm not really bothered by it. I see my character in an ARPG as "my character" rather than as myself.
"
metamag wrote:

GREAT TROLL POST. PLEASURE TO READ. A+++ WOULD READ AGAIN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info