Ambush Atziri competition has concluded. Invasion is still going!

"
Boem wrote:
Copy pasta from other thread

Spoiler

"
Will GGG say anything about the countless wasted hours trying to go for the first 50 atziri kills on ambush by people who were playing stun/ignite/freeze builds prior to atziri character information becoming public?

Basically this challenge was the epitome of your game : RNG.

Don't utilize stun : Check

Don't utilize freeze : check

Don't utilize burn : check

you can now call your build a viable atziri killer.

My problem is not even with the fact she is imune to all these status ailments, but with the fact this was kept a secret before the challenge started.

Wp GGG, wasted my 1 week off on a stun character to try and go for the challenge. Needles to say i was dissapoint when i reached lvl 75 on day four and saw the video with "unwavering" on Atziri.

I think i saw a mental "Fuck you" middle finger from you chris. Thanks for releasing this info pre-challenge creating a true challenge based on creative counter design by players instead of RNG based build viability.

Still love the challenge and hope more will come, but i hope you guys learn something from this mistake, since you shafted a whole lot of players who put a lot of effort in this challenge to just get a big "Fuck you" from GGG 4 days in the challenge.

Peace
-Boem-

Enjoy.

Huh? We knew she was immune to status ailments straight out of the gate. The first in game image of her showed those immunities on like day 1 or 2.
"
Huh? We knew she was immune to status ailments straight out of the gate. The first in game image of her showed those immunities on like day 1 or 2.

You mean after i reached level 65? Thank god that i didn't waste my time pushing on the first 2 days.

Edit : i also find your statement highly unlikely since the first atziri kill in standard happened on day 3 of the release. After which i was informed by a guildmember my planned atziri build was a fail. GGWPNORETHX.

Anyway my point is still valid, the implementation of this challenge was poorly handled by GGG and a dice-roll decided the winners.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 18, 2014, 2:14:54 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"

You mean after i reached level 65? Thank god that i didn't waste my time pushing on the first 2 days.

Edit : i also find your statement highly unlikely since the first atziri kill in standard happened on day 3 of the release. After which i was informed by a guildmember my planned atziri build was a fail. GGWPNORETHX.

Anyway my point is still valid, the implementation of this challenge was poorly handled by GGG and a dice-roll decided the winners.

Ehhhh, you blame GGG for not being able to kill atziri in the first 4 days of ambush league while a ton of invasion players keep dying to random bosses and are not even able to get a damn fragment piece?

Crazy world we live in.

"
Boem wrote:
"

To be honest, I'm quite certain that there was a press pic of Atziri showing that she was imun to stun/status alignments days before the new leagues launched.
"
Ehhhh, you blame GGG for not being able to kill atziri in the first 4 days of ambush league while a ton of invasion players keep dying to random bosses and are not even able to get a damn fragment piece?

Crazy world we live in.

Get your fact's straight, i am saying this challenge was poorly implemented.

It's like having a person throw a dice mid-way the challenge and if he hits 1/2/3/4 you are safe and can continue to compete for the challenge.

If he rolls 5/6 you are out, bummer, L2Pscrub.

Very challenging bro.

Edit :

"
To be honest, I'm quite certain that there was a press pic of Atziri showing that she was imun to stun/status alignments days before the new leagues launched.

Release info regarding queen Atziri

Atziri, Queen of the Vaal
The narcissistic Queen Atziri plunged the Vaal civilisation into a dark age of sacrifice and terror almost two thousand years ago. Millions died due to her obsessive pursuit of eternal youth, a pursuit that brought about a cataclysm that ended the Vaal civilisation overnight. But Atziri herself still lingers in a nightmare realm that is starting to leak back into the land of Wraeclast. Now, as the queen rises again, her corruption spreads throughout Wraeclast. Queen Atziri must be defeated.

While most of the Sacrifice of the Vaal content is layered throughout the entire Path of Exile experience, the final encounter with Queen Atziri and her minions is designed for high-level characters and requires a lot of skill to complete. In order to gain access to Atziri's lair, you must collect fragments from Vaal-influenced areas throughout Wraeclast. When combined in the Map Device, six portals to the Apex of Sacrifice are created. We're not spoiling details of what this fight is like, but there are multiple sets of deadly bosses to fight through before you face Queen Atziri herself.

Yes clearly this has information regarding the immunity to what i consider 10% of the viable endgame builds. And 10% might not sound much, only Chriss himself knows how many people he wasted the time of during the first 4 days of the release.

Again i don't care that i could not compete, and many others just like me who got shafted.

My concern is that if it is not talked about now that it will happen again.

So stop all this bashing in my direction and take it at face value. The implementation of this challenge was lacking.

For example, i have 31 theory-crafted builds in my path of exile tree planner. If i had known this upfront i could have picked out of 26 other builds i drafted to compete for the challenge that did not involve stun mechanics or burning.

Edit2 : just went over all the release post's prior to launch and the last ones on launch day. No mention what so ever about these immunity's on queen atziri.

Just straight up RNG to compete or not.

I would expect a challenge to involve making decision based upon data in order to ensure victory. Not a big FU 4 days in the league.

But that's just me.
Last edited by Boem on Mar 18, 2014, 3:04:25 PM
gz guys! gz ggg!
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
"
duckfluffed wrote:
Please make it so that the SC Atziri killers cannot apply their cosmo effects in a HC league.

little-man syndrome much?

I think it's a fair suggestion... If many more HC players who are some of the most respected players in PoE for their skill decided to invade Ambush at launch, much of the Top 50 would have gone to them in my opinion. The exclusively-SC players would be complaining about it. Instead, many of the most skilled and dedicated stuck with the HC league and may in fact never get a kill and thus now no reward. If it's not exclusive by league, what's to prevent that "exploit" from happening in the future? I'm assuming some HC players did just that and ended up in the top 50, while their peers are still trying to do it without a death. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying HC > SC, it's merely personal preference, but that preference should be relevant and your character should reflect your choices. As has been mentioned before, if there's a way to sneak into the top ranks then some people will take every short cut available. That said, GGG always learns from these events and I think it was a great start and regardless if some people feel someone snuck into the Top 50. In my opinion it wasn't without effort regardless of their build or level or whatever; it's part of the game to do what works. I'm confident GGG will fine tune this kind of process over time and the criteria will be just a little different next time.
It is flat out impossible for any difficult end game boss to be 100% equally challenging for any build. If it was, it'd be too easy for everyone.

I am nowhere near being able to kill Atziri. Great contest and gratz to those who have killed her.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
It is flat out impossible for any difficult end game boss to be 100% equally challenging for any build. If it was, it'd be too easy for everyone.

I am nowhere near being able to kill Atziri. Great contest and gratz to those who have killed her.

You are missing my point, if that was directed at my post.

Atziri does not have to be balanced equally for all builds. but when she is 100% immune to some core builds in the game i would expect some sort of heads-up prior to the challenge.

I don't expect GGG to remove these immunity's or any of that bullshit, the queen is perfect the way she is. But when it comes to the challenge and it's implementation, not revealing this information basically put 10% out of the competition before it even got going.

with a little bit of FU with it in terms of wealth invested in a char that is unable to compete and a 72 hours push wasted.

Boss(fight) is fine, challenge implementation sucked balls. That's my point.
"
ocknon wrote:
Invasion is never going to happen methinks.

Oh, it will. Don't forget: Ambush's big advantage is that death doesn't mean you have to start over, unlike Invasion.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info