Ambush Atziri competition has concluded. Invasion is still going!

"
Yesu wrote:
I don't think those special reward for this achievment is a good idea. All players aren't set on equal footing. The competition is biased from the start.

So, what should other runners complain about before running against Usain Bolt at the Olympics?
"
Brutus21 wrote:
so, how many of those people were ranged builds, and how many were melee builds?

also, how many people were either spectral throw or righteous fire?

how many people got carried by their friend(s) ?

I decided to make a melee character for this league, and what i heard is that it's almost impossible to complete (that challenge) in the top 50 as a melee character. I pretty much got an auto-disqualification on day one when i decided to make a melee character... pretty lame challenge...

I'd like to see an infographic much like the one produced for one week Nemesis.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
invasion is getting close haha thats one kick ass joke. please tell us how many people killed atziri on perm HC mode so far !?
Congrats to the winners! I had hope at first until I realised the other two pieces besides Dusk and Dawn are ultra rare.
"
Xendran wrote:
Atziri is not even close to difficult if you have enough movespeed once you actually get to her. Most of these invasion players are probably dying before they get to Atziri.

Like honestly, Atziri is no different than soloing vaal: If you know what to do and have enough MS, you will only die to desync, misclicks or intoxication.

This man speaks the truth.

For those that were here in closed beta, remember how scared people would get about fighting Vaal? How about Piety? How many people ripped to Dominus when Act 3x was released? No one except new or under-geared players struggle with those bosses now because the fights are well-known.

It's pretty much going to be the same with Atziri. Once you know the fight, once you know everything that will happen, it becomes an exercise in positioning and patience.
"
unsmith wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
Atziri is not even close to difficult if you have enough movespeed once you actually get to her. Most of these invasion players are probably dying before they get to Atziri.

Like honestly, Atziri is no different than soloing vaal: If you know what to do and have enough MS, you will only die to desync, misclicks or intoxication.

This man speaks the truth.

For those that were here in closed beta, remember how scared people would get about fighting Vaal? How about Piety? How many people ripped to Dominus when Act 3x was released? No one except new or under-geared players struggle with those bosses now because the fights are well-known.

It's pretty much going to be the same with Atziri. Once you know the fight, once you know everything that will happen, it becomes an exercise in positioning and patience.

This is very true, once you know the fight it is alot easier than just doing it the first time. But, there is also the part where she just dumps like 50 storm calls on you, that is equivalent to about 50 vaal smashes happening simultaneously all over the room. Much diferent from just a single vaal smash or even 2 vaal smashes. The learning curve for Atziri is much higher than vaal, but achievable.

I have killed her 4 times, the first 2 times I died, but the last 2 times I did it flawlessly, not a single death. Just need to learn her rhythm and play towards avoiding everything and getting damage in when you can. The one biggest thing that kills people is that, they are scared of her split phase and want to kill her ASAP so she can go back to single form. But it is counter productive to just try to burn her down and just die in the process.
I like Apples!!!

★ Master Crafting Service ★ Level 8 Elreon, Tora, Vagan, Cata, Haku, Vorici ★ Level 5 Leo ★ Level 8 craft - 10c ★ Multiple level 8 Crafts - 20c ★ Rest are free, donate if you wish to donate it helps me out ★ Thread: 1519129 ★ Vouches Appreciated ★
Last edited by AppleEater on Mar 18, 2014, 6:58:49 PM
"
fadekill wrote:
Well, I would like to see statistics on failed attempts in invasion. And I'm really looking forward to see Atziri kills in Invasion, too.

"
AmbushRacer wrote:
i feel like this challenge was like uber tristam in diablo 2 : if u decided to make something else than a smiter, well good luck being able to complete it.. and forget being able to complete it first

Well, Smiter was obviously the best because you had 100% hit chance, which made life leech from draculs extremly safe. However, Frenzy/Zeal could deal with it pretty well but required better gear. But in the end, it was possible for a lot of builds. Even melee sorcs could do it. And there was a 8 man group from indiablo beating UT with iron man rules (naked, HM).

To be honest, I think players may figure out specific builds to kill hear safely.

Yeah but good luck being able to kill the ubers with a sorceress in a time-based challenge. It's impossible. But, if lucky enough were you to make a smiter without knowing what the ubers were, well, congratulation ! You're the winner
IGN : MySecondBestiary
"
AmbushRacer wrote:
45 out of 50 kills were spectral throw or melee spellblock.

Ah well I mean nobody ever plays REAL spellcasters(aside from EK) so it's not like anyone had the opportunity to attempt this impossible-for-casters fight anyway.

This is not accurate in the slightest. There were RF builds and Cyclone builds that were able to do it pretty easily.

The biggest strategy was relying on mobility. Every fight in the Apex practically required you to be able to be moving 90% of the time. If you relied on a slow moving tanky character, you would have a very hard time unless you were able to get 95 fire res or above.

I have a guildy that could not do it with a facebreaker Infernal Blow Spell Block build. Direct melee attacks with melee splash had an extremely difficult time during the add phase of the Atziri fight unless they had ridiculous dps. My guildy had 20k unbuffed dps at the time and couldn't kill the adds in time. However, a Cycloner swapping an AoE gem in an out made quick work of the adds by cycloning back and forth on Atziri.

Honestly, the only reason Ele ST builds were able to do it is due to the high movespeed and attack speed allowing them to kite and dodge everything with ease. One of my guildies did it solo as Ele ST, but he was very lucky as he was on 10% life when he killed her and he used every portal. Without proper mobility and a decent attack range, the fights are very difficult.

CI builds also would have a hard time do to the constant damage preventing ES recharge. The only way I could see a CI build doing this fight is with high dps, good life leech, and mobility. Even the trash is a pain due to the room being flooded with sparks. You just get constantly shock stacked and your ES will never recharge even with pro dodging skills.

I had to rush past the trash because I am CI VP Reave. Even with the help of s friend and research of the fights, it took 4 times opening the Apex to get 5/5 down. I had no hope doing it as reave because it is not a good skill for mobility/kiting. You have to stand still building up your stacks only for them to keep falling off everytime you need to move(which is pretty much 90% of the time).

I had to chrome my gear to run as ST and get damage auras over my defensive auras because the damage difference of reave and ST is nutty. I even had dual wands on swap with power siphon to cull.

Edit: I know many people who are playing casters right now because EB MoM is really strong. My other guildy is a Fireball EB MoM build and he was the first one in our guild to be able to down the Crematorium boss Magaera. << This boss is one of the highest damage dealing map bosses in the game and I dare not try her without getting more ES or Rise of the Phoenix.

Magaera requires a bit of mobility, but I'm not sure if my guildy could have done the Apex solo due to his cast speed not being very good in comparison to an Ele ST build's APS/movespeed.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
Last edited by Sodomee on Mar 19, 2014, 6:12:34 AM
I do agree with most people in that a Challenge should be depicted as either Group or Solo, with two separate Rewards and two separate brackets.

separate bracket challenges please.

Solo Atziri kill (Top 50)

Group Atziri kill (Top 50)

Last edited by arbitor on Mar 19, 2014, 7:42:51 AM
38th after 3 tries, not too shabby, i thought i wasn't going to make it in. Gratz to all the other winners. Can't Wait to see what our microtransaction looks like.

p.s I did it solo as an RF build with 7.6k hp and over 900 hp regen
Last edited by Dandanvapor on Mar 19, 2014, 7:48:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info