Ambush Atziri competition has concluded. Invasion is still going!

"
Boem wrote:

But let's imagine for a moment that atziri had a property

"does not receive elemental damage from aura"

Woopty do, there goes all his effort and he can forget about an attempt. (4days in the league you wont catch up for 50 first)

I bet he would have sold his alpha's howl, bought some regret orbs and used a different build.
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

But let's imagine for a moment that atziri had a property

"does not receive elemental damage from aura"

Woopty do, there goes all his effort and he can forget about an attempt. (4days in the league you wont catch up for 50 first)

I bet he would have sold his alpha's howl, bought some regret orbs and used a different build.

This.

@Boem

The difference between Mathil and you is that he relied on damage and kiting skills, while you were relying on abusing a mechanic in the game in order the make the boss do nothing at all.

Regardless of whether or not Atziri was immune to stun, I'm pretty sure the first two fights would have posed a problem. Does your stun build allow you to keep 2-3 bosses permastunned simultaneously? Most likely not. Your build was likely to fail anyways unless you were carried through up until Atziri.

------------------------

If GGG made Atziri immune to aura damage, then I would feel bad for those who made aura builds. Only then would I feel that they were shafted because it wouldn't be logical to make a boss directly immune to any form of damage.

I cannot say the same about stun and status ailments, however.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
Last edited by Sodomee on Mar 23, 2014, 1:35:37 AM
The first one to kill Atziri in Invasion (HvC) gives other Players the achivement for currency (20ex for the first). This players take no part in the fight itself... they are only in the area. I hope they won't get listet in the competition of the first 50. That makes it no competition of skill, but of currency farming.

Best regards (answer appreciated)
Last edited by Elariv on Mar 23, 2014, 6:15:20 AM
"
Elariv wrote:
The first one to kill Atziri in Invasion (HvC) gives other Players the achivement for currency (20ex for the first). This players take no part in the fight itself... they are only in the area. I hope they won't get listet in the competition of the first 50. That makes it no competition of skill, but of currency farming.

I hear that HvC also had help; someone came in to triple curse the boss.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
yeah but he is the only one taking the risk. and for atziri he doesnt use triplecurse.
maybe i'm wrong but still it feels not right that people who do nothing get the achivement + skins + whatever...
It's not like i can do it in the near future or sth like this ^^ but i think people should fight themself for the top 50 kills
"

"
@Boem

The difference between Mathil and you is that he relied on damage and kiting skills, while you were relying on abusing a mechanic in the game in order the make the boss do nothing at all.

Regardless of whether or not Atziri was immune to stun, I'm pretty sure the first two fights would have posed a problem. Does your stun build allow you to keep 2-3 bosses permastunned simultaneously? Most likely not. Your build was likely to fail anyways unless you were carried through up until Atziri.

------------------------

If GGG made Atziri immune to aura damage, then I would feel bad for those who made aura builds. Only then would I feel that they were shafted because it wouldn't be logical to make a boss directly immune to any form of damage.

I cannot say the same about stun and status ailments, however.

You guys are missing my point, and are failing to understand my issue with the implementation of this challenge.

So i will just stop discussing this with you, i am sure if a dev has read my post's and doesn't get hung up on my stun marauder, but realizes i am talking about something completely different, he will be able to do something with that feedback.

I am currently doing a repeat of the challenge and i am at 2 days played 14 hours, i got all 4 pieces and im at lvl 83 (going for atziri at 85).

So please stop making these silly assumptions about my playstyle or skill.

I am pretty sure a kill on atziri in under 4 days /played would have gotten me the achievement. So burb.

Regardless, me failing the achievement has nothing to do with my feedback about the implementation of the challenge.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Sodomee wrote:
"
Elariv wrote:

I hear that HvC also had help; someone came in to triple curse the boss.

I watched his and mors stream at the same time, unless I missed something I saw HvC do it all himself and kill first. Mors is the one who had someone triple curse for him and leave and then killed about 3mins after HvC.
@Joorix

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info