Ambush Atziri competition has concluded. Invasion is still going!

"
Grimmhammer wrote:
...soooo, people that like to play with their friends all the time, or maybe enjoy playing an aurabot/conduit type support character are pretty much barred from getting the competition reward? Sounds fair.

About as fair as people being barred who can't pay their "new friends" that they suddenly have a burning, irresistible desire to play with all the time, which suddenly evaporates as soon as Atziri dies.

For a competition to mean something, only solo kills need to count. Every other way invites cheating and leeching.

But the whole competition idea was flawed. If you can buy your success (doesn't matter if it's new friends, gear, or fragments that you're buying), people will buy it. And the more exclusive the reward is, the stronger the temptation to get it by whatever means are necessary. If the MTX reward had been less ugly and more appealing to me (e.g. something feline), I'd have bought one of the fifty, too, and I don't blame people who did. It wasn't against the rules.

This competition created more negative feelings and more resentment than it caused excitement, but no one can honestly be surprised by this. It was a bad idea from the start.
Good for the killers !
I'm also convinced it might even take the whole league for 50 people to kill Atziri in Invasion though, not 'soon'.

Anyway nice that there is something special for the extreme die-hard people, now I'd like to see more for us, the average players ;)
I don't think those special reward for this achievment is a good idea. All players aren't set on equal footing. The competition is biased from the start.
Last edited by Yesu on Mar 18, 2014, 8:15:48 AM
Gratz.
VGazer/SmashGazer/ChargeGazer/PyroGazer/BoomGazer/FrozenGazer/FlashGazer/BGazer/SlashGazer/ScionGazer/BlockGazer

Fish Sticks.
If Invasion league remains in the current [Balance] that it is.. 50 players might never kill Atziri, seriously
Please make it so that the SC Atziri killers cannot apply their cosmo effects in a HC league.
"
duckfluffed wrote:
Please make it so that the SC Atziri killers cannot apply their cosmo effects in a HC league.

little-man syndrome much?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ POE OR WELL MET ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
"
FullCust wrote:
lol i bet reboticon paid his way to this as well

Did not pay, did do in group. All of our currency and drops went to decking out two guys with uber gear. We got the strategy from watching the group that always finishes first in party races. BTW, you can not 1 player tag Atziri, though you can do it to the others. Parameters were given and we operated within them. It's just like some people farm for insane amounts of time for their gear, and some simply flip for it in trade chat.

FWIW - I think it would have been a much cooler competition if it was first 50 to solo her, or even anyone who solos her, but it wasn't.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Mar 18, 2014, 9:10:51 AM
"
At the time of writing, there have been no Invasion Atziri kills. They're getting close though. We're expecting quite a lot of kills in rapid succession once some people show it can be done without death.

Do you really believe that?
There will be some attempts in 3 months till then there might be 1-2 kills.
sorry, but once competition in Invasion will end, may we have statistics on how many people were killed by Atziri herself?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info