Ambush Atziri competition has concluded. Invasion is still going!

"
MosesXIII wrote:
1: All the "feedback" I really can possibly have about cutthroat is "Give us a permanent cutthroat league so I can stay there and never leave."

2: Show us the rewards for S7. Please? D: Was SO hoping they'd be there when I clicked the season page.

3: Seriously. Permanent cutthroat. Please?

How in the world will you make that fair?
After like one day some will be ahead 10 levels, and nobody is ever going to be able to ctach up. They will always get killed leveling.

And if you prohibit killing people way under your level, or start making the pvp possible after level "x", then the gate will be there and most of the players will get killed immidiately after they reach that level.

And if you say only your level +/- 3, then after 3 days the highest ranked players will have nobody to fight against, because they would have to wait for some unlucky bastard to level high enough to then be hunted down by the others.

Cutthroat in a hardcore setting is impossible as a long-term/permanent league.

My take on cutthroat races:
Make them twofold: Adjusted for the absolute length of the race, make the first 10/20/whatever zones uninvadable/ or put a timer in the race, which then opens the zones for invasion.
That way, everybody can level to a certain point before getting slaughtered by some highlevel players.

The other option would be to make SC cutthroat with chars of a certain level, like 45 (any arbitrary number) and set a goal (getting # of kills, getting # of mobs killed, reach piety etc.)

What I really would love to see:
PvE races! My miserable lvl 88 Char wants to race, too. So we get to take any char, and use it in a race against time. The game counts either exp (which is not awarded to the chars, no leveling there, and no death penalty like in pvp) or killed mobs, or zones cleared or whatnot, and then we test our chars against each other/ourselves and see if we get better, which of ours chars has the higher clearspeed etc. I would LOVE that. No drops in the races, no exp, just kill as much stuff as possible for like 1 hour. The maps could be normal zones with high level, or something like endless ledge or such.
I'd honestly be surprised if 50 people did it on Invasion.
Hopefully they will do challenges like this for each major patch. Sooner or later I will have a couple weeks straight off from life to try it :P
My Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/109915/page/1
It's evident that in this "competition" many people merely paid someone to be in the top 50. Seeing for e.g. a level 69 Ranger as the 19th kill is joke-tastic! (I used poestatistics.com to fill in the blanks.)

I feel like that is going to be much more the case on Invasion. I have no problem with people making currency, being rewarded for being good at the game. However, if you want it to be an actual competition, in future leagues you should make it the first 50 solo kills.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Mar 18, 2014, 2:59:10 AM
"
unsane wrote:
It's evident that in this "competition" many people merely paid someone to be in the top 50. Seeing for e.g. a level 69 Ranger as the 19th kill is joke-tastic! (I used poestatistics.com to fill in the blanks.)

I feel like that is going to be much more the case on Invasion. I have no problem with people making currency, being rewarded for being good at the game. However, if you want it to be an actual competition, in future leagues you should make it the first 50 solo kills.

This
IGN Ambush - Szybciochem
IGN Standard - Szybcioch
"
unsane wrote:

this
Hi, any hints as to when Season 7 starts?
"
unsane wrote:

QFT
"
unsane wrote:

THIS. Thank you for your research. I'm 100% certain other people did pay to get the kill. Or someone carrying his 5 guildmate/friends or w.e

i'm 100% certain that not even half of those 50 people could solo the challenge
IGN : MySecondBestiary
"
Brutus21 wrote:
"
unsane wrote:

THIS. Thank you for your research. I'm 100% certain other people did pay to get the kill. Or someone carrying his 5 guildmate/friends or w.e

i'm 100% certain that not even half of those 50 people could solo the challenge

Perhaps the rewarded microtransaction could cosmetically reflect a solo kill. While a boss is harder in groups, there is a synergistic effect of the team. It could be worth making a point of difference not only in ambush/invasion aztiri reward, but also in how it is achieved. Just an idea to float...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info