Ambush Atziri competition has concluded. Invasion is still going!

"
I decided to make a melee character for this league, and what i heard is that it's almost impossible to complete (that challenge) in the top 50 as a melee character. I pretty much got an auto-disqualification on day one when i decided to make a melee character... pretty lame challenge...

There has been reports of people doing it in ambush with cyclone, CoC doublestrike and summoners. It's definitely not just for ranged characters.
Good job to the first 50!
"
Brutus21 wrote:
so, how many of those people were ranged builds, and how many were melee builds?

also, how many people were either spectral throw or righteous fire?

how many people got carried by their friend(s) ?

I decided to make a melee character for this league, and what i heard is that it's almost impossible to complete (that challenge) in the top 50 as a melee character. I pretty much got an auto-disqualification on day one when i decided to make a melee character... pretty lame challenge...

im mele build killed her 10+ time know and i can tank he like nothing Flamblast =0 damage everyone else has to run from it. with 98 fire resist max spell block i have taken 6 flam blast in row and never rip .

if your geared for the fight then your ok.

for range class its very hard like ranger / wander but it can be done your going to need crazy gear that all.
Last edited by ePuff on Mar 18, 2014, 12:58:33 AM
Big congrats to the winners!
Zawanya - Corpse Exploder Extraordinaire (90+ witch)
Athexus - Speed Slasher (85+ dualist)
Zehjin - Immortal Reaver (85+ marauder)
Mizum - Facebreaking Fury (85+ marauder)
Today is tomorrow yesterday.
Sktrain all 8 challenges onslaught/anarchy and nem/domination ofcourse he is first 50 to kill atziri...
Twitter.com/Ecdub984
Youtube.com/Ecdub984
Twitch.tv/Ecdubs
50 ambush
0 invasion

need we say more?
45 out of 50 kills were spectral throw or melee spellblock.

Ah well I mean nobody ever plays REAL spellcasters(aside from EK) so it's not like anyone had the opportunity to attempt this impossible-for-casters fight anyway.
"
AmbushRacer wrote:

Ah well I mean nobody ever plays REAL spellcasters(aside from EK) so it's not like anyone had the opportunity to attempt this impossible-for-casters fight anyway.

pretty sure its something like that, or people being carried by their friends, or people paying exalts for someone to get the kill for them

i feel like this challenge was like uber tristam in diablo 2 : if u decided to make something else than a smiter, well good luck being able to complete it.. and forget being able to complete it first
IGN : MySecondBestiary
"
AmbushRacer wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on that number. I know of atleast 5 people in the top 20 who were not either of those builds... and I only know what less than half of the top 20 actually were.

I really really really wish people would stop making up crap about how its impossible without X or Y build...
"
NameIsDon wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
After a stupid amount of farming I'm yet to find a nightmare fragment, good thing this competition wasn't gated behind a unnecessary RNG wall...

Congrats to those lucky enough to find frags (or willing/able to spend stupid amounts of currency buying them) to take part and win though.

QFT

Well, see, there is your problem. You where farming for a nightmare fragment, when all you needed was one of those midnight fragments you alreday had...

But yes, it was part of the competition to beat RNG. As it always is in PoE.
I found a fragment in Standard BEFORE the changes to droprates, my friend found one after. The difference is roughly a Bringer of Rain.
Last edited by t_golgari on Mar 18, 2014, 2:07:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info