diablo II < path of exile?

You can't compare this game to D3. This game looks good and all, but D3 is on a whole different level. This game is free to play because no one would buy it over D3 if it cost the same.
at the very lease .. PoE has been nipping at blizzards heels for an earlier release or at least earlier release of information. It is very odd that blizzard dumped the NDA so quickly.
"
Lmaoboat wrote:
"
Ularewolf wrote:
I loved Diablo II but this game's atmosphere, skill system and graphics put it over the top for me compared to D2. I'm not counting out D3 yet, because I could just as well play both these games, but I'm really interested in PoE.

This game has atmosphere? Most of the outdoor areas of Act 1 have to be some of the most boring environments I've ever seen in a game. It's like real life, but more Grey.

Well I haven't played it myself but I have seen streams and videos of it. I like the style myself, I like it looking dark and kinda have a miserable feel to it. That's just me though. And I am sure if there are truly any issues on the game's atmosphere, they will fix it by OB or sooner.
I admit i really liked diablo 3 videos. Looks like another great game. But, at the same time, PoE surprised me a lot. A dark game with interesting classes and surelly i will look into this. Just hope the gameplay and game replay will be good too.
"
crazynomad wrote:
"
Patchumz wrote:
PoE is the unique and dark 'Diablo 3' people might be looking for, because we all know that creativity and innovation don't exist at Blizzard. (so yes, this game plays as amazingly as it looks)

Blizzard does amazing polish... But this game does a new style, which in itself is amazing.

I'm going to get both, but I know that this is going to be the interesting one.

No creativity or innovation?

I mean in this in the nicest way possible.

You're an idiot.

You haven't even played PoE beta to know what creativity means.
El Psy Congroo.
While I have yet to play the POE beta I did get lucky enough to play the F&F invite beta. I was going into the game with a very pessimistic attitude after listening to all the naysayers about it being D3 in name only. Let me tell you after playing through with only the Monk Blizzard has outdone themselves. Even with several bugs to be found in the beta it is a polished beast.
Any fan of aRPG's knows there have been so many letdowns since D2. D3 just feels epic. The sounds, effects, gameplay, and skill system are just all on par. With Blizzard it's all about the little things that make their games polished. It is going to be one addictive Hack N' Slash.
To compare it to POE, from what I have seen in several streams, is unfair. I really do think they are two totally different animals. From skill systems to how the economy is handled they are separate unto themselves. I think we can all agree both games will have their avid followers....with most if not all fans playing both.
I can tell you I'm sure both Blizzard and GGG are anxious to play the others creation.
"
Ularewolf wrote:
"
Lmaoboat wrote:
"
Ularewolf wrote:
I loved Diablo II but this game's atmosphere, skill system and graphics put it over the top for me compared to D2. I'm not counting out D3 yet, because I could just as well play both these games, but I'm really interested in PoE.

This game has atmosphere? Most of the outdoor areas of Act 1 have to be some of the most boring environments I've ever seen in a game. It's like real life, but more Grey.

Well I haven't played it myself but I have seen streams and videos of it. I like the style myself, I like it looking dark and kinda have a miserable feel to it. That's just me though. And I am sure if there are truly any issues on the game's atmosphere, they will fix it by OB or sooner.

Act 2 looks a little better, but the start of the game doesn't look dark at all to me. I think it takes a little more than some desaturation and dead bodies to create atmosphere. If they want to open strong, they should make it pouring down rain in the middle of the night with nothing but flashes of lightning to see anything outside of your light radius.
You can't really compare PoE (in it's current state) to Diablo 2.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
These are two completely different games. Also, this subjest was discussed hundreads of times already, use the search before you make a new thread to make sure you're not repetetive...
Ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased to announce today the battle to the death

in the right corner in red shorts last year's champion Diablo
in the left corner in blue shorts young but full of promise PoE

round 1
fight, kick, punch, more punch, the champion barely able to stand, hit, kick, defeated our champion in just one round, even in modern times, no one can resist the game of free to play with a big secret up his sleeve

Ha, you ask what the secret, but our secret will remain hidden until December 1, 2013, only on the threshold of universal horror I could open it, wait and venerate the mighty PoE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info