diablo II < path of exile?

it's never the same if you haven't played it yourself
my question was not is this game better than diablo3 but does it play like diabloII did, i played diabloII online for about 8 eyars, and have found no experiance like it since. if it plays like diabloII then im interested, although the lack of pvp worries me a little xx
Given that Diablo 2 came out 10 years ago and still has a playerbase numerous times that of forum users for POE, I'd say D2 is better.

But comparing the 2 is futile. POE loses points for lack of originality in just about every aspect except the way skills are done. Which so far, I do like. Even then, I see myself playing POE over D2 any day of the week.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/awpsaint/xenicide.jpg[/img]
"
Excyis wrote:
It does have that delicious diablo feel. Even though some things need fixing[because beta], it's quite the "diablo 3" I've been waiting for a long time.

Ive been waiting for something like this my whole life! so exited about when i get my hands on it, going to play it to DEATH.
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

▲
▲ ▲
"
ManiaCCC wrote:
This thread again?

But I just don't agree.. While I really like PoE and respect developers as much as possible, Blizzard just did outstanding job with Diablo 3... Diablo 3 has feel, atmosphere and everything what I wanted from another Diablo game.

PoE not so much.. but it's still great game

This is the only thing I feel PoE needs to work on (from what I have seen). The world and characters don't have a unique feel/atmosphere to them to really make a engaging world. I realize this is one of the hardest things to do in a game, but if they could do that on top of what I have seen in the incomplete game, I would play PoE the same or more than Diablo 3.

As for being better than D2, I would have to say I have to play it first but I am more interested in PoE than diablo 3 and from what I see from diablo 3, I am still liking D2 more so far.
Last edited by Vanakoji on Sep 18, 2011, 6:44:53 PM
"
ManiaCCC wrote:
"
because we all know that creativity and innovation don't exist at Blizzard

this is wrong on so many levels :) but anyway..nice try.

No shit hes here for an almost complete rip off of d2, but blizzard has no creativity or innovation.
Fail crits you for (2364) you have died!
"
Patchumz wrote:
PoE is the unique and dark 'Diablo 3' people might be looking for, because we all know that creativity and innovation don't exist at Blizzard. (so yes, this game plays as amazingly as it looks)

Blizzard does amazing polish... But this game does a new style, which in itself is amazing.

I'm going to get both, but I know that this is going to be the interesting one.

No creativity or innovation?

I mean in this in the nicest way possible.

You're an idiot.
"
balzdragon wrote:
"
ManiaCCC wrote:
"
because we all know that creativity and innovation don't exist at Blizzard

this is wrong on so many levels :) but anyway..nice try.

No shit hes here for an almost complete rip off of d2, but blizzard has no creativity or innovation.
Fail crits you for (2364) you have died!

One day... when you will know what you are talking about, talk to me again :)
I loved Diablo II but this game's atmosphere, skill system and graphics put it over the top for me compared to D2. I'm not counting out D3 yet, because I could just as well play both these games, but I'm really interested in PoE.
"
Ularewolf wrote:
I loved Diablo II but this game's atmosphere, skill system and graphics put it over the top for me compared to D2. I'm not counting out D3 yet, because I could just as well play both these games, but I'm really interested in PoE.

This game has atmosphere? Most of the outdoor areas of Act 1 have to be some of the most boring environments I've ever seen in a game. It's like real life, but more Grey.
Last edited by Lmaoboat on Sep 18, 2011, 8:02:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info