diablo II < path of exile?

from what ive looked at so far this looks like the best diablo style game ive seen yet, probably better than diablo3 is gonna be, can anybody whos in the beta lemme know if it really plays as good as it looks?
It does have that delicious diablo feel. Even though some things need fixing[because beta], it's quite the "diablo 3" I've been waiting for a long time.
Last edited by Excyis on Sep 18, 2011, 12:43:22 PM
This thread again?

But I just don't agree.. While I really like PoE and respect developers as much as possible, Blizzard just did outstanding job with Diablo 3... Diablo 3 has feel, atmosphere and everything what I wanted from another Diablo game.

PoE not so much.. but it's still great game
the videos look pretty amateurish. graphics remind me of a darker titan quest. especially animations. tq wasn't really any good. i went back to d2. even torchlight was pretty boring in the end. dungeon siege became worse with every iteration... i don't know why, but it seems no one but blizzard can make action rpgs that are worth playing. i hate the premise of d3 though and i sadly see this game go in a similar direction, with online play only. i'm interested though, how this game "feels" like.
PoE is the unique and dark 'Diablo 3' people might be looking for, because we all know that creativity and innovation don't exist at Blizzard. (so yes, this game plays as amazingly as it looks)

Blizzard does amazing polish... But this game does a new style, which in itself is amazing.

I'm going to get both, but I know that this is going to be the interesting one.
El Psy Congroo.
"
because we all know that creativity and innovation don't exist at Blizzard

this is wrong on so many levels :) but anyway..nice try.
"
ManiaCCC wrote:
"
because we all know that creativity and innovation don't exist at Blizzard

this is wrong on so many levels :) but anyway..nice try.

Not at all, lol. I played WoW for 4+ years and never once did I see something new that no one else has done. They do what everyone else does, but add ridiculously amounts of impressive polish and make a really slick game out of it, which some people love. But after long years of the same formula, it gets stale.
El Psy Congroo.
I played WoW for 6 years and also played EQ, UO and some other old school MMORPGs.. and saying WoW doesn't bring anything new on table is just wrong.. WoW changed fundamentals of MMORPGs..period.. only game which is on par with WoW changers is Guild Wars 2..but it's still have to prove itself.

If you think about it, Blizzard always changed something in big way..since Starcraft/Diablo 2 ..maybe it looks like "nothing" these days but it were big changes back then.

But again, I am not arguing which game is better (Diablo 3 or PoE).. I like PoE and I love Diablo 3.

I agree that it does look better than Diablo II, but that isn't say much. Now, the question of if it is better than Diablo 3 won't be answered until Diablo 3 actually comes out.

Either way, both games will have their share of fans, but Path of Exile has quite the battle ahead of it to go against Diablo 3. I just hope that they can both be popular, and succeed.
I think this game needs a lot more time in beta before it's ready to compete. Right now it feels really repetitive, and doesn't really stand out from the crowd.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info