Seraph Armour Skin Microtransactions in SotV

@merry_blind

Well mtx's make money do they are needed.

But...

Remember the huge helmet art overhaul? I am pretty sure that took a while to draw and armor being more detailed will take longer. They are, I'm sure, working on chest art for a huge overhaul like helmets.

Would be nice for that to be confirmed but I have faith they are.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Ok, ok, may we have the new tree to look at now? Please? v.v
I am not a bro.
"
Mivo wrote:
and we were given the impression the new trading system would be done

It still might be, and just wasn't announced in the previous thread due to not being SOTV themed (ie. nothing to do with the new bosses, or corruption, etc.). Hard to know till we see the patch notes, and/or the game after the update.
Don't listen to the NEGATIVE NANCYS. Ty Chris for all your hard work. <3
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
The seraph armor set looks absolutely glorious.
Wonder how many people bother to read this... or even know about this

"
Chris wrote:
There are appropriate ways to discuss concerns like this. If you feel that the game is terrible and that our company is evil, please discuss it in a constructive way. If you have a problem with us rebalancing the game, please lay out your concerns with how it affects your gameplay. Passive-aggressively accusing us of being bad developers is not useful to anyone.

On that topic, developers have feelings too. I care about the health of my team, and that includes their mental health. Some threads recently have honestly been incredibly hurtful and horrible to read. I have a thick skin, but I will not tolerate the forum causing my developers to feel upset about the reaction to the hard work they're putting in. They love constructive feedback on their work and really like hearing the good and bad points that you've seen in it.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/667888

And the fact that this game is F2P (frankly one of the few truly F2P games out there) DOES matter!

Of course there needs to be criticism/feedback (Desync needs fixing, 3D art is missing, Some build mechanics needs rework, and a lot more ...). But unlike quite a few P2W games out there GGG does add a lot of stuff constantly including fixes. I'm sure someone can link/msg me games that add much more content, however I seriously doubt that anyone can give even a hybrid F2P that brings out as much as GGG. All from a staff of ~60? with only 1-2? guys who work on micro-transaction that support the whole game last I remember...

So yea, constructive non-a-hole type criticism will hopefully help the game for years to come, but when GGG releases this much content, and the only post you write is: "Why U No Fix/Add/Change Dis 1 Thing I Want And Add Dis Stupid Shitz" you are quite simply a TROLL!
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Mar 3, 2014, 10:39:13 AM
"
Quazplum wrote:
Don't listen to the NEGATIVE NANCYS. Ty Chris for all your hard work. <3

well if everyone just gave positive critic , it would go to shit. constructive critic and feedback on both sides of the fence is always needed
This is a crisis I knew had to come,
Destroying the balance I'd kept.
Its really sad how some people keep asking without realizing the hard work devs are putting.
I am also a bit upset as the patch notes may not be available in time, but seriously its not the end of the world. I can wait for 24 hours more.

Thanks for making such an awesome,f2p and not p2w type of game :-).
Cheers
"
Merry_Blind wrote:
I'm sorry but this kind of stuff should be included in the game as a unique set or something. PoE armour design is kinda lacking (though it's still 'good, it's just not 'great'). Everybody agrees that PoE looks a bit bland, but I guess that's simply because you need to buy microtransactions to make it more complete and appealing visually...

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, and I'm a fan since Closed Beta, and did spend money on microtansactions (Supporter Packs), but I think they're pushing it a bit too far. Microtransactions are a tad too expensive, and half of them should be included in the game (even though it's a free game, yes).

I mean, just from supporter packs, from myself, and many others, they must have already made enough money to not need to rely on microtransactions that much. So far I've paid 75$ in packs I believe (25 Closed Beta + 50$ Open Beta if I'm not mistaken) so it's already as if I (and, again, many others) had paid the price of a full, complete, game, yet that's not what I have.

Still love the gameplay and all that stuff though don't worry, it's just the whole 'microtransactions thing' and slight feeling of 'incompleteness' I get from the game because those microtransactions 'items' are not included in the game as special effects you get from gems, or special unique items you feel so badass to have, or a pet you get as a quest reward, etc.

Totally disagree with this.

A "fire wall" has to be maintained in PoE between the gameplay and microtransactions. The best way to do that is to keep the gameplay pure, and dump all pay elements on the cosmetics.

Or else the game will just go to crap.

I've seen it happen in so many MMORPG's. F2P is introduced, and soon there is no challenge, and every encounter is set up to funnel you into the cash shop. As a result the genre has become a joke.
"
rel4us wrote:
"
Deliciouzzz wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
just a few questions chris, plz respond to that...

1. will the tree reset like after anarcy and we get full regrets on passive?
2. will the tree even change?
3. have you taken care of snapshooting items? (for summoners, bloodmagic, etc...)
4. did u balance the numbers spellcaster vs attacks?
5. did crown of eyes got a nerf?

that is all i need to know (and many others allso) to start planning for the next league...

thank you very much

1. will the tree reset like after anarcy and we get full regrets on passive?
Yes. Everyone is granted a full passive reset on every charracter.

2. will the tree even change?
Yes. It'll probably change more for some classes than others, but there's balance changes that affect the tree, thus why everyone gets a full reset in the firstplace.

3. have you taken care of snapshooting items? (for summoners, bloodmagic, etc...)
No idea what you're talking about.

4. did u balance the numbers spellcaster vs attacks?
Again, not following you.

5. did crown of eyes got a nerf?
You expect the lead director to handle you insight information about which specific items will get nerfed, 2 days before the launch of an expansion, I'm sure he's not busy working right? - Chris, can you get me hot shot expresso while you're at it!

chris answered my e-mail,

1. yes
2. yes
3. he couldent respond, he wrought "I can't comment on the others currently - a lot is still being tweaked." - but regurding your question, read more about snapshooting, it's like over abusing the mechanics of the game
4. spellcasters are alot weeker, i was woundering if there going to be a balance
5. :)

"5. did crown of eyes got a nerf?
You expect the lead director to handle you insight information about which specific items will get nerfed, 2 days before the launch of an expansion, I'm sure he's not busy working right? - Chris, can you get me hot shot expresso while you're at it![/quote]"

This is fake, right?

I really hope GGG doesn't treat their playerbase this way. Very unprofessional and offensive, a yes/no would've sufficed for #5.

Anyways, I'll keep my doubts and wait4patchnotes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info