Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #3

the fireball gem looks darker than usual, is it corrupted too?
I noticed all the items are sort of high level. It'd be interesting if this expansion was for the cruel or merciless difficulty, so that the next playthrough with the same char is different and interesting. Possibly corrupt spots show up, corrupt items, etc. I'd enjoy a change like that, and it'd definitely motivate me to play characters further, that's for sure.
"
temalamorsa wrote:
If there aren't corrupted weapons that require you wear a pair of gloves called Wraithguard to use I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Personally I'm hoping for the boots of blinding speed.
My feelings for corrupted: Path of exile doesn't like to be forgiving. Following that logic I believe that corruption will be a randomly generated affix to your gear. Each time you are hit by an enemy there will be a 0.1% chance to randomly corrupt one piece of gear you are wearing.

The gear doesn't have to disintigrate or wear out. Just imagine you have your character decked out and doing high maps and bam your +97hp ring turns into +10 light radius.

Just my opinion.
Last edited by Dementus on Feb 19, 2014, 8:10:25 PM
Hmm... Looks interesting! Loving that Red Mist effect as well! And by the way... Is that Fireball gem also corrupted? It looks more red than usual.
yay
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
i think corrupted mod can change regular mods (both implecit and explicit) to irregular or just change mod values during the time or on some in-game event.

also i think that gems insetred into corrupted items may become corrupted too in some circumstances.
Ah Chris, so you´re testing Whirling Blades with double Mightflay´s out?
Maybe consider to add some damage to this attack, i really like it somehow - and not just for unblocked movement. :)

Daily teasing is awesome!
"
Wooser69 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
IndigoRaven wrote:
First

So...corruption changs implicit mods?

Don't forget this picture.

I'm assuming corruption can change implicits on any item type but also has the chance to create a white socket instead, for items that have sockets.

But what might the downside to corruption be :(

Maybe items are untradable once corrupted?
Hardcore --> Onslaught --> Nemesis --> Invasion --> Bloodlines --> Tempest --> Standard...
Where's the spellcaster buff? Mages are way underpowered atm...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info