Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #3

THEOPOLIS HYPE!
vaal or no balls
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Feb 19, 2014, 7:06:06 PM
It seems rather obvious to me that Corruption has a different effect based on the item that is Corrupted.

From what we have seen we know that Corruption will change the implicit mods on Rings. We also know that it can change the sockets on a weapon to white (at least 1 socket).

These 3 screenshots all combine to pretty much confirm that it will have a different effect based on the slot that is effected (though it might be based on the item type, would need to see more weapons to say for sure).

My guess that it might be a very simple line of Jewelry and Armor/Weapons, though maybe Armor and Weapons will have different effects (we haven't seen any Corrupted Armor yet).
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
$wtb trip to Theopolis
BLAMT!
At this point, I think it's safe to assume "Corrupted" items are simply items which are modified in some way out of the ordinary. I suspect there will be a flag for most of the item attributes (implicit/explicit/sockets) where each modifier can be flagged as "Corruptible" i.e. can roll across all item types.

In the end it will come down to the RNG rolling an item drop as "Corrupted", and then rolling the list of attributes with the "Corruptible" flag enabled.

...Just my two cents.
Last edited by jriseden on Feb 19, 2014, 7:19:42 PM
So we've seen examples of the various effects of corruption on items. The red swirls on the map might also indicate something about where corrupted items come from.

Also I'm assuming this is normal mud flats but from his gear it looks like he has to be at least level 14. (really, in the mud flats Chris?) We can also see a pair of boots hidden behind the item stats. Is this a new unique or are they just plated/ancient/vaal greaves? (Which don't match the assumption that this is normal mud flats)

Also time/exp based corruption doesn't seem to fit as from the item stats there is no indication of any sort of progress or degradation, just 'Corrupted.' This information would be highly important for trading purposes so I would think there would be some indication on the item if such a mechanic existed.
corrupted skills will now have a default fart sound when used
"
Aux doings his thing. darn.

Wow. Nice addition to Mud Flats.

Theopolis, here we come!

ill be joining
Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League
"
THEOPOLIS HYPE!

One of the best names I have seen recently, good laugh and well thought - TwoLeggedRefrigerator
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Feb 19, 2014, 7:37:02 PM
If there aren't corrupted weapons that require you wear a pair of gloves called Wraithguard to use I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info