What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

"
mouhanad wrote:
My thoughts exactly.

So many players are asking for a new league with no iir and iiq and no legacy items, yet we get no response from the devs about this. Shameful really. People like the game and the developers behind it because supposedly you care about your customers and interact with them. For God's sake, don't get drunk on your initial success and turn into another Blizzard or another EA.

Besides a new standard league is not only a serious matter the players but for GGG as well as it impacts your profitability. You have made many new customers since official release. Only way to retain them is through a new permanent league that provides true end-game and continuous development of your characters.

Mate, you need to have some foresight.

Look; I don't want the IIQ gem removed, but here's the thing with a 'permanent' league;

Each new 4 month league is going to have items and perks only available to them.
This goes for both the Softie and Hardcore modes. I.e. The Taming, and the Headhunter items.

These will be 'new legacies' that will enter standard.

This will repeat every four months, along with numerous balance changes, new skills, etc etc, as the game moves forward. There are still SEVEN planned acts if I'm not mistaken.

You need to pick your battles. A permanent league will always have the issue of legacy items, etc, it's just how it's going to be, whether they make a new one, or carry on with Standard as is. If you want permanence, this is something that needs to be accepted. There are going to be legacies, unless there is no permanence, and they wipe the server periodically, like.. a temporary league. Every four months, more legacy items will migrate into standard.
Last edited by gr00grams on Feb 15, 2014, 3:19:02 AM
"
gr00grams wrote:
Each new 4 month league is going to have items and perks only available to them.
Every four months, more legacy items will migrate into standard.

This "problem" has a very easy fix:
Each league on its own aka dont transfer anything from one league to another.

This way a permanent league should only "suffer" from its inherent properties: wealth accumulation which prolly leads to inflation.
But that is not a reason and there is no need to add/dump items from another leagues, inside and outside legacies etc to make it really unbearable.

It can easily be done but the developer doesnt want to. There is no technicality aside, they dont want it, plain and simple. They want to enforce a 4-month playstyle, restarting for a gazillion time.
"
mobutu wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:
Every four months, more legacy items will migrate into standard.

This "problem" has a very easy fix:
Each league on its own aka dont transfer anything from one league to another.

This way a permanent league should only "suffer" from its inherent properties: wealth accumulation which prolly leads to inflation.
But that is not a reason and there is no need to add/dump items from another leagues, inside and outside legacies etc to make it really unbearable.

It can easily be done but the developer doesnt want to. There is no technicality aside, they dont want it, plain and simple. They want to enforce a 4-month playstyle, restarting for a gazillion time.

What about future balance changes?

The new era of gaming is always updating. This isn't like when I was a kid playing Final Fantasy on the Nintendo, games are always evolving now.

Even without item 'dumping' there will still be balance changes and the like, it's going to happen, and the way they've coded the game makes retroactively altering gear a massive pain in the ass.

The only game that had it done successfully was Sacred 2, when they altered the power of socketable rings and amulets, everyone's items just instantly changed. There was a lot of crying, but it was a necessity and everyone got over it. Was a +all attributes fix, seems every arpg has trouble with that modifier. It was nerfed here too no?

At any rate, games are made by people, and this games' system (apparently) doesn't have a good method to retroactively fix items etc for balance, so it would just happen again.

EDIT* As for restarting, and it's emphasis, I would agree players are somewhat pushed to that, but to be frank; in the long run, players will push back, and either accept standard/hc or leave. I suspect many domination players will not be re-rolling. I might, but odds are unlikely. I still have all my TQ chars from 03 or whenever it came out, ARPG's are serious grinds, can't keep starting over.
Last edited by gr00grams on Feb 15, 2014, 4:49:08 AM
"
gr00grams wrote:
What about future balance changes? ... the way they've coded the game makes retroactively altering gear a massive pain in the ass.

Well, at least that is what they are trying to imply, to make you believe, that it is so technically haaard to make those retroactively changes that is not worth doing it.

For example:
-one ggg developer said that legacy items are a feature (my comment: lol, this is an insult to basic common sense);
-another ggg developer said that it is technically (almost) impossible;
-another ggg developer (third one) said that it was more of a design decision.

Exactly, it is not the first time a "misdirection of truth" is present in their official speech: those (very) old here will probably remember the fiasco with the "online" ingame chat command, that was working very well and after some update in preparation of some release it was removed from the game on the premises of "not updated to correlate with the new database migration". Obviously, it was a blatant lie, they just wanted to remove it from general use so nobody could see the real numbers of online players that a league had.

Yes, my opinion is they are not telling the truth in the legacy matter, which is forcing you to play in a 4-month-restarting cycle by making an unbearable experience for those who like to play a permanent league.

Another reason for not believing into this "technically impossible" is simple: they are not amateur.
Today, only an amateur will tell that is not possible/feasible to retroactively change some digital items.

Regarding playstyles, there are two sides:
-those who like permanent and dislike temporary;
-those who like temporary and dislike permanent.
It is plain stupid to enforce any category into another category playstyle.
That is why not transferring items between leagues and not creating any kind of legacies is key.
The developers of this game remained prisoners of a system that is a century old, with total lack of innovation in this matter. I'm talking about ladder system.
Last edited by mobutu on Feb 15, 2014, 5:53:14 AM
Is anyone able to give me a f***ing answer on a question, what gappens with guild stash when the Domination and Nemesis Leagues end? Or it's another one of GGG's policy? I think, here are players from guilds and I guess, this question is interesting for them.
"
gr00grams wrote:
Even without item 'dumping' there will still be balance changes and the like, it's going to happen, and the way they've coded the game makes retroactively altering gear a massive pain in the ass.

Stop talking out of your ass. You have no clue how they coded the game and apparently you also have no clue about software development. Maintaining a database takes not more than pressing a fucking key. Rhys telling us different means he is either lying or grossly incompetent as a coder.

Chris telling us it is a feature, Rhys telling us it is not technically possible. The amount of bullshit fed to the community stinks to heaven and if you believe any of it you are a fucking idiot.

You see a problem with new short-term leagues ending and bringing legacy items into the new standard? Delete these items - problem solved. Yes, I am fucking genius.
Last edited by Ezekeel on Feb 15, 2014, 12:27:00 PM
I have a Perandus Blazon cloth belt...should I use a blessed orb on it now, to try to max out the IIQ bonus on it before it gets nerfed?
Last edited by Obright on Feb 15, 2014, 12:37:26 PM
"
Obright wrote:
I have a Perandus Blazon cloth belt...should I use a blessed orb on it now, to try to max out the IIQ bonus on it before it gets nerfed?

You mean divine orb, for rolling the quantity mod.
Blessed orb will roll the implicit mod (% increased block and stun recovery).

You should buy a max 12% quantity for some chaoses (maybe 1-2, priced in standard league) so using a divine orb is out of the question.
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Obright wrote:

You mean divine orb, for rolling the quantity mod.
Blessed orb will roll the implicit mod (% increased block and stun recovery).

You should buy a max 12% quantity for some chaoses (maybe 1-2, priced in standard league) so using a divine orb is out of the question.

I had it as "divine orb" but then changed it because I thought I was wrong. :p Thank you for that, I will look into doing that, and save my divine orbs.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
Skyl3lazer wrote:
Please do not add Soul Eater, Storm Herald, or Corrupting Blood into the base game. It would be an honestly terrible addition to PoE if those became permanent.

No, we need Corrupting Blood. It is my favorite Nemesis Mod, and I will commit honorable Sudoku if they remove it... >_<

Storm Herald on the other hand, will most definitely be removed.

NO, CB either needs completely removed, or have some sort of warning, something that screams a mob has CB, that can be seen even in the largest of packs of mobs. i have had to many close calls, and 3 deaths because by the time i realize theres one in a pack, IM DEAD. If its fixed, im fine with it, its a decent mechanic, and is easy to counter, but is NOT a fun surprise.

Storm Heralds im fine with staying, could be fixed though so damage isnt so insane, but if i dont want to deal with it, i dont have to, and there is no major surprises with it.

Soul eater, WTH would that get removed, thats an actualy fun mechanic, that if players dont pay attention, can easily make them pay for it. They are very easy to spot, because as soon as you see the souls being grabbed, you KNOW theres one there feeding off your kills. Actually the only real fun mod =).
IGN:Axe_Crazy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info